I finally got some good herb in Colorado

• Thread starter organicozarks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicozarks

organicozarks

So finally I got something worth talking about. It was grown outdoors, and it was Jillybean. It far surpassed anything else I have had since I have been here. It was actually grown by a dispensary down south. I was happily surprised to say the least. The best part was the price. Free. :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Sorry it's taking so long, but that's because you don't know the locals yet. Good luck finding anything top shelf from an mmc, at least in the 719. "A Cut Above" on Fillmore in the Springs has some pretty good herb.

organicozarks

organicozarks

That's what I thought. Never heard a good thing about Jillybean. Who would have thunk it?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So finally I got something worth talking about. It was grown outdoors, and it was Jillybean. It far surpassed anything else I have had since I have been here. It was actually grown by a dispensary down south. I was happily surprised to say the least. The best part was the price. Free. :)
Hey, I just grew out some Jillybean outside this year. Was the sample you got kinda foxtaily? Mine foxtailed hard on me.

lino

lino

ttystikk, seen these before
2013 11 19 014051

his old seeds were even better...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

His Pandora's Box was the best I ever grew of his stuff. Cat piss pheno. Melizzard had me grow it out and hold it for her for a couple years. She adored that strain. May she rest in peace.
My buddy's sitting on a cut of Chernobyl that is straight up flame.
I'd like to try this Jillybean pheno; the Jilly flavor is excellent.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I like jillybean its a great daytime smoke,i have a few other strains that are in the vault ill get to someday.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Seen a bunch in sur. really big nice aromatic nugs great dense structure with near indoor quality. I dig but prefer a different flavor profile sometimes.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

That's what I thought. Never heard a good thing about Jillybean. Who would have thunk it?
Subcool/TGA

He dumped a whole lotta seeds in all the dispensaries early, and I guess he still going strong. I've had a few keepers out of his stuff, but not good breeding stock. Too unstable, but does make for fun pheno hunting when you pop a seed pack.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Hey, I just grew out some Jillybean outside this year. Was the sample you got kinda foxtaily? Mine foxtailed hard on me.
Lots of Subcools stuff will foxtail hard if the conditions aren't right. One of the drawbacks, they'll also throw impotent nanners...I've never had one seed, but if you're pheno selection is off, could happen. His 'tri-brids' make for some unstable shit, but unique for sure....Until everyone pops that seed pack...Not so unique anymore by name, yet you'll both be gauranteed to be growing fairly different plants.

lino

lino

I have IBL'd subCool pheno and genotypes for upto 9 generations.
I have workded with tiny Bomb nad spacebomb- IBL's 9 generations - separated 3 phenotypes
I have worked with JillyBean 7 generations - separated 3 phenotypes for IBLs, Org Velvet, Romulan, Cindy99
I have worked with Subcool seed from early 2000's. His first generation seed had much less pathogens than the following generations of his seed production. The Flav, Chernobyl, DairyQueen, Pandorabox, Apollo and those still have cleaner embryos than most inbred strains of todays standards
2013 11 19 021523

I think you kids will like his next generation seed lines for tastes and strength
2013 11 19 013749

The nice thing about TGA, Subcools first seed line was lineage and the purity of his embryos. With Subcool seed the luck of the Genotype could get you in the running for the cup, However Separate his gene pools on his original strains for about 4-5 generations until you achieve greater uniformity and stability. Then F1 his original seperated genotypes back together and you'll have the Cup Winner with consistent seeds that produce uniform cannabis champs .

This F1 plant and her seed/babies were retired from competition on her 2nd year sweeping the field in many categories. At this time 14 breeders got together and trade anonymous entries, 2 wks later we vote on anonymous strain, if you accidentally vote for your own strain your vote is not counted.
TinyChamp

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Lots of Subcools stuff will foxtail hard if the conditions aren't right. One of the drawbacks, they'll also throw impotent nanners...I've never had one seed, but if you're pheno selection is off, could happen. His 'tri-brids' make for some unstable shit, but unique for sure....Until everyone pops that seed pack...Not so unique anymore by name, yet you'll both be gauranteed to be growing fairly different plants.
Ya know, I think you're 100% correct on this. I haven't run any of his gear since I ran Conquistador, and it did just that, very unstable line. The Jillybean should have performed better, IMO. But it's only just dry and not yet cured well enough for a trial toke to really tell. Next season I'm going back to running primarily Loran's gear, the testers I was sent and maybe some of the beans I bought. I've got a lot of beans just getting old in my box, though.

Wait... that didn't sound right. :/

souf69

souf69

Organic, maybe instead of getting blazed you just cut the circulation of oxygen off to your brain, therefor you thought it was better then it really was.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

Im in the springs, and I come across Jillybean quite often and am always very satisfied. Great taste and great day smoke. Not a heavy hitter at all, just a nice good tasting herb that puts you in the right place.

lino

lino

Im in the springs, and I come across Jillybean quite often and am always very satisfied. Great taste and great day smoke. Not a heavy hitter at all, just a nice good tasting herb that puts you in the right place.
I like the early 2000 JillyBeans, especially if you separate genotypes and cross it back correctly. The Subcool seed packet of the later Jillybean in my pics above are harder to work with and less stable than the earlier Jillybeans. The later Jillybeans need to be budded quick, in this photo, or you can get lower hermy branches due to more pathogens in the seed embryo's like most of these new inbred strains. Heat and direct over head intense lights will cause the new Jillybean strain to stretch and fluff out buds. try putting plants in Nov in front of sliding glass door or greenhouse, nugs will get more solid, colorful with side autumn lite and cold temps. The original Jillybeans will cover all leafs with resin from the base to the tip of all leaves, incredible resin producer and thats why I use it often in some of my breeding programs, As you see in this Plant pic, the fan leaves of the new Jillybeans dont frost over with resin like the old Jillybean.

DSC01755
DSC01189
Top Bottom