I got issues..! Seed issues!

• Thread starter igeorge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

igeorge

Hey All, still new need some advice!

Alice Cooper said it best, welcome to my nightmare!

Ok, I guess ultimately I got seeds in my crop. here's a replay of what happened.

I got some clones from a friend, that were mite'd up! Thanks! I grow these clones and take clippings of a few of the different strains, 5 plants under a 600 hps, the bulb should have been changed out with a fresh one! Way over due! So it's really a 400w now! so were talking low light conditions. I notice a few weeks into the grow there are seeds things and these tear drop sacks that look like they will be seeds. Not covered but seeds. There were a few dif strains. and they all got some, some just a couple. So I yank those out of the room and Im left with a couple plants that had some time left. Those seemed to be ok, except for a few of those tear drops with what looks like a single seed inside. Those finish and they weren't too bad as far as seeds. So I clean and put up new plants and in about 5 weeks the same tear drops are back with the pump fake seeds. Maybe not dev yet? I recently added a few more that are 3 weeks behind, they all look fine now, but what can I expect? The plants that seeds up were stressed to death! Nute def. and heat stress! AC blew and the heat got em! I also brought up my nutes to 1500 with a new meter I bought. Uncalibrated. I figured it would be! It wasnt and I had 1000 ppm of food too much. My fault! I was going to go get solution but Grow shop was closed. So I fed'em! I got the enviorment back to par. Plenty of light and ac. Are these new plants gonna crap out too? What should I do? Did I get hermied? pollinated?

Any comments would be great! Like I said the environment is fine now. All the plants got the 1000ppm over dose. I fixed that with in 24 hours, I went and got the solution the next day.

I dont know what to do? Out of the new strains I went with 80/20. 8 of one and 2 of the other. Could the one with 8 be a bad plant? I never seen it grow with out seed. only the first and this time. 2 for 2 The buds look ok except for the occasional teardrop.

Little help.. Hope not too confusing.

Thanks!

I

igeorge

Here's what Im talking about

These are what Im seeing..?
1herm.jpg
2herm.jpg
Thanks for looking

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Were both runs of this srain stressed? Or just the more recent one?? If only the more recent one was stressed than my guess would be genetics. Did you notice any male flowers at all (nanners or full blown balls)? They are obviously there just a question of how visible. It seems to me like its genetics seeing as how with both runs you noticed the seeds in the same week and it seems pretty predictable with when/how it happens. Also how big of an area was this in? The light conditions could be a problem but only if its a big enough area. I run a 400 in one of my smaller 3x3 rooms and it works fine. And if you put new plants in with these herms then you can probably expect some seeds in them as well.

BakedasBeans

BakedasBeans

Also some strains will herm only under stress. I have a mango strain that was fine and I overdosed it pretty good and within a week I had nanners popping up.

devious d

devious d

if youve had hermies the chances are youll get hermies again even with your shit on point, start with some new cuts or seeds you can trust, good luck:)

A

AbusiveOGK

Yeah man unfortunately ya never know if the cuts you received were cut from a stressing mother, or even could be plain out bad genetics. Plus, it sounds like you induced a little bit of stress on them as well. I would start fresh. Grab a new bulb and replace and faulty/non-working equipment in your room. Also, sit in the room in the dark for about 15-20 minutes and let your eyes adjust to the dark. make sure there is ZERO light coming in, or you'll never get rid of your problem. You MUST make sure your room is not leaking light in anywhere, or that any of your equipment is causing it. Tape up the lights on all power strips/dehuey/controllers.

I

igeorge

Thanks for the reply's

Thanks for all the replys!

Are those the nanners coming out of those teardrop pics I posted? I'm still am unclear to what those look like.

So theres a great chance the plants that that I have now in the pics will pollinate the new plants that dont show any signs of herms?

I have to admit the room clean sweep would be the safest bet! How would I go about disinfecting and de-pollinating my room?

Thanks for all the help!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thanks for all the replys!

Are those the nanners coming out of those teardrop pics I posted? I'm still am unclear to what those look like.
No, those are individual fat calyxes, and it looks like the pistils are dying back which should indeed indicate they are with child.
So theres a great chance the plants that that I have now in the pics will pollinate the new plants that dont show any signs of herms?
They look pollinated, you want to find the source (wait... somebody said that...)
I have to admit the room clean sweep would be the safest bet! How would I go about disinfecting and de-pollinating my room?

Thanks for all the help!
Water kills pollen, too easily. Disinfection depends on what you're trying to eradicate. If it's just pollen, then clean it like you would your house, with a wet rag. If it's something else then yeah, bleach or ammonia (either or, never both) and be thorough about it. Or if you have one of those steam cleaners, those things disinfect without chemicals.

W

WolfDawg

Not sure if I am following you completely, but those are caylexes the little hairs that are coming out are nomal, if you have male flowers they release pollen and if pollen lands on those hairs, they will form a seed inside the caylex....but if there is no pollen there will be no seed made inside the caylex.....they are supposed to look that way, it's what makes up most of the bud...big caylexes are normal and good.(unless there is a seed in there)

The pollen will come from male flowers which you need to lookup so you know what to look for..little yellowish "banana" shaped or balls that open up and have male flowers hanging down.

Big caylexes are what we want just so no pollen hits those hairs and form a seed inside, unlees you are doing it on purpose of course.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I really like using physan 20 for disinfecting...

make sure you wipe down your hoods and thoroughly clean your fans if your worried about rogue pollen!

Top Bottom