I have a couple questions about cloning.

• Thread starter Pilted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pilted

Pilted

So I made a cloning machine it's very basic, Folgers coffee ground container with an air stone and a air bubbler. Cut holes in lid and put clone plugs in the holes.

Question 1; I want the clone stems in the water or just above the water?

Question 2; I have the full Fox farm line up, big bloom, big grow, tiger bloom, micro, kangaroos, bembe, should I add any of this into the water or just use PH'ed water?

Question 3 how long should roots take to drvelop

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

So I made a cloning machine it's very basic, Folgers coffee ground container with an air stone and a air bubbler. Cut holes in lid and put clone plugs in the holes.

Question 1; I want the clone stems in the water or just above the water?

Question 2; I have the full Fox farm line up, big bloom, big grow, tiger bloom, micro, kangaroos, bembe, should I add any of this into the water or just use PH'ed water?

Question 3 how long should roots take to drvelop
Have the plugs just above, so it mists the bottom phed water is fine

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Stem 1 inch above the water line. 7-10 days for healthy roots.

Pilted

Pilted

Don’t add any nutrients to the way, don’t really need to.
Thank you sir, I have a jack herer vegging until my flower gets done, it will be vegging for 2-3 more months and I just don't think I can keep it small enough, figure I should get this cloning figured out so I can keep this strain for a while, if I am successful with the cloning I will probably just replace the current plant in veg with a clone as the current plant is already to big and no matter how much I cut off it just keeps growing faster. Lmao dumb plant growing fast how dare it. 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Thank you sir, I have a jack herer vegging until my flower gets done, it will be vegging for 2-3 more months and I just don't think I can keep it small enough, figure I should get this cloning figured out so I can keep this strain for a while, if I am successful with the cloning I will probably just replace the current plant in veg with a clone as the current plant is already to big and no matter how much I cut off it just keeps growing faster. Lmao dumb plant growing fast how dare it. 😂🤣😂🤣😂
I absolutely love that strain, it’s super easy to grow. The plants and stalks get massive. Been there buddy! My herer plants exploded out of the tent……

IMG 2443
IMG 2307
IMG 2305
IMG 2303
Pilted

Pilted

I absolutely love that strain, it’s super easy to grow. The plants and stalks get massive. Been there buddy! My herer plants exploded out of the tent……
Yeah it's my favorite strain to smoke, first few grows I just used bag seeds as I knew I had a lot to learn, but now I have a few grows under my belt it's time to start growing what I prefer to smoke.

The plan is to veg the jack herer in one tent until second tent gets done flowering, then take clones and move plant to flower tent, veg the clones until first plant is done flowering then repeat. I started this one to early so kinda need to figure out the cloning, do you see the long veg time being an issue? I'm trying this route but not sure it will work like I hope.

I didn't get a replay on this soon enough so already have clones in, but I have them in the water and I added 5 mil of big grow to the water. Totally opposite to what you suggested, I'm give them a week or two like this and if it doesn't work I will try again as you suggested.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Long veg times are no big deal as long as your environment is stable. I’ve vegged some plants for quite a while before flipping a few for 4 months. Your space is larger than my flowering room is, I really shouldn’t have vegged it that long tho, once it did it’s final stretch in flower is was ridiculous lol.

Pilted

Pilted

Long veg times are no big deal as long as your environment is stable. I’ve vegged some plants for quite a while before flipping a few for 4 months. Your space is larger than my flowering room is, I really shouldn’t have vegged it that long tho, once it did it’s final stretch in flower is was ridiculous lol.
Yeah I already have toped it multiple times took the clones from branches already topped, so topping the already topped plants at the node lower then the first top. So the clones have main stem and then two branches growing off main stem. I'm guess my next step is super cropping the lower branches close to the main stem, trying to keep it under two feet tall so it has ample space to stretch. But I think what I will do on this one is just replace it with a couple clones and then go plant this one by the lake and check back on it in the fall.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Yeah I already have toped it multiple times took the clones from branches already topped, so topping the already topped plants at the node lower then the first top. So the clones have main stem and then two branches growing off main stem. I'm guess my next step is super cropping the lower branches close to the main stem, trying to keep it under two feet tall so it has ample space to stretch. But I think what I will do on this one is just replace it with a couple clones and then go plant this one by the lake and check back on it in the fall.
Was gonna say! Keeping it at 2 ft is Mr Miyagi skills!

Pilted

Pilted

Was gonna say! Keeping it at 2 ft is Mr Miyagi skills!
It's just under two feet tall now, I am slowly reducing the size and if I start super cropping and selective branch keeping I think I can keep it under two feet for 3 months. Lmao maybe not idk, let's hope the clones get roots were I can just replace it.
IMG 20230612 115526107
IMG 20230612 115537834 HDR

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
Hang tight, I’m going through my “archives” I’ll have a photo for you in a moment.

Top Bottom