I gave them first feeding not sure if I did it right they say use 50% of what they call for

• Thread starter TalkToMeNice1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

I filled a gallon with water and added 3ml of each flora series and fed the plant 5ml.
Ph tested around 5.96 after nutrients was added (water alone tested 6.9 by itself) ppm tested 0669-0671

Newty

Newty

What soil are you using?
I think you're using nutrients to early and definitely to much!
I don't need to start using them until a few weeks after I've transplanted into final pot.
I personally transplant at about the size your plants are now.

I use Flora Series, don't follow the feed chart on the bottle or from their website, that will lead to trouble.
I start in Happy Frog soil and when I transplant from solo cups I do 2 parts Ocean Forest to 1 part Happy Frog.

Feed chart I use
Screenshot 20240302 220143 Drive

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

What soil are you using?
I think you're using nutrients to early and definitely to much!
I don't need to start using them until a few weeks after I've transplanted into final pot.
I personally transplant at about the size your plants are now.

I use Flora Series, don't follow the feed chart on the bottle or from their website, that will lead to trouble.
I start in Happy Frog soil and when I transplant from solo cups I do 2 parts Ocean Forest to 1 part Happy Frog.

Feed chart I use
View attachment 2171681
Thank you so much I use fox farm ocean soil currently and was having trouble on how to feed them

Newty

Newty

Thank you so much I use fox farm ocean soil currently and was having trouble on how to feed them
No problem!
Just use that feed chart I posted in my last post. 1 tsp is approximately 5 ml.
I mix gallon jugs because nutes are easier to measure. Always mix micro first
You can always add more if the plants show they need it, better then getting nute lockout.

TalkToMeNice1

TalkToMeNice1

No problem!
Just use that feed chart I posted in my last post. 1 tsp is approximately 5 ml.
I mix gallon jugs because nutes are easier to measure. Always mix micro first
You can always add more if the plants show they need it, better then getting nute lockout.
My plant is currently 4 weeks. Just made 4 weeks today and I didn’t really want to start heavy with the feedings do you think what I gave it is enough.

Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I filled a gallon with water and added 3ml of each flora series and fed the plant 5ml.
Ph tested around 5.96 after nutrients was added (water alone tested 6.9 by itself) ppm tested 0669-0671
View attachment 2171670
You don't need to feed those plants yet, but when you do start around 400 PPM and bring your pH up to 6.8 to avoid developing acidic soil issues.

Newty

Newty

My plant is currently 4 weeks. Just made 4 weeks today and I didn’t really want to start heavy with the feedings do you think what I gave it is enough.
I think what you gave was plenty.
If you go by the chart I posted, 1/2tsp would be approximately 2.5ml and you gave 3ml of each so that's 1/2ml more then the chart I posted.

After I transplant into my final 3 gallon size, I consider that my first day of veg stage and don't feed them nutes until around 4 weeks later.
Each environment and scenario is different.
Just keep an eye on them and adjust as needed.

I mixed up ml a tsp in my head, I thought you fed 3 tsp of each lol I was like holy crap.

I personally never measure ph or ppm or anything.
I filter tap water through Zero Water filter and mix my nutes. Plants never showed me a reason to check anything else.

Top Bottom