I HATE Trimming!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I am brand new at this..and I absolutely LOVE to grow.

But trimming and manicuring was only fun for a few hours...

Crap!

:(

Just had to vent....Now I gotta get back to work :worried

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
lmao - I find it very zen - I usually hire some of the peeps I mentor to help - we talk shit - smoke fat - eat good and put stupid movies on in the background

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
do ya think this thing is any good?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks Motherload...I thought my wife gonna help and she did for a couple hours....

If I was stoned it probably wouldn't be so bad... Gotta test on tues. But most of the work will be done by then...(I think)

Being stoned makes every thing better. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
And...

It wouldn't be so bad if I just had huge buds....But being a rookie..I got a chit load of popcorn :(

And frigging leafy buds

S

Shady Acres

pruning your plants better will help drastically reduce the popcorn/larf (strain dependent). good luck man, that sh*t sucks.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
not sure about those hand crank trimmers - I just really prefer hand trimmed

anyway less posting and more chopping ken!

lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
pruning your plants better will help drastically reduce the popcorn/larf (strain dependent). good luck man, that sh*t sucks.

Thanks Shady.. :)...Im learning (the hard way)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
hey i can ban you till tuesday if you think you would get more work done - lmao

hiboy

hiboy

Toss the popcorn stuff unless u need it, or at least save it for the final cuts so you can abort if you need to stop (for sanity). Best to deal with the top quality in the beginnig.
h

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
yeah bro save the popcorns for last - i just bundle them all together until they are dry and strip that shit by hand - its going in my hash pile anyhow

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Toss the popcorn stuff unless u need it, or at least save it for the final cuts so you can abort if you need to stop (for sanity). Best to deal with the top quality in the beginnig.
h

yeah bro save the popcorns for last - i just bundle them all together until they are dry and strip that shit by hand - its going in my hash pile anyhow

Now you guys tell me...:evilgrin0040:

Thats ok though Im almost done (two more plants to go)

The popcorn will make good butter for my wife. (she doesn't smoke)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
do ya think this thing is any good?
Not hatin' on the people who like these things, but I hate them and what they do to the buds. My take on it is like this--you've gone to the trouble to get good genetics and grow them to the best of your ability. Why on earth would you then proceed to beat the living shit out of them?

Yes, we've been down this road before (vis a vis et alia, or something like that) but that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it.

You need to get a couple pairs of ARS scissors, Ken. They'll come close to changing your life.

Shit! I forgot that MY trimmer lady is supposed to come over today and I've gotta pick up a friend at the train station in Stockton. DAMN IT! Better make some phone calls.

B

blueecho

I own a spin pro and would not suggest buying one. I've used it a few times and find it extremely difficult to get good flavor and smell. It works great if you have a bunch of smaller buds/bottoms, then you can mix it in...

H

hydrotran

yea spin pro isnt good at all and its expensive. After awhile your arms just get tired from spinning the thing and you got to spin it forever. Even after when its done it comes out really bad with the leaves hanging out of the buds. Just do it by hand and like everyone else says the popcorns leave for last and mix it in with the rest of your trim and make something out of it.

W

waylon

i have the trimpro rotor and it works well, but you need tight and dense buds and it works best when the buds are wet. i like it because it has a blade which is adjustable and you dont have to turn it off to take the trimmed buds out, you just open the door and they fall out and you throw in more. it makes quick work of popcorn buds and will save them from the hashpile. a bit pricey but worth it if you have a good size harvest and time is money.

Top Bottom