I had toooo...

• Thread starter mMmTHC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mMmTHC

Trim my fan leaves.. I cut some tips off then waited a week then took the whole leaf off.. I have 5 auto's and 1 plant is in the middle getting little light due to it was a slow girl growing.. How bad did i hurt them taking the fan leaves off? I also did take some fan leaves with out trimming them trying to get light in.. Planted 1/12..:ridinghorse:

R

revolutionseeds

Premium Member
Supporter
I pull a few leaves off/plant starting 2-3 weeks into flower. Every time I water, I will pull more and more leaves until week 5-6. You don't want to pull a lot of leaves off each plant (it can stress the plant out), just a few every few days. The big fan leaves block light to lower bud sites, so gradually remove fan leaves blocking light.

M

mMmTHC

yeah i took a lil more off then i wanted to today..I will wait till the weekend to pull more let it get un stressed i guess... Guess we shall see what happens.. Thanks bro

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Remember that the leaves are food factories for bud production. Pulling too many can affect your yield and/or potency. Conversely, some growers insist that damaged leaves can also affect your yield when left on the plant by drawing nutrients that could be better used elsewhere. My policy is to pull fan leaves when they get 30% or more damaged. I do "clean up" the bottoms of my plants when I flip 'em; that's a good time to use the lower branches to take clones. That's only because I'm top lighting. In a vertical setup with proper spacing between plants, I would not pull one healthy leaf. I find that most of the time, your plants will self-prune any leaves not getting enough light to contribute to the overall plant vigor. Good luck on your grow, mMm, it's early enough your girls should recover decently if you over-pruned. Peace

M

mMmTHC

Thanks bro.. Im not touching them anymore I think im going to prune them once more then leave them alone.. Them things grow sooooo quick.. Im happy with what I got right now..

D

dr.tree

I echo altitudes take on fan leaves. They are food factories. My bottom buds don't amount to much anyway.

Top Bottom