I have 100% pure Colombian landrace sativa.

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Got real Colombian seeds. Not the hybrids from seed companies. Now I need to figure how to grow/ breed them. They are high thcv, all female and possible hermies according to my source who grew them outside at 6° N lat. No way to grow outside in Oklahoma unless I build a heated greenhouse.
Any suggestions?

R

redshift75

Got real Colombian seeds. Not the hybrids from seed companies. Now I need to figure how to grow/ breed them. They are high thcv, all female and possible hermies according to my source who grew them outside at 6° N lat. No way to grow outside in Oklahoma unless I build a heated greenhouse.
Any suggestions?
suggestions for the height or how to grow breed them? you dont have to goto max you can control the veg and such. breed it first as reg. i would pollinate in a closed tent with several females purely to get the most. Would be something like

Sprout seeds, veg out about 8 weeks, first sign i can take clones. Would take clones. Would then put those in my 12/12 and figure out who and what is what. From there i would look to see if anything is undesirable. But for purposes of propagation and retention. i would leave all traits for first breed. Purely for the purpose of propagation. females go slightly longer. Would take one last set of clones from females. Would flip my males, doing the females about 2-3 weeks behind the males. all on one tent. Thats about it.

Now how would i grow a tall sativa inside. Mostly LST and scrog. Can do trellis and tip pots. if you want to really try to see how big you can get indoors. But honestly is no need if you are going for propagation. Even then for indoors you have to grow to the limits of your indoors. So if you are setting up a grow. best advice i can give is either design it for what your desired outcome is or work within what you are able to get. Tents provide plenty of space and shortened time makes for quick turn around. Where you can still go through them all and see characteristics to breed them. But most that would start after your first time getting a bunch of beans.

Im no expert just an amateur hobbyist. Just sharing insight into a rough run through how i would do it. Based on how im currently doing it. :) So i may have missed some information or browsed over critical points of each step that require more indepth research based on your methods and abilities.

growsince79

growsince79

suggestions for the height or how to grow breed them? you dont have to goto max you can control the veg and such. breed it first as reg. i would pollinate in a closed tent with several females purely to get the most. Would be something like

Sprout seeds, veg out about 8 weeks, first sign i can take clones. Would take clones. Would then put those in my 12/12 and figure out who and what is what. From there i would look to see if anything is undesirable. But for purposes of propagation and retention. i would leave all traits for first breed. Purely for the purpose of propagation. females go slightly longer. Would take one last set of clones from females. Would flip my males, doing the females about 2-3 weeks behind the males. all on one tent. Thats about it.

Now how would i grow a tall sativa inside. Mostly LST and scrog. Can do trellis and tip pots. if you want to really try to see how big you can get indoors. But honestly is no need if you are going for propagation. Even then for indoors you have to grow to the limits of your indoors. So if you are setting up a grow. best advice i can give is either design it for what your desired outcome is or work within what you are able to get. Tents provide plenty of space and shortened time makes for quick turn around. Where you can still go through them all and see characteristics to breed them. But most that would start after your first time getting a bunch of beans.

Im no expert just an amateur hobbyist. Just sharing insight into a rough run through how i would do it. Based on how im currently doing it. :) So i may have missed some information or browsed over critical points of each step that require more indepth research based on your methods and abilities.
I was hoping for a male to breed my indica. But unfortunately there most likely all fem. Switching to 12-12 doesn't work untill they are 4-5 months old. They naturally grow almost 12-12 from seed.
That and I only have a 2x4 space. I think I'll have to just keep making clones and throwing the mothers away until they flower. IDK my closet is full now so I have time to figure it out or build a greenhouse.

growsince79

growsince79

Trying to geminate now. 4 days and nothing popped yet. Could it be that airport x-ray killed em?

growsince79

growsince79

Any suggestions?
Grown 12-12 from seed.

IMG 20201206 090034098
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Trying to geminate now. 4 days and nothing popped yet. Could it be that airport x-ray killed em?

cant be the X-ray. I’ve never had trouble and I’ve flown tons of seeds home with me. I even had some in my pocket that went through a backscatter machine that germed but I dunno if there’s any radiation emitted from those things.

growsince79

growsince79

cant be the X-ray. I’ve never had trouble and I’ve flown tons of seeds home with me. I even had some in my pocket that went through a backscatter machine that germed but I dunno if there’s any radiation emitted from those things.
I might try peroxide and sand paper

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I might try peroxide and sand paper

that sounds worth a try. I remember the seeds I brought back from panama and Costa Rica were really tough shells.

I ended up soaking them a full 24 hours and then into papertowel for another two days and got a positive germination rate

wishing you luck brother and following along!

growsince79

growsince79

that sounds worth a try. I remember the seeds I brought back from panama and Costa Rica were really tough shells.

I ended up soaking them a full 24 hours and then into papertowel for another two days and got a positive germination rate

wishing you luck brother and following along!
I should have done that to begin. I just went straight to paper towels. I still have more if these don't work.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I should have done that to begin. I just went straight to paper towels. I still have more if these don't work.

maybe this will offer a bit of hope; I’ve had seeds pop in paper towel germ two weeks later after I forgot about them.

🤞🏽 For you bro

Top Bottom