I Grow w/ L.e.d.'s

• Thread starter Spliffious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Spliffious

:bong-hits: Hope Your ready for this inasanely stonerific thread I had to really get super :passingjoint: for this. and soon realized my passion for Led's and the thought to actually be "green" Growing. Or simply using the least amount of electricity to produce a beautiful medical indoor garden. Also the Pink Hue that is projected by these bulbs will invite increased resin and thc development on the buds and leaves. The specific color spectrum provided by the different lighting:sun2: is a major plus when trying to increase potency.

Make sure your indoor room or closet is light proof. It is very noticeable from outside your blinds at night... :bandit:bandit:bandit

I grow w leds
I grow w leds 2
B

bluejay

Make sure your indoor room or closet is light proof. It is very noticeable from outside your blinds at night... :bandit:bandit:bandit[/QUOTE]

Why? I am a legal grower:D:anim_19:

O

Oregonic

I have played with some leds for side lighting but will not be sold until I see a someone getting 1lb from a 3 x 3 tent.:rauch08:

I agree with the light being pleasant, gives things a nice purple/pink hue.

S

Spliffious

DIY Hydro w/ L.E.D's and 400w HPS

I have played with some leds for side lighting but will not be sold until I see a someone getting 1lb from a 3 x 3 tent.:rauch08:

I agree with the light being pleasant, gives things a nice purple/pink hue.

Those pics were takin in a DIY 3x5 Plastic Tent. :D

I like DIY everything...then realzed its kinda spendy at times, and stopped for now.:wait

Major positive of UFO Model LED, was no heat signature really at all. It is self cooled w/ the three interior fans, which was nice for a change!:rauch08:

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Spliffious, if you truly wanna be a green grower, go outdoors my friend and use compost and whatnot....no electricity used = green!

Ufo(led) = not a lot of bud...

S

SSHZ

Plus there's very little light pentetration down the plants........ the disadvantages far outway the advantages of these LED's.

green bastard

green bastard

not alot of people wanna use those led's yuo might cut your electricity bill down but its not worth what it cuts off the over all yeild!....thats just imo

mace

mace

There's been a few threads invovling growing with LED's, you might wanna check them out. Great for experimental or micro style grows where heat is the main concern. Unfortunately, the PAR rating on the current generation of decently priced LED's isn't where it needs to be for these to overtake HPS bulbs.

I wish you all the best, though; And ill definitely be watching to see how things turn out.

S

Spliffious

L.E.D. Revolution!

Hey Spliffious, if you truly wanna be a green grower, go outdoors my friend and use compost and whatnot....no electricity used = green!

Ufo(led) = not a lot of bud...

After I :volcano:. Ahhhh I'm ready to :fighting0040: the L.E.D. War. lol. And Hell Yes,
I want to be a GREEN THUMB grower, and you're right. Mother nature and the sun are the greenest ways to become a thcfarmer.
I live in WA
and the grow season is 3 months long outdoor. Plus, you'll have to deal with all the rain that can sometimes spoil crops.

UFO by itsef= not alot a buds. :sad0071:
UFO w/ CFL's and flouro;s for vegging.= sorta bigger!:clapping
UFO w/ 400 w HPS for Flower. = hella big buds!:nerd

IMG 1325
IMG 1342
IMG 1344
IMG 1349
B

bluejay

You wanna save on your electric bill then put up a wind turbine and use grid tie inverters...

S

seventhchild

Those pics were takin in a DIY 3x5 Plastic Tent. :D

I like DIY everything...then realzed its kinda spendy at times, and stopped for now.:wait

Major positive of UFO Model LED, was no heat signature really at all. It is self cooled w/ the three interior fans, which was nice for a change!:rauch08:
how old are the plants in your pics?can you post some shots taken with 65k light? looking good my friend and hope your grow exceeds the naysayers predictions :character0111:

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

not alot of people wanna use those led's yuo might cut your electricity bill down but its not worth what it cuts off the over all yeild!....thats just imo

I find LED grows to be a waste of time, why grow with LEDs to save electricity and get low quality bud when you can use a 250watt hps and atleast get a few oz's of quality bud and if you want to cover your expsenses of electricity sell a oz. If i was 15yrs old living at home and did not want my parents to know im growing weed and using electricity then i would grow LED lol:smiley_joint:

S

scoobydoo

Nice looking plants in those shots. I love LEDs. LEDs can produce decent results, any decent light will and LEDs may possibly be the future of lighting, but right now they aren't anywhere near good enough to replace HIDs. If your looking for the best energy saving/low heat light source look into ceramic metal halides, they actually have a nice full spectrum and run cooler. LEDs aren't made with horticulture lighting in mind and until the manufactures of the LEDs (not the products made with them) do so, you'll never see comparable results to a HID. The cost and complexity aren't worth it right now. Anyone who says a LED wont burn out is trying to sell you something, Ive seen dead LEDs in almost all of the units Ive seen, many things fail before their rated time. Computers that used to take up a whole room now your phone can out process, having a computer at that time wasn't worth it, let the technology catch up. With the money you save buying the hid and for what you will get in returns with the HID vs crappy LEDs will more then pay for the actually effective stuff that comes out. You don't want to be one of the people that tests out cobbled together stuff that's produced purely to appeal to consumer interest.

B

bngrips

Well said,Scooby. I love the L.E.D. experiment, Spliff. It sounds like for now though if you want to maximize yield, HID is the way to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom