I HAVE 2000W HPS FOR 4x8 WILL + 1000W HPS DOUBLE HARVEST?

• Thread starter KushMaster707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMaster707

I was wondering if i added another 1000w hps to make a total of 3000w to my 4x8 grow space would it significantly increase the yeild and quality?

B

boxmunch9

yes, how significantly you wont know until you run it. i think its a great idea

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

2 x 1000 is more then enough.

Step 1

Increase Pot Size

Step 2

Read up on topping your plants

Step 3

Increase veg time.

This will increase your harvest way better then simple light increase. :damnhippie:

I have 2k watts per 4x8 and produce a average of 3/4 -1lb per plant Dry weight. :character0110:

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
It should def increase yield, but you'd only be adding 50% more light, so you won't double your yield with that increase.

B

blood

No, I would not bother adding another 1k watt. Your yields will not improve that much. What is your style of grow? Are you using CO2?

M

Muddy Paws

2000 watts for a 5x8 room is plenty.

anything else is a bit of waste IMO

B

boxmunch9

i dont think its a waste, extra light is hardly ever a waste. the 100bucks a month it cost to run the light will be more than made up for with 1oz harvest time, if you get an ounce or more you win, and the rest of your buds will look even better due to the light crossover

S

Sway

i tend to disagree... another light means that much more heat... if ur getting over 75 watts per foot thats more then enuff... anything over 100 per sgft is a waste. if anything look at getting some side lighting like t5's but 3k over a 4x8 is going overboard.

i agree, i think the 2k is perfect. add another 1k lamp and i think u will bleach ur buds from the lumens, and the added heat will just make it that much more strain on ur cooling systems. u can increase ur yield by training the plants, growing bigger plants, or adding co2, but i dont think another lamp in a 4x8 area is ur best answer. quality over quantity is my motto

B

boxmunch9

just ask doubled's what he thinks on extra light and the effect on yeilds, you will not bleach your plants unless they are too close and as for the heat in your room, dont do it if you cant keep your temps proper

K

KushMaster707

Thanks boxmunch im not sure if im going to do it yet though. i was thinkining of spreading the 1000w lamps a bit further apart and jus put in a 600w hps in the center so the entire bed gets really even lighting.

Blood: i am running a fully organic setup, no co2, 25,000 btu ac & 4k-5.2k hps lamps in a sealed room.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Thanks boxmunch im not sure if im going to do it yet though. i was thinkining of spreading the 1000w lamps a bit further apart and jus put in a 600w hps in the center so the entire bed gets really even lighting.

Blood: i am running a fully organic setup, no co2, 25,000 btu ac & 4k-5.2k hps lamps in a sealed room.

excellent idea KushMaster, only thing I would suggest is to add a 600 MH instead of the 600 HPS. Broader spectrum of light makes a big difference in taste and smell for the finished product IMHO.

jj

D

darookie2000

excellent idea KushMaster, only thing I would suggest is to add a 600 MH instead of the 600 HPS. Broader spectrum of light makes a big difference in taste and smell for the finished product IMHO.

jj

I haven't found a 600 MH that's not a conversion bulb, they exist?

purpleberry

purpleberry

If money is no object, Id get 2 dual bulb air cooled hoods and run a 1000w hps and a 600w mh each side. You could shut down one are the other if it gets to hot are need to save power.

M

magflo

with that much light i would go vertical. I found a site that has alot of info on vertical growing.

B

brookstown

How can you run a sealed room with no co2?

Just a question.

R

Rolln J

How can you run a sealed room with no co2?

Just a question.

lol I was wondering the same thing and there is nothing un-organic (is that a word?) about running co2 - if you want to increase your yield Id seriously look into that instead of more light.

L

l33t

A 2k setup over 5x8 is 50 watts/sqft

I find that if you go a lot over 100watts/sqft it can be way too much light but I can def say from experience that 100w/sqft will give great results and definitely better results than 50w/sqft. A good compromise is 70-80w/sqft for most strains but I usually like to use 100w/sqft for the best yields and fastness in maturation.

a 3rd 1k light added in the 5x8 space would give 75w/sqft so definitely will help with yields if you can keep the temps down.

Top Bottom