I got Break-in my grow house

• Thread starter mfed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mfed

mfed

I just got Break-in , and police came(i dont know who called the police , maybe neighbour), they stoped the electric service. And we clean the house and panited everywhere, the checked by police, they told me to call City Building Department and get permition to restart power service, I tried to contact them , but they refused me cause im not the ower.(They will just check the elecric meter after power back cost 70 dollars)

I dont think owner know yet, I decide to let him know the truth because i could get power back before i return the house to him.

Will he sue me about this? any one know about this ?

basscaptain

basscaptain

you may have some problems with them if there not kool.... at this point make sure to make that house better then before....take pic of the place before you hand back the keys... make sure you pay EVEYTHING you own to them... don't leave anything there and don't deal in cash without a recipt form whoever you hand the cash to...... If your in a area where people are sue carzy then yes....... with everything that's going on in the world you may just get lucky..... whatever you do be remember YOU did this........... Not him.....

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I grow hundreds plants...

That doesn't answer if you were bypassing the meter. Only time Ive seen them disconnect it is when that happens. I pay upwards of $2500 power bills a month for this exact reason. Pay whatever it costs to reconnect the electric and have the landlord do it. Less sting if it doesn't cost them out of pocket when they call. Shit sucks but it is what it is.

mfed

mfed

That doesn't answer if you were bypassing the meter. Only time Ive seen them disconnect it is when that happens. I pay upwards of $2500 power bills a month for this exact reason. Pay whatever it costs to reconnect the electric and have the landlord do it. Less sting if it doesn't cost them out of pocket when they call. Shit sucks but it is what it is.
I pay over 3grand bill every month, the only trouble probobly grow made his house value down, i dont know if i will get trouble

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I pay over 3grand bill every month, the only trouble probobly grow made his house value down, i dont know if i will get trouble

Yeah man that's a slippery slope. It could go both ways. Best of luck for ya.

basscaptain

basscaptain

if your paying 3g a month and have 100's of plants in a house
you have changed the inside of this man's house in a lot of way's...... your going to get sued unless you go in there and make it better then new and that means more then just a fast coat of paint..... If it was me and my house wasn't 110% better then new... We would have a BIG Problem ... and I'm not talking you doing the work... I would want a LIc Contactor in there redoing everything......

Your going to have problems........ Sry but you are....

HeLLfiReZ

HeLLfiReZ

They cut the power so the police can dismantle the equipment safely. Been through the ringer a couple times myself. The landlord never came back on me. The second time was a property i owned. They did not shut off the power.

All you can do is clean up, fix any damage professionally, and hope for the best. Talk to the guy be civil, don't get mad even if he does. It's his property and you were risking it.

basscaptain

basscaptain

Hell if he is Kool.. He may just put your azz right back to work in a diff spot....... and just let that place kool off......

visajoe1

visajoe1

oh california you should be fine bro
fuck the pigs
not so quick. depends if this guy had proper licensing, which i'll go out on a limb and say he didnt. zero chance it could be covered under rec laws in CA. possibly medical if he has paperwork showing he's a caregiver for 'X' number of patients that would allow "hundreds" of plants. whatever the actual number is.

aside from that, 100% Felonies. cultivation and intent to distribute for starters, multiplied by the quantity, equals tougher charges. best of luck

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
The landlord is definitely gonna be pissed paint alm you want but the high humidity will cause mold to grow behind drywall any water spills go thru the floor and cause rot.

Sorry bro like was said before try to make the place look better than before you rented it because they start pulling drywall down or replacing floors it could get very expensive for you

Anthem

Anthem

not so quick. depends if this guy had proper licensing, which i'll go out on a limb and say he didnt. zero chance it could be covered under rec laws in CA. possibly medical if he has paperwork showing he's a caregiver for 'X' number of patients that would allow "hundreds" of plants. whatever the actual number is.

aside from that, 100% Felonies. cultivation and intent to distribute for starters, multiplied by the quantity, equals tougher charges. best of luck
That all depends on many factors. I know of 2 guys that got caught doing worse in Cali. Both in the OC so his situation may be worse. One just had to return the space to the way it was permitted. He got stuck installing a heater he did not take down. The other guy got a misdemeanor chart for possession to sell. both in commercial spaces which in theory should be worse.
It really depends on the circumstances, judge and lawyers.

Top Bottom