I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright? What could be the problem?

• Thread starter PiffFarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PiffFarms

Need some help! I’m growing 3 plants, modified grapes, cheetah piss and banana cream x jealously. All clones bought at a respected dispensary in Nor Cal 4/22. The modified grapes is the only one in good shape. The CP and BCxJ are both yellowing and the BCxJ leaves have started to grow in very thin, yellow and curing inward. Both plants have stunted growth and any new growth is small and bunching up. Both plants are still in veg.

I’m using California super soil and fox farms on top. I have not added any nutrients up until I started noticing the issue around 5/28 and then added an organic growth shot. The two plants did not get better after the shot so on 6/8 I used some 5-1-1 fish plant fertilizer as a foliage spray and watered with it on 6/9. The CP is looking slightly better but still growing slow and not very green. The BCxJ is looking worse with the yellow thin new growth leaves still growing in but slowly. Weird thing is I’ve gave the same water, soil, light and conditions to all 3 plants and the MG is the only one that looks healthy.

I use mountain spring water from the headwaters in Mt Shasta, CA. The PH is around 6.8 and is fairly soft (water stats online). I’m wondering if I have an iron/zinc deficiency since the fish fertilizer didn’t make much of a difference and is heavy in nitrogen. One reason I think this is the light green tops shown in the video before the entire plant went light green?

No big bug problem, only a few fungus gnats that I treated with DE and flying skull nuke ‘em on 5/20 5/23 & 5/26 on all 3 plants.

Photos are of current late stage problem. Video from 5/30 shows what they looked like before it got bad. BCxJ top left, CP front center for reference.

What am I missing here? Thanks!

I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 2
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 3
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 4
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 5
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 6
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 7
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 8
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 9
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 10
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 11
I have 2 problem plants and one doing alright what could be the problem 12
Last edited:
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

What is your water/ feed schedule with these plants and how high above your plants is your light? I suspect from these large flower pots this is a chronic over watering/ feeding issue from the plants tips doing a chicken claw and maybe now roots can't uptake the nuts properly, and maybe to much light also....but, I will wait for more info 🧐

Last edited:
Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Welcome to the Farm! 🤠

I'm seeing a few different issues here - As said above can you provide as much info as you can about your watering and feeding schedule and techniques? Are you making sure to entirely soak the medium, each watering/feeding, until there's at least 5 to 10% runoff? Also, what's the PPM of the water you're using? PPM with nutes added? Runoff pH?

You may have root zone issues with the struggling plants, or those particular strains may want some extra nutrients. We'll help ya get this sorted out just try to provide as much info as you can, and here are some charts to help you out, as well - https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/t...r-making-nutrient-deficiency-diagnoses.60485/

Am I seeing a drip line?

P

PiffFarms

What is your water/ feed schedule with these plants and how high above your plants is your light? I suspect from these large flower pots this is a chronic over watering/ feeding issue from the plants tips doing a chicken claw and maybe now roots can't uptake the nuts properly, and maybe to much light also....but, I will wait for more info 🧐
5 gallon pots. Been in these pot since I brought the clones home 4/22. I was using a drip irrigation system on all 3 up until about a week ago. 16oz every other day for each plant. No nutrients. I have since cut back on the watering and feeling the pot weights before watering again. The healthy plant is drinking like crazy still watering every other day. The CP is the smallest plant out of the 3 and is always the heaviest, I now water it every 3-4 days. The BCxJ doing the worst is often lighter than the smaller CP plant so I have been water it about every other day with 16oz

Lights are about 20” from the tops

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
5 gallon pots. Been in these pot since I brought the clones home 4/22. I was using a drip irrigation system on all 3 up until about a week ago. 16oz every other day for each plant. No nutrients. I have since cut back on the watering and feeling the pot weights before watering again. The healthy plant is drinking like crazy still watering every other day. The CP is the smallest plant out of the 3 and is always the heaviest, I now water it every 3-4 days. The BCxJ doing the worst is often lighter than the smaller CP plant so I have been water it about every other day with 16oz

Ok yeah you're going to want to let them dry out pretty well before you water again and next time you're probably going to end up giving them each 3 gallons of water/food per plant at least. You're probably getting root issues from using the drip line and 16 oz is not nearly enough for 5 gallon pots. So start there, let them dry out a little better, they'll feel really light but the plants can take it, just keep a close eye on them.

When you go to water or feed them again, do it slowly and evenly across the entire surface of the pot, and keep doing it until you start to see about 10% of what you just poured in, run-out below. You may want to think about a tray or something to catch the runoff, and if you can, test the pH of the runoff water as well.

Reactions: TSD
P

PiffFarms

Ok yeah you're going to want to let them dry out pretty well before you water again and next time you're probably going to end up giving them each 3 gallons of water/food per plant at least. You're probably getting root issues from using the drip line and 16 oz is not nearly enough for 5 gallon pots. So start there, let them dry out a little better, they'll feel really light but the plants can take it, just keep a close eye on them.

When you go to water or feed them again, do it slowly and evenly across the entire surface of the pot, and keep doing it until you start to see about 10% of what you just poured in, run-out below. You may want to think about a tray or something to catch the runoff, and if you can, test the pH of the runoff water as well.
Thank you for the suggestion! I will try this and report back the results!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Well, you answered your own questions 👍...and to make it easier to help them recover I would also suggest you raise your lights until they recover 😉

Alb

Alb

Need some help! I’m growing 3 plants, modified grapes, cheetah piss and banana cream x jealously. All clones bought at a respected dispensary in Nor Cal 4/22. The modified grapes is the only one in good shape. The CP and BCxJ are both yellowing and the BCxJ leaves have started to grow in very thin, yellow and curing inward. Both plants have stunted growth and any new growth is small and bunching up. Both plants are still in veg.

I’m using California super soil and fox farms on top. I have not added any nutrients up until I started noticing the issue around 5/28 and then added an organic growth shot. The two plants did not get better after the shot so on 6/8 I used some 5-1-1 fish plant fertilizer as a foliage spray and watered with it on 6/9. The CP is looking slightly better but still growing slow and not very green. The BCxJ is looking worse with the yellow thin new growth leaves still growing in but slowly. Weird thing is I’ve gave the same water, soil, light and conditions to all 3 plants and the MG is the only one that looks healthy.

I use mountain spring water from the headwaters in Mt Shasta, CA. The PH is around 6.8 and is fairly soft (water stats online). I’m wondering if I have an iron/zinc deficiency since the fish fertilizer didn’t make much of a difference and is heavy in nitrogen. One reason I think this is the light green tops shown in the video before the entire plant went light green?

No big bug problem, only a few fungus gnats that I treated with DE and flying skull nuke ‘em on 5/20 5/23 & 5/26 on all 3 plants.

Photos are of current late stage problem. Video from 5/30 shows what they looked like before it got bad. BCxJ top left, CP front center for reference.

TSD

TSD

Flush flush flush...
I wouldn't flush just yet, he's in organic soil and that can do more harm than good. I think it's probably a watering issue and they look hungry gry as well. Sounds like too little water, but too often.

SmokinJo421

SmokinJo421

It looks like your soils not too gr8, the yellow plant is nitrogen deficient.
Are you using water w chlorine in it?

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

The first thing I see is it looks like you are adding a bunch of stuff to your soil. If the soil you started with has nutrients in it then I suspect you have added entirely too much crap. I didn't know "Living Soil" came in a bottle..?? My guess is you needed to add nothing until these plants were a couple weeks into bloom.
And what is the Nuke'um for? It almost looks like you did Nuke'um. Personally, I would trash the two that look yellow and start some new ones and just water for the growth stage, maybe just a touch of grow ferts if they were to start looking pale again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are you using the municipal supply ir getting it straight from the spring?

A

Alphanator

I say it's your PH. I have the Morbloom from Alaska as well. That stuff drops my water PH from 7.5 to 3.2 with only 2 tespoons per gallon. Watch out for it!

Top Bottom