I got a few LEDs called GARDEN GENIUS 280w led

• Thread starter Ever after
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ever after

Ever after

I got this led called a dirt genius someone got me a few 280w dirt genius led lights they have these chips of led I Do not know what the LEDs are powered onif they are 1 or 3 or 5 I don't know just know it was from amazon .com and t has 2x 410nm , 30x 630nm ,4x 660nm , 2x 850nm , 14x 6000kelvin, 30x 12k kelvin
Made by dirt genius it's from amazon don't com do you know if this sounds like a good spectrum

619ster

619ster

Missing some key specs but should be made up for with the 12k n 6k Kelvin diodes. Try it out and show what they do! I wouldn't continue using them if they bleach or stunt plants. You should know in a week or two. Flower is another story. I'd only bloom with proven tech personally.

New Memphis

New Memphis

Does this light have a spec titled "Actual draw" or "Actual wattage"? The 280w reference is not a useful specification, as its has little to do with the actual power draw of the light, except that the actual power draw of the light (and light output) will be considerably less than 280W. The "280W" reference means simply "this light contains n LEDs that are rated at nWatts, and the sum of the LEDs multiplied by the rated wattage is approx 280W.
But do they drive the LEDs in LED lights at the rated wattage? NO! Not even the best lights do that, the actual power of the panel is generally 25 to 50% less than the "rated wattage". That's to ensure that the LEDs don't go out prematurely, and the manufacturer has even more headaches. If there is an "Actual draw(W)" spec, plug that into the formula (Actual draw(W) - 8%)*100 to get the approx output of the light in lumens. The rule of thumb for grow rooms is 5K lumens per sq. ft. That gives you some real data to consider regarding your expected light output.

Top Bottom