i dont care what anyone says 24 hour veg is HORRIBLE, tell me why u think different

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

wow..I notice that my NL13 x OG Kush get a little droopy as the hours go on...

not too bad but noticeable to pappa...

then after the lights have been off for 6 hours, they have perked back up...

If 24/7 gives bushier plants, then I'll give er a go, but how can I do it without pissing off my plants?

Do I keep the light further away, or will they just get used to 24 hours of light after awhile?
:)

Well, I kept the light on through their normal dark period today and lo and behold, they are looking great!

no droop as I feared...

so, there it is..I'm here to tell you that I'm a convert..

It's only been a day, but I would see some signs of stress by now if it were detrimental..

I'll post here if anything changes, but I kinda don't think it will...

right on chicken phatz :)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
either i was just too medicated or just sooo dense and misunderstood all this....

im feelin lil feisty today i guess, sorry mates:handshake

make babies not bombs..... bros lol

ps. what is this thread about now xactly.... lets see, i would like to contribute :boogie:

i consider myslf an xprienced grower in touch with our sacred herb. I support 24/7 with most strains, but my instincts sometimes tells me to cut back from time to time. i believe in temporary controlled stresses to provoke hormone assimilation, temp,lighting, flushing,carb loads etc. I strongly feel that some dark cycle during veg aids is recovery, cycle stress, and later bud site formation instincts when switched to 12/12.
Benefits in yield are marginal and subjective, but just seems to promote maturity, and aggravate instinct precursors in the plants dna.. long story short cycles of even 20/4 to me, seems to provide essential down time for thorough synthesis. I could grow dank in my spare bedroom toilet, but to really dial it in and promote potentials taste/resin level etc, you gotta tweak em

ill shut up now-peace[/QUOTE

Heck yeah! I sleep better now..:RastaBong::handshake

Now I guess I am going to try 24/7.. peace

urbanite420

urbanite420

YOUR CHANGING THE DNA
yes i said u are altering the DNA ,

Now think about that , u can never reach a goal as creating a stabilized hybrid when all your plants are changing the DNA codes , all your doing is creating a clusterfuck of mutated altered genes

It isn't so much the actual DNA coding sequence that gets changed, unless a chemical mutagen is added. What is changed is the placement or removal of certain methyl or acyl molecules from certain DNA bases or the histone proteins that keep DNA organized.

Nutrition and environment have an impact on DNA methylation and histone modifications. The study of these DNA modifications is called Epigenetics, and explains that these DNA mods can cause certain genes to be activated or deactivated, and can even be heritable from parent to offspring. Unlike actual mutations that cause changes in coding sequence, these epigenetic changes are reversible. Since this is such a new field of study, we have yet to fully understand how these changes can be controlled to our advantage.

ps. Move that 1K watter 4 feet from your plants - then your 24/7 will work fine! You're fryin them at that close a range!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Farmer Jon here chiming in on the age old argument...and all i have to add is the best argument i've read is keeping the Environment at a constant. Is 24/7 bad.. no i dont believe it is, is it Benificial ...could be, is it necessary to achive lush healthy growth? no it is not.
And just to stir up some thought what abought 13/11 for flowering.....vs. 12/12 does it make a difference? hmmmmm? (should prob start a new thread)

S

SkyHi

i started this thread and i concur 24 hr is better

I veg at 24/7 but that's because I don't have a time at the moment if I did I would run 16/8. I belive a dark cycle is beneficial to over all health

L

Lost

About DNA : Reality is that it mutates anyway... Did you know since you were born, your genetic code has made on average over 200 MAJOR genetic changes. (more than happy to site if needed) I have no reason to believe its any different for plants..

Lets talk system longevity. Bulbs burn out because of the starts are hard on the bulbs.. Ballasts also have wear and tear from the start-ups. If its 24/7, no startups, less wear and tear..

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

I'm with Velvet Elvis on this one.

18/6 for years and before that 24/7 worked for me on the coast. Up here at hi elevation (7200) I get better luck with time off. I'ts also sick dry..RH never goes over 20%. We run foggers 24/7...Thinner air 25% I believe. Lots variables to mess with my simulated mother nature....

I guess I could go 24/7 but it bugs me when the meter spins all day. Mine do fine rockin 18/6 so I'm staying with it

I actually like title of thread. It tells me the OP is open to suggestion despite his bad luck with all day lite'

M

MedicalINFO

I think vegging is all about growing roots.

The plants like the break they get when running 18/6, plus you save money on electric, plus with the lights off it gives you time to spray pest preventative.

I run 24 hours light under my t-5's then as soon as they are potted up I cut back to 18/6 and let those roots grow.

HAPPY ROOTS DIRECTLY RESULT IN HAPPY PLANTS, Let them sleep a lil' bit, We all would be a wreck without sleep

H

Hashshashin

I believe plants need a dark period even if it is limited. plants switch over at night from photosynthesis to transpiration in which they open their stomatas and stop taking in Co2(ever notice how plants leaves droop at night after about an hour of darkness). I find the dark period to be crucial since the only place in the world that plats would get 24hrs of light is an artic region haha. I see better vigor on plants that are able to gain a dark period. IMO the day is for making energy and reserves than using the energy at night to stretch its roots and multiply cells

clones i think are a different story since we want them to use energy to go into making roots so the most light possible would be good. After this i think 18/6 or 20/4 should be run for vegging plants. This is just my opinion though.

T

tntforlife

The strain I have, loves 24/7. When I first got the strain, I tried 18/6. Between 4-6 weeks, it wanted to start budding. I tried 20/4, but didn't really think that 4 hours off made a difference. I now run 24/7 and my plants love it. Anything under that, might as well start the 12/12.
24/7 all the way.
tntforlife

C

canigrowit

i grow afghan strain and white widow i see a big differnce in my plants on 18/6 looks as if they get rest from growing during the dark period. when i ran 24/7 they seemed stressed and stunted.

S

seedsfromgod420

I never had a problem vegging under 24 hour light. super results great bud. saves time.

C

cheyenne

I'm with Velvet Elvis on this one.

18/6 for years and before that 24/7 worked for me on the coast. Up here at hi elevation (7200) I get better luck with time off. I'ts also sick dry..RH never goes over 20%. We run foggers 24/7...Thinner air 25% I believe. Lots variables to mess with my simulated mother nature....

I guess I could go 24/7 but it bugs me when the meter spins all day. Mine do fine rockin 18/6 so I'm staying with it

I actually like title of thread. It tells me the OP is open to suggestion despite his bad luck with all day lite'

FWIW ive spent years growing indoors at over 8K feet ASL and ran 24/7 w incredible growth. As far as thinner air goes 7200' figure 2.5-3% less O2 per thousand feet ASL....so your 14-16% lower then LA.

One thing im curious about is how coming down from 8K to 3k is going to affect my yields...im guess more stem less bud...that could be a new thread....

MARTA

MARTA

I've had great success with both.

From what I understand, Cannabis is a C4 Carbon Fixation Plant...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C4_plants

They totally dig the 24hrs, if there are no other environmental issues... (temperature, humidity, etc.)

Hoping I can spread the info, since I didn't see it posted in this thread. :heart

L

l0g1c4l

This has been a very informative thread...even tho the title is a lil over kill....

I 24/7 it until they are well rooted, and than I save that 4 hours of electricity!!

D

Dan K

i run t5's for close spacing and on 24 hour i have a constant perfect 78/60 @ top level with light 3-5 inches from canopy... i've been doing this from the start...

N

nog

my plants would look stressed under 1000 wats 2 foot away, ive done 24/7 for over 5 years never noticed any stress, plants cannot reason, they do not think "ffs that fucking bulbs been on for ever". they just react to light and grow, please dont tell me its not natural, as ive said before on this issue, 1000 wat hps at 2 foot is not natural either. if you really care about the plants psychological well being plant them outside in soil in the sun.

P

pure arghan

the 24hr light deafnetly did't kill your plants

i tried 24 hour veg for a week plants were just super stressed, looked drained and i even lost 2 because of it. 18-20 hrs max that 4 to 6 hrs of pitch dark is needed. when i turn the lights on in the morning they always just look bigger and healthier compared to when i wake up in the morning and look at them from a 24 hr they look stressed. im using 1000w hps bout 2 ft away. who agrees who disagrees?

the resion they looked stressted is becase they where, you said they where only on 24hr light for one week, it takes a plant at the very least 1 week to get used to any light sycile if you had of gave them 2 weeks you would have seen them get back to wot they where on the old light times, the outher thing that people think is that you will see them grow faster when under the 24hr time table, this is not ture, you will only see the benifit of the 24hr light when the plant is in flowering, when the plants are in the 24hr veg time table the only real bifreance you will see is the stuck will trun a red/darker colour and will change back when in leat flowering, the rednes is the build up of fed in the form of light, plants do this incase they have long perides of darknes, and will/should give you a 20/25% incresae in yeald, ive been doing this for more than 10 years and have never seen any advers affetes, the only outher thing i would say is that if your veging under a 100watt hps then you should'd need to veg for 24hrs as with that light you should see the stucks turn a bit red, the mean resion for having the 24hr light time is because most people veg under flouresent lights ( i always veg under flouressnt lights cos its useing less elictricty) hps lights have alot more light intenseady, if your paying for your lecy bill then i would change to flouresent and go 24hr, just my opinuin, hope this hellps and good luck with all your grow's :rasta:

Top Bottom