I guess my first FIM attempt was a success?!

• Thread starter Nectarivorous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Day 44 from seed today. About a week ago or so ish I realised this big girl was gonna need to let her sisters catch up a bit and her remaining top shoot (after I snapped one 😭) might as well get a second top. I decided to try a FIM. Had heard they can sometimes not work but I worked off ten percent remainder. Photos showing the new two shoots, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get two more from the cut? Thoughts invited.

Again how gd good is the iPhone 12 camera?? Also - please tell me that's just natural stem hair and not a mildew, and are those baby trichomes on the new top growth? Please go easy on a noob when you explain what those actually are haha. She looks happy though. Cheers all! Peace and blaze.

I guess my first fim attempt was a success
I guess my first fim attempt was a success 2
I guess my first fim attempt was a success 3
I guess my first fim attempt was a success 4
I guess my first fim attempt was a success 5
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I am not the most experienced guy around and not with fim either. But I think that stump looks like a potential mold site

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I imagine every cut is a potential mould site. Environment is crucial in any case. I tend to leave a fair bit behind when I take off fans so that any infected area has to travel all the way along to get to stems and trunks. Can't do that with a FIM tho ☺️

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am not the most experienced guy around and not with fim either. But I think that stump looks like a potential mold site
I'm a topping nut, I can't help myself if I see a top that hasn't been chopped I get out my scissors. I like leaving a large stump, it helps prevent splitting the stalk as it grows. I've never had an issue with infections or mold at my cut marks.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Sweet, thanks for filling me in guys :) i would like to share with you my first fim attempt as well. I noticed thw inner growth boosted. 2-3 days since cut i think

20210828 190245
20210828 190239
Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Sweet, thanks for filling me in guys :) i would like to share with you my first fim attempt as well. I noticed thw inner growth boosted. 2-3 days since cut i think
Nice man! Yeah it's my first grow so all new for me. Topped my girls about 2 weeks ago. They went exactly like this then just went mental. I've used LST to train down the shoots and try get a bowl shape, like if I was pruning roses. You can see how all those secondary shoots are just filling in the gaps. You'll have basically daily training work in not too long 😉

5B8D0BB6 922D 407A A49A 57D0CABB17AE
FB4F1D04 09C6 4B38 BE14 4CA8C1A89C15
D8E67B65 8CCB 4495 A68B 4452E8A544BB

Latest posts

Top Bottom