I don’t know which LED to buy?

• Thread starter savagemonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
savagemonk

savagemonk

I’m shopping for a new led for a 4x4 or a pair for a 2x4 each. Dimmable, best diodes, generous far red, 1000 ppfd average and not too expensive.
So far I’m considering growers choice 720.

I’m suspicious scynce raging kush 2.0 isn’t as great as it’s marketed to be. They don’t mention their diode manufacturer. Have heard secondary optics absorb up to 10% of the light and reflect some light backwards. Not sure if secondary optics make lights better.

Any suggestions?

Reactions: PK1
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Very happy with my spider farmer quantum boards for waaaaaay less $.

If I had a grand to drop on a light that growers choice you're looking at looks damn good though. 👍

Bar style setups are the new black haha

PK1

PK1

Supporter
i'd say you have lots of options to choose from. spider farm, mars hydro, budget light, and some more.
i use mars and have had good results with the sp3000 and ts1000.
I've also seen growers do fabulous grow with spider farmer sf2000. If you really want to find out which one would fit your needs is to watch some led spectrum light par reading videos as there is a lot of them out there. One last thing, don't cheap out on the light. 😁

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I have two Mars Hydro TS1000 in a 2x4 and I'm well happy, for a 4x4 tent you could stick 4 of them in the tent and still get away with 500 quid for 600w, plus you have the flexibility of more smaller units when swapping between tents and they can also be daisy chained together in the individual tents.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

If you want bang for your buck, and don't mind buying directly from China, Alibaba is a great place for a budget LED. I went with a Meijiu A8 and have no regrets. Meanwell driver, Samsung diodes, and coverage of a 4x4 area like I have never seen. $650 USD shipped to my door. This light is just for flower and as I have just hung it, cant vouch for how good it will do so ...yet. Plants go into flower on Jan 2nd...

They have an even better F8 with foldable capabilities and like 1000 more diodes than mine for like $100-$150 more.

BigCube

BigCube

You can save massive cash going with a good well known off brand like kingbrite. Seriously less than half the price, tons of us on this forum are using them and have been for over a year now. Just a thought if you were looking at affordable options.

johnursery

johnursery

Sub'd I'm looking at lights too and so far have been leaning towards kingbrite for affordability and reputation but I feel like I've still got so much information to learn before id be able to give any advice

growitathome

growitathome

I’m shopping for a new led for a 4x4 or a pair for a 2x4 each. Dimmable, best diodes, generous far red, 1000 ppfd average and not too expensive.
So far I’m considering growers choice 720.

I’m suspicious scynce raging kush 2.0 isn’t as great as it’s marketed to be. They don’t mention their diode manufacturer. Have heard secondary optics absorb up to 10% of the light and reflect some light backwards. Not sure if secondary optics make lights better.

Any suggestions?

I would highly recommend avoiding Grower Choice.

I just bought one and it looks like it was assembled in the dark by someone with no fingers.

Company says "it's fine."

https://invalid.com/a/QJ1lqEB

1   A5jcznh
2   0bPhYHm
3   DiJERu5
4   7SHTjGF
Last edited:
Top Bottom