I finally harvested, what do you think of the drying conditions...?

• Thread starter HomegrownOhighO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HomegrownOhighO

On my first harvest I fucked up and got the dreaded hay smell. The smoke itself was not bad for a first time grower. Smooth and enjoyable high but lacking flavor big time. I wanted to get some input for my current harvest. Last time, I chopped and hung it branch by branch after wet trimming. This time, I chopped and hung the entire plant. I did cut some of the bigger fan leaves off the main colas but other than that not much. It's been 24 hrs and I think I'm in a good spot. I know my temp could be better but it's the best I got. I am freezing out the women in my house, lol. My goal is a slow dry of 10-14 days but I don't want to end up with mold either due to too slow of a dry. This plant smells fucking delicious and I want to preserve every last terp. My moisture meter is reading between 26-28%. I am open to any suggestions or recommendations when it comes to drying because it's a completely different animal.

I finally harvested what do you think of the drying conditions
I finally harvested what do you think of the drying conditions 2
I finally harvested what do you think of the drying conditions 3
I finally harvested what do you think of the drying conditions 4
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Yeah for perfect curing after tweekin a bit with numbers i finally settle to this

I keep my dryng room between 62-65 RH for a week and then i start trim in the same room...after a total of 15 days i turn the dehum a bit harder till it reaches 58 RH , let the buds sit in paper bags for a night and then vacuum seal em....
Awesome terp retention even after 3 months from the sealing....

H

HomegrownOhighO

Yeah for perfect curing after tweekin a bit with numbers i finally settle to this

I keep my dryng room between 62-65 RH for a week and then i start trim in the same room...after a total of 15 days i turn the dehum a bit harder till it reaches 58 RH , let the buds sit in paper bags for a night and then vacuum seal em....
Awesome terp retention even after 3 months from the sealing....
My tent has been at a consistent 63-65 degrees and 60-62 rh and the nugs are drying nicely.

N

Natep

Looks good to me. Leave the plant while when you hang it. Keep every water leaf on. Hang for no less than 14 days.

Grower1974

Grower1974

Dry trim if you want the best product. Always dry a littler long than you think. My dry cycles are always 10-14 days on 90% of my product.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
The hay smell comes from the water not the drying process.
Let your water sit 24 hrs before using then you’ll get no more hay smell

H

HomegrownOhighO

The hay smell comes from the water not the drying process.
Let your water sit 24 hrs before using then you’ll get no more hay smell
What does this do? I thought you only did this for tap water to dechlorinate the water. I use fresh spring water from an actual spring I have access to.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
What does this do? I thought you only did this for tap water to dechlorinate the water. I use fresh spring water from an actual spring I have access to.

Well that threw me
I was taught it was due to not gassing of water however as your said your using spring water I had to research to figure myself as I don’t want to give out bad information.

After reading up lo and behold I’m going to hold my hands up and say I was wrong it can be down to drying incorrectly

Live and learn eh
Thanks tbh i wouldn’t off realised the information was bad if you hadn’t said anything 👍

Top Bottom