• Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Upload 2018 10 31 13 5 28

brian77

brian77

I hate trimming. Please share your dislike here on like the tenth load and have only pulled like 70% of the colas. Haven’t hardly touched anything else. Rots killing me and the shits early but damn it still looks nice

View attachment 832391
I trimmed like a mad man. Lst too. Didn't top. Plant went so well until I had light leaks. Back in re veg now.....have to wait weeks now. First grow

20181031 152112
20181031 152139
20181031 152930
Madmax

Madmax

Yeah i watched that vid..im a little sceptic that it damages the trics..one thing it will never do is get the fan leave branch from inside the bud.ive always had to use skinny scissors to get to it..ive always been the less you handle it the better..

Keen also to see how you go with iti dont grow that much to but if it saves time ,fingers neck and arm id give it a go..

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yeah i watched that vid..im a little sceptic that it damages the trics..one thing it will never do is get the fan leave branch from inside the bud.ive always had to use skinny scissors to get to it..ive always been the less you handle it the better..

Keen also to see how you go with iti dont grow that much to but if it saves time ,fingers neck and arm id give it a go..
I mentioned using a bowl trimmer above (about $110 for a 19" model). I would not use it on my colas, but it does save a ton of work, time, and my arthritic fingers. Recently I took down 3 outdoor plants for hash and rosin making this winter (flash frozen). Without the trimmer, it would have taken a couple of long days per plant (I am no youngster)..This thing reduced the entire job to less than 5 hrs per plant..including a 3 bucket bud wash. Yes..it did mess with the trichomes, but the bud is still superior imo ( I go pretty slowly and stop often to look). So much so that I cured a cola normally after dry and it was much more potent and aromatic than a clone of the same plant grown indoors (and hand trimmed by me).
I wouldn't have wanted to trim these by hand..LMAO
10 1 18 1
9 27 18 1   Copy
10 1 18

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

I trimmed like a mad man. Lst too. Didn't top. Plant went so well until I had light leaks. Back in re veg now.....have to wait weeks now. First grow

Why do you post this same picture and statement In everyone else’s thread? Bro once is a mistake twice is annoying third time i don’t understand

brian77

brian77

Why do you post this same picture and statement In everyone else’s thread? Bro once is a mistake twice is annoying third time i don’t understand
Sorry. Didn't mean too. Newe to this. Not great at tech. I'll leave.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I mentioned using a bowl trimmer above (about $110 for a 19" model). I would not use it on my colas, but it does save a ton of work, time, and my arthritic fingers. Recently I took down 3 outdoor plants for hash and rosin making this winter (flash frozen). Without the trimmer, it would have taken a couple of long days per plant (I am no youngster)..This thing reduced the entire job to less than 5 hrs per plant..including a 3 bucket bud wash. Yes..it did mess with the trichomes, but the bud is still superior imo ( I go pretty slowly and stop often to look). So much so that I cured a cola normally after dry and it was much more potent and aromatic than a clone of the same plant grown indoors (and hand trimmed by me).
I wouldn't have wanted to trim these by hand..LMAO
View attachment 838841 View attachment 838842 View attachment 838843

I don't know, man. I use same bowl trimmer and have it pretty well dialed. Only 8 or 9 turns then I tighten them up with a hand trim. You've just got to develope a feel for it and keep the bowl emptied. I can tell they're where I want when I feel the tension on the blade ease up. Not trying to pick on you, so please don't take offense, but no wonder your losing so many trichs spinning it almost 20 turns. It really does work best if only used as an intermediary to take off the big stuff before hand trimming. I don't know if yours came with one, but if you want to lose almost no trichs, switch to the serrated blade and trim 100% wet. Right off the plant. I haven't done it yet but I intend to use it to make live rosin eventually. Supposedly the yields are really great.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

No offense taken..I don't always do 20 turns, but those outdoor plants were very leafy and after checking a few times..it seemed best (for them). I agree..It's all about feel and sight as well. Mine also came with the serrated blade (dry trim I thought). I have yet to use it, and have a few spare blades in storage. When I remove the current blade for cleaning, I will give the other serrated one a try. It looks like it will really chew up things though..

G gnome

G gnome

That trim bag is a piece of shit. Useta be a guy on here who had one. He even posted a vid of using it. My shit looks better that his did b4 i trimmed it!!! Haha

Im tellin u guys ya gotta look into a trimpal. I e had mine for about 3 or 4 years. I e only cleaned it once. I e ran hundreds of pounds tbru it. I have a review on here if u type trimpal into tbe search bar

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
That trim bag is a piece of shit. Useta be a guy on here who had one. He even posted a vid of using it. My shit looks better that his did b4 i trimmed it!!! Haha

Im tellin u guys ya gotta look into a trimpal. I e had mine for about 3 or 4 years. I e only cleaned it once. I e ran hundreds of pounds tbru it. I have a review on here if u type trimpal into tbe search bar
You tellin me I just threw away $300?
Fuck!! The old lady wasn’t keen on me spending $2300 (trim pal was what I wanted). Sos I will try and fail, then I will get the trim pal for Christmas. It’s all in the timing, I thought this through very carefully. And I’ll flip the trim bag for half price. Was hoping it will get me through the 15 pounds of OD i got sitting in the garage. But I will give it a test for The Farm!!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

That's ok if you want to plunk down $3500, but I needed something to do much smaller quantities. (like 10lbs of manicured bud for me and mine only)..That seemed to lie somewhere between a smaller hand trimmed harvest and the one I recently completed.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

You tellin me I just threw away $300?
Fuck!! The old lady wasn’t keen on me spending $2300 (trim pal was what I wanted). Sos I will try and fail, then I will get the trim pal for Christmas. It’s all in the timing, I thought this through very carefully. And I’ll flip the trim bag for half price. Was hoping it will get me through the 15 pounds of OD i got sitting in the garage. But I will give it a test for The Farm!!
I bet you could ebay it and get more than 1/2 price..I wish I had a buck for every bad decision I made..besides, if you haven't tried it yet, it may be good for what you want. If not..keep it new and sell for maybe 75%+ of your cost on Ebay.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
That's ok if you want to plunk down $3500, but I needed something to do much smaller quantities. (like 10lbs of manicured bud for me and mine only)..That seemed to lie somewhere between a smaller hand trimmed harvest and the one I recently completed.
You can get the trim pal 2 for around $2500.

Top Bottom