I caved into the pressure

• Thread starter SecretJardinDS90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

Hey guys, so I've been vegging my girls under the t5's and I went out and bought a 400w HPS for flowering, I figure I may as well just do it right and get denser better quality bud by using an HPS, it was the same amount of money for 8 2700kelvin t5s as it was for the 400w hps

Hortilux eye enhanced spectrum Super HPS bulb
400w lumatek electronic ballast (can go 250w - 250superlumens - 400w - 400superlumens)
18x24 reflector hood

What do you guys think ?

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

Hey guys, so I've been vegging my girls under the t5's and I went out and bought a 400w HPS for flowering, I figure I may as well just do it right and get denser better quality bud by using an HPS, it was the same amount of money for 8 2700kelvin t5s as it was for the 400w hps

400w lumatek electronic ballast (can go 250w - 250superlumens - 400w - 400superlumens)
18x24 reflector hood

What do you guys think ?

I like very much i ll be watching :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Looks like you did your homework and got a good quality setup- which will help guarantee many happy returns!

Don't let your plants get too close to the HID, even a 400w HPS will burn the crap out of them unlike T5. Ventilation will be easier as the hood and bulb aren't such a barrier like a T5 array is. The heat generated by a 400w HID and an 8 bulb T5 setup is actually very similar.

If at some point you want to get fancy, consider adding some UV CFLs or some LED supplemental lighting. Many here say such photonic amendments add frost.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Post Script- tattoojim liked this at least in part because he's one of the guys here who rocks that UV cfl I mentioned! By all acounts, it's workin' out pretty frosty for him, too...

L

Liberanos5

18x24 reflector hood

What do you guys think ?
I love that the Lumatek ballasts are silent. They do give off a good bit of heat. I have mine outside the actual grow area for that reason. Hortilux bulbs are great. Mine are in vented hoods all connected with flex duct and vented out. I'm a noobie myself but I know you usually cant go wrong spending a bit more $$ for quality components as y ou seem to already know. Best of luck!

SecretJardinDS90

SecretJardinDS90

Hey thanks everyone, I did my homework and with all the options out there this one seemed to be the best bang for my buck! Can't wait to start using it, it's a shit ton brighter then te t5's

Latest posts

Top Bottom