I get my new dog(Belgian Malinois Shepherd)!!!

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Just need a name for my new boy who will protect my grow from thieves.😁😁
He'll be partnered with a pit bull and a German Shepherd. Soon to be 3 best friends that couldn't hurt a fly. lol

Any name suggestions?

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Just need a name for my new boy who will protect my grow from thieves.😁😁
He'll be partnered with a pit bull and a German Shepherd. Soon to be 3 best friends that couldn't hurt a fly. lol

Any name suggestions?

I had one dog I called Burp.

Skunk would be a good name ;-).

airedog

airedog

Supporter
The breeder of my second Airedale Terrier warned me to be careful while naming as they have a tendency to grow into their names. Steadfast was the middle of the registered name for most of mine, and they certainly were/are. My latest did not follow the tradition and his name ends with Lionheart, and, once more their comment is proving true. Having said all that, the call name that seemed to resonate most with my friends was Boo.

FWIW, i've been blessed to have found 3/5 Airedales that were capable of being service animals; possibly a fourth if flu ever ends and we can get him tested. Boo has been a favorite of cabin and gate attendants while travelling.

Cheers on the new dog; may they never have cause to fulfill their job description.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

The breeder of my second Airedale Terrier warned me to be careful while naming as they have a tendency to grow into their names. Steadfast was the middle of the registered name for most of mine, and they certainly were/are. My latest did not follow the tradition and his name ends with Lionheart, and, once more their comment is proving true. Having said all that, the call name that seemed to resonate most with my friends was Boo.

FWIW, i've been blessed to have found 3/5 Airedales that were capable of being service animals; possibly a fourth if flu ever ends and we can get him tested. Boo has been a favorite of cabin and gate attendants while travelling.

Cheers on the new dog; may they never have cause to fulfill their job description.

Airedales are smart and trainable. I had a cousin that had them when he had dogs.

I get a different breed every time around and most are mixes. The current group is Teddy and Bear, brother and sister. Mommy was a border collie (50 lbs. tops). Daddy was a Central Asian Shepherd/ Meremma cross (100+ lbs. at a year old). My 2 ended up both close to 70 lbs. and getting siblings has it's challenges. When you learn "the looks" you interrupt BEFORE they are dumbas***

As puppies they climbed over 6 ft. fences, liked to run away (we put trackers on them) but are not aggressive which was a good thing. It seemed to end with porcupine quills, thorns in paws, mad farmer with a rifle ... My story is the white hair stays white because it falls out every night.

The male has a nose that would give a Belgian Malinois Shepherd a run for it's money. He finds year old soup bones under a couple feet of snow when they are a couple years old !!! Garden snake in the yard? Within seconds of the male being let out the snake is getting whipped in the air with a canine tooth right through the center of the body. All that's left is clean up. They aren't very good at catching chipmunks though which keeps them busy for a while.

This is them this spring at about 3 years old and too heavy to go over the fences easily. Life is simpler now.

DSC04571s
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom