I Have A Big Ph Problem.

• Thread starter Two.Bears
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I have a ph problem. And need a little help.

Yesterday i got my ph oftye two waters i have access to

First the local well going into the aquafer reads 8.3

At a nearby store they have A "Glacier" water filtration unit. That reads 7.3.

I already bought the liquid ph test kit to double check my meter.

I have anithee ph meter that. Tests the ph of tge soil. And that is between 7-7.5.

I know i can lower the ph of the water by using these three and probably more options

Ph down
White distilled vinegar
Lemon juice.

My question. Is which would you use abd how much to use to bring 8.3 down to 6.5?

sixstring

sixstring

ph down and just a few drops per gallon to bring it down to decent levels.if you are growing in normal organic soil i would not drop it much. 6.5-6.7 is plenty safe

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil

I have anithee ph meter that. Tests the ph of tge soil. And that is between 7-7.5.

I know i can lower the ph of the water by using these three and probably more options

Ph down
White distilled vinegar
Lemon juice.

My question. Is which would you use abd how much to use to bring 8.3 down to 6.5?
Ph down is your best bet but either of the others will work until you get ph down. You been growing all this time without Phing your water?

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Ph down is your best bet but either of the others will work until you get ph down. You been growing all this time without Phing your water?
No. Witg getting moved settled in, and getting my coco, nutrients. Im just getting a late start abd trying to get a crop in this year.

I came witg enough shatter to last me till next years crop if necessary.

I didnt get my ph meter until yesterday so i wasnt aware of this problem until yesterday afternoon.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ph down
White distilled vinegar
Lemon juice.

that is a really big swing,,to much down will have you going opsite direction after to much,those machines ive used for years,,fact here friend,,i had a blue lab,,the so called best,and was a piece of shit,,but if your sure it not the pen,,down the ph with something you already use in feed form,,i was using blue plant acid,,terrible experience,but i took a small amount of my feed and in single cups to find which dropped my ph,another question for you,is are you using silica? that shit will bring ph way up,,and if your a believer in it,add it first check your reading and adjust your feed acordinally ,my tap in city was loaded with clorimine and i had no choice but to use machine,,those machines should read out a neutral 7.0,and in soil thats ok,did you by chance check your runoff?there is a ton of difrent directions to go here and not enough imformation

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

that is a really big swing,,to much down will have you going opsite direction after to much,those machines ive used for years,,fact here friend,,i had a blue lab,,the so called best,and was a piece of shit,,but if your sure it not the pen,,down the ph with something you already use in feed form,,i was using blue plant acid,,terrible experience,but i took a small amount of my feed and in single cups to find which dropped my ph,another question for you,is are you using silica? that shit will bring ph way up,,and if your a believer in it,add it first check your reading and adjust your feed acordinally ,my tap in city was loaded with clorimine and i had no choice but to use machine,,those machines should read out a neutral 7.0,and in soil thats ok,did you by chance check your runoff?there is a ton of difrent directions to go here and not enough imformation
No i didnt check the run off. I'll do that this evening.

No i'm not doing sillica. Just Coco and maybe 10% perlite with General Hydroponics Nutes. Later when tye babies get transplanted.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Im nit sure if it us tgw pen. Thats why i am getting tge test liquid for a second opinion.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Im using coco because i live 23 miles from a small town. My choice us Miracle grow or miracle grow. Or sandy desert soil with almost no life in it after eons of triple digit full sun.
feel ya there,,best and cleanest soil come out the back end of a cow though,mixed with some lava rock,,already cooked ,fitered and all the nutrients ,just a bit harder to grow in because it turns to brick if you dont control it right,or if there a river near by hello river bank,,got some good soil around them banks full of goodies in that stuff,lmao but sure feel were you coming from,honestly bro you can grow in miracle grow soil,i have,was hard as hell but i have,trick is dont give that bitch nothing to plant tells you it needs it,,and then start low and work your way up on feed rates

Latest posts

Top Bottom