I don’t know which LED to buy?

• Thread starter savagemonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would highly recommend avoiding Grower Choice.

I just bought one and it looks like it was assembled in the dark by someone with no fingers.

Company says "it's fine."
That's scary, if that's just the outside, imagine the inside with the electrics..... Danger Zone...

HarryHood

HarryHood

New Farmer here working on my first grow so my knowledge is very limited. My tent size is basically the same as yours and I went with SF4000 due to it's dimming capabilities. Good luck!

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I went with a viparspectra just because of price but it seems like you want an actual quality reliable product so got with an hlg light. They're one of the only (if not the only) companies that actually show there sphere test results. From my experience they have the best customer service and they use lm301b so it's pretty hard to go wrong with them. Their lights are a bit more expensive than everyone else's but if you're serious about getting a good light then it's worth it.

ItchyDave

ItchyDave

I would highly recommend avoiding Grower Choice.

I just bought one and it looks like it was assembled in the dark by someone with no fingers.

Company says "it's fine."

That is poor but can't you just tighten those two screws up? Barely worth emailing them for something that trivial.

ItchyDave

ItchyDave

The Mars TS1000 is tough to beat during veg. In flower its okay but is outperformed by other lights especially for penetration. Good that it's dimmable but crap place to mount driver and mine failed after 3 months and had to replace. Overall its a good beginner light but some of my best results came with MIGRO 100+ COBs which I highly recommend.

savagemonk

savagemonk

Thanks for the feedback. I bought growers choice 720. An important factor I didn’t mention was low mounting height. I’m growing autos in a short basement. This light has a short mounting height. Its several hundred dollars cheaper than gavita, scynce, thinkgrow so I think it’s good value. Also seems to be run by 2 respected US companies TSL and Growers Choice.
During 2021 I’ll be closely watching YouTube reviews on the scynce raging kush 2.0. Curious how the 5 phase flower spectrum recipes affect yield and quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom