I have a bazillion Leaf hoppers!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:mad: there are tiny leafhoppers all over outside...when I watered this evening they were flying off my plants. Tons of them.....:eek:

No visable damage..but they just showed up today....I may spray neem this evening(right now)

And ..Im about to buy some permethrin ....

any ideas? or products you recommend?

Edit...I found some Safer insect soap...says kills leafhoopers ..gonna go spray it now..

derelict

derelict

permethrim will work but it's a contact insecticide, so unless you can literally cover your plants with it, undersides of the leaves included, it won't eradicate them. neem is the same.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
permethrim will work but it's a contact insecticide, so unless you can literally cover your plants with it, undersides of the leaves included, it won't eradicate them. neem is the same.
yeah the safer soap is probably the same...I sprayed underneath the smaller potted plants just now..
But not so mush, under the ones in beds...o_O

Reactions: mal
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ive only used it for a few applications so far and all my fliers are gone. well not gone ..now they just fuck with me on the couch.. maybe i need a shower in bennies.
Yeah them little bastards are getting in the house at nite and biting my wife

southstreets

southstreets

Monterey bug spray bro... I had the same prob last yr.. It's from not having enough green vegetation around ur plants.. They'll gravitate towards the most green in an area..

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
I gotta 2nd the wise comment above, I'm mixing some foliar as we speak. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Monterey bug spray bro... I had the same prob last yr.. It's from not having enough green vegetation around ur plants.. They'll gravitate towards the most green in an area..
I gotta 2nd the wise comment above, I'm mixing some foliar as we speak. I hope everything is going well for you and yours

mal

Spinosad?
The one with a Caterpillar on the label? .
I use that for bud worms..so I do have some of that on hand.

southstreets

southstreets

No Monterey bro google it.. It's pretty cheap and works really good for hoppers..

southstreets

southstreets

monterey is spinosad southstreets

I'm referring to it being a safer product bro.. It's got a yellow and white label with a caterpillar crawling on veggies and flowers and shit.. Sounds like u might already have it... Thanks for teaching me something new DWD... (laughs)

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

A safer product then what?

Monterey is spinosin a + b I think. Check your label

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thats gross..Better get rid of them,ASAP.Heres what I got from a quick search.. http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Control-Leafhoppers-on-Outdoor-Plants&id=2222891 .
Great read Joe thanks...
From what I have gathered....lots of stuff will kill them...So im gonna use it all...

I haven't had to spray my vegging plants, because I had a ton of ladybugs in my garden..most of those seemed to have moved on..or eaten by birds?..I didnt want to kill the ladybugs or their larvas..

I used this last nite. and again this morning.
Safersoap

I will do the Monteray Spinosad on everything tonite :)

the hoppers dont seem to do much damage..but I know they are sucking on the plants

They dont seem to like the Flowering plants so much...so that's good

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

ken- that monterey shit is fantastic as a foliar.

considering i'm growing indoor but still have windows open to the elements, i saw a few signs of thrips a few weeks ago.

i was using natural dish soap + pure neem oil in some water as a foliar and it cleared em pretty good. I finally got lazy and just blasted em with the monterey and THEY B GON'

ps all my shits in veg

K

kolah

Chickens!

Snakes!

AND...Hire 18 year old chickies too, dress em up in bikinis and have em' pick grasshoppers. Just sit, puff and enjoy the show!

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

ken- that monterey shit is fantastic as a foliar.

considering i'm growing indoor but still have windows open to the elements, i saw a few signs of thrips a few weeks ago.

i was using natural dish soap + pure neem oil in some water as a foliar and it cleared em pretty good. I finally got lazy and just blasted em with the monterey and THEY B GON'

ps all my shits in veg
For now....I can almost garuntee they'll be back in 6 months. Monterey gets em good for sure but I have not seen 100% eradication.... Note this may be due to forgetting to do multiple applications.

Top Bottom