I Don't Know What I Just Did Wrong.

• Thread starter jackspider76
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackspider76

jackspider76

Hey all farmers, I had some very beautiful, very green and healthy Chocolope when I feed yesterday. I left for the day. And this morning she looks like this. Tomorrow will be day 14 in flower. Can I fix whatever I've done? Plz help 911.

I dont know what i just did wrong
I dont know what i just did wrong 2
I dont know what i just did wrong 3
jackspider76

jackspider76

Foxfarm big bloom, tigerbloom, Cal-Mag and, molasses. SHIT I do remember having to stop when I was feeding. Then I came back. That when I probably over feed her. Can I bring her back? I want to flush her, but then I'll be over watering the shit out of her.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You should have flushed her immediately. You stil can but she won't recover. I'd kill her and start over. You can try taking cuts where the damage is least obvious but don't hope for a miracle there. This plant is gone.

Sorry bro

Keep it green!

waayne

waayne

@Toaster79 is right on point
Those plants are too compromised now to amount to much.....

You don't need to feed both Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom
Pick one Bloom food and go with that, and mix it at a rate lower than the manufacturers suggested rate....
Fox Farm is famous for suggesting super strong dosages....better to start out at a lesser rate and increase if necessary,as opposed to what you've done here by over feeding.....

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Foxfarm big bloom, tigerbloom, Cal-Mag and, molasses. SHIT I do remember having to stop when I was feeding. Then I came back. That when I probably over feed her. Can I bring her back? I want to flush her, but then I'll be over watering the shit out of her.

Are you using a ppm/e.c. meter? Even a cheap one could help save your grow if your feeding with any sort of liquid nutrients. Im in the process of learning about ppms ph and the feeding process myself. Once i started measuring i brought down my dosage by at least half. And even before then i wasnt burning my plants. You must have used waaay too much to do all that.

Someone on this forum recently taught me that's your plants will suffer less if you under-fertilize, then if you over fertilize. So start slow, small dosage, then slowly increase it each feeding. As soon as you notice any tell tale signs of burning, back it off. Burnt tips. Curled leaves, dark dark green leaves, yellowing, theres a handful of signs. I just applied this to my grow in the last two weeks of feeding. And so far things are smooth

Im a beginner. This is accumulated info coupled with my personal experience so hopefully this will help. There are a lot of cool people here that will guide you in the right direction. Someone should also move this to the infirmary section. Sorry about your plants man, id be heart broken.

M

mole83

That must of been a massive dose you gave it to do that in a day! :eek:

Like others have said and it works with all plants whatever your growing, always start on a low dose and increase over time you can always remedy a hungry plant but it's a lot harder to fix an overdose and same applies to watering plants, less is better as you can fix a slightly droopy plant but once you have Pythium setting in because of too much water its too late.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I'm brand new. My first grow. I was so scared of doing this that I nearly starved mine to death. Best advice iv took is get a decent EC meter which I have now. It has saved my plants....and my sanity lol . I'm in organic soil so I was bothered about my nutes not registering on the meter but they have. I read some where that organic nutes don't register on EC meters.

Toaster79

Toaster79

I'm brand new. My first grow. I was so scared of doing this that I nearly starved mine to death. Best advice iv took is get a decent EC meter which I have now. It has saved my plants....and my sanity lol . I'm in organic soil so I was bothered about my nutes not registering on the meter but they have. I read some where that organic nutes don't register on EC meters.

If you're in organic soil, best advise would be learn how to read your plants. EC meter wont help much when growing organic. You can't accurately measure EC with this grow style.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I got an EC meter after Seamaiden said altho it won't register organic nutes like it will hydro nutes it gives me an idea of what's going on week to week. It has done that for me. I was finding it difficult as a new grower to understand the nutes in my soil an it's levels. I keep them even now instead of up and down everywhere like they were before I used a meter. I don't use it as much now in this grow as iv learned how to feed this grow. Next grow I will deffo be using it again. I'm not an instinctive gardener like some so this has helped me understand better if u know what I mean.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Not with Big Bloom. It's FF's only organic fert, and believe you me, it's not going to register accurately on a meter.
Do most organic ferts work this way? Been trying to gather how im gonna keep a measurement on my ferts to not go over the top. But still try n push my plants.

The only way i can conjour is to learn the probs and defiencies looks and effects. But man, seems like the more i learn, the worse i get at diagnosing a problem lol. Sounds weird but i learn about a cal - and suddenly everything has a cal -..... Lol.

This is definitely an area where my experience is lacking. But hey, one step at a time right?

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

I got an EC meter after Seamaiden said altho it won't register organic nutes like it will hydro nutes it gives me an idea of what's going on week to week. It has done that for me. I was finding it difficult as a new grower to understand the nutes in my soil an it's levels. I keep them even now instead of up and down everywhere like they were before I used a meter. I don't use it as much now in this grow as iv learned how to feed this grow. Next grow I will deffo be using it again. I'm not an instinctive gardener like some so this has helped me understand better if u know what I mean.

Do you have a grow diary up right now? I feel like ive been watching you learn since i first joined the farm

Edit to add: id like to follow up and see how things are progressing for you

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do most organic ferts work this way? Been trying to gather how im gonna keep a measurement on my ferts to not go over the top. But still try n push my plants.

The only way i can conjour is to learn the probs and defiencies looks and effects. But man, seems like the more i learn, the worse i get at diagnosing a problem lol. Sounds weird but i learn about a cal - and suddenly everything has a cal -..... Lol.

This is definitely an area where my experience is lacking. But hey, one step at a time right?
One step at a time, and, get more grows under your belt. That's where you really get your learn on. Every year I learn something new.

As for organic ferts and EC meters, yes, most behave in this manner. What we're measuring is electrical conductivity, and somethings are conductive and others aren't.

Don't do the "push the plants" thing. It's expensive in more ways than one. ;) (This piece of advice from someone who's still got a long way to go!)

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

One step at a time, and, get more grows under your belt. That's where you really get your learn on. Every year I learn something new.

As for organic ferts and EC meters, yes, most behave in this manner. What we're measuring is electrical conductivity, and somethings are conductive and others aren't.

Don't do the "push the plants" thing. It's expensive in more ways than one. ;) (This piece of advice from someone who's still got a long way to go!)

Thanks sea. I always dig your advice. Im on my first grow now. (besides the two i grew outdoors that turned out pretty :yuck::depressed::meh::hungover:
Awful. But those were my baby steps. Ha)

So your right. Im finding a steady rhythm and doing my best to retain. gaining something daily here at the farm : )

ken dog

ken dog

Organic nutrients aren't the same as synthetic nutrients... Synthetic nutrients are salt, and are measured by the EC meter.

Salt conducts electricity, and the more salts there are, the higher the electricity is conductive.

Organics are broken down by your micros, and they are converted into the same chemicals as the synthetic nutrients, and then consumed by your plants... but they don't show up as salt, therefore, you cannot measure the electric conductivity.
In other words, organics are broken down into the same nutrients as you are adding when you dose it with synthetic nutrients... except the microbes are doing the work, and making it available to the roots.

FiveAM

FiveAM

Have you ever just used water and got to know a plant first? Seriously, try it with any plant and see how it reacts. Then slowly add some nutes.

It's called weed for a reason.

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

[QUOTE="gardnguyahoy, post: 1511918, member: 68670able to find i you have a grow diary up right now? I feel like ive been watching you learn since i first joined the farm

Edit to add: id like to follow up and see how things are progressing for you[/QUOTE]
Yes iv just updated my grow diary after not being abe to find it for a while lol

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Have you ever just used water and got to know a plant first? Seriously, try it with any plant and see how it reacts. Then slowly add some nutes.

It's called weed for a reason.

Is this directed at me?
I have not. If i get my cali growers license and can have 99 plants id be 100% down to experiment in a ton of different ways. Including a big outdoor sativa garden! : )[/QUOTE]

Top Bottom