I have a electrical problem in a grow room, plus other room has no electricity?ReadOn

• Thread starter SmokeMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeMan

We have a electrical problem in a gro room, plus other room has no electricity?ReadOn

This guy I know has a house . In 1 of the 10x10 rooms he is growing with 2 1k hps lights with a 750 cfm fan cooling the lights and exhausting the air thru the a hole into the attic.

Now today he was in the grow room and accidently moved one of the timers that was plugged into the wall with his leg and when he did that it made this crackling sound like when electricity is starting to spark. So then 2 seconds later the whole grow room went out. No lights , nothing.

So he goes outside and checks the breaker but none of the switches were flipped , none of them looked different? So he said fuck it and flipped the whole house breaker and reset everything.

Well when he went in back into the grow room now only 1 wall connection was working. the other 3 were not. In fact the one that triggered the lightout was not working, when he plugged anything in it again it would immeditly spark. Scary shit!

So only 1 connection works , the other 2 in the room have no electricity at all. 4 total plugs but only 1 good 1. Dammm what does he do now... He wanted to add another light soon like i did before. He use to run 2800 watts in there.

So now he goes to the back room where its a bedroom. There is NO electricity at all!! None. He flipped the breaker switch and everything. Nothing. Tried everything .

So what does he do? Who does he call? Is it safe to call a electrician? He is not in a legal state as of now .

N

norcalgreens

most likely a loose wire inside the plug. pull out the plug and examine it for loose wires or a short, this should fix the other outltets as well. think of a bike chain. if one link is broke the chain is no good. if thats not the problem, switch every breaker seperatly one might be flipped, just not looking like it.... good luck brutha and be safe

T

TopShelf

I agree with norcal! probably a hot wire touching the box housing! make sure to shut the breakers before you open the sucker up! you should see burnt marks where it was arcing

S

SmokeMan

most likely a loose wire inside the plug. pull out the plug and examine it for loose wires or a short, this should fix the other outltets as well. think of a bike chain. if one link is broke the chain is no good. if thats not the problem, switch every breaker seperatly one might be flipped, just not looking like it.... good luck brutha and be safe

So if I find a burnt wire or a short, what do I do? Do I clip the burnt part off and reattach it..? I think we could do it but its something I am not use to.

S

SmokeMan

i had a similar issue where there was no power to a whole half of my house my buddy is a electricain and he came over to check it out and told me i had lost a phase of power to my crib he fixed it but this sounds just like what had happened

What ended up happening? Im too worried to call a electrician , can I do it myself?

T

TopShelf

No need to cut anything unless you got alot coiled up in there. really just look where the wires may be touching and make sure it doesnt touch anymore. mayb a screw holding the stripped end came lose. Re-loop it around the screw and tighten in down

S

SmokeMan

No need to cut anything unless you got alot coiled up in there. really just look where the wires may be touching and make sure it doesnt touch anymore. mayb a screw holding the stripped end came lose. Re-loop it around the screw and tighten in down

Oh ok I understand now. I will have a look in the morning and see if thats the problem. But from the sound of it I think you nailed it on the head. I will repost tomorrow and let yall know what happens. I hope this fixes it..

TTYT

P,S, I appreciate the fast responses. Thanks a million

matamus

matamus

Safety first

shut down that breaker before starting work on it dont forget that

S

SmokeMan

Ok so today we turned off the breaker and took off the sockets that were causing the sparks. Turns out 2 of the 4 different wall jacks had shorts and were sparking and burning the wire and jack. Well I went and bought 2 new ones and replaced them. Now I got electricity in them but now I still have a problem. The other 2 jacks have no electricity and As explained earlier ONLY one of the bedrooms next to the grow room has no electricity at all even still...
We have reset the breaker and done everything we can think of to get the rooms electricity . But nothing works???

What do I do?

Do I hide all the plants and make the growroom look normal and call a electrician????

Someone please help me us with some good advice to get out of this situation... :doh

lollipopman

lollipopman

when you pull the outlet is there one white and black or 2 white and 2 black?

handyman1

handyman1

Seems that both rooms are on one circuit, you could still have a bad outlet and
not see any damage on the surface, change the next outlet in line make sure too
wire it same as old outlet.

S

SmokeMan

Honeslty bro I dont understand much of what they are saying there?

lollipopman

lollipopman

think of Christmas lights when one goes out the rest goes..in the wall you have your power coming from the breaker to the outlet then the other line leaves the outlet goes to the next outlet so on and on... do you have a volt meter?

S

SmokeMan

think of Christmas lights when one goes out the rest goes..in the wall you have your power coming from the breaker to the outlet then the other line leaves the outlet goes to the next outlet so on and on... do you have a volt meter?

No bro not at all..

H

heater

What do I do?

Do I hide all the plants and make the growroom look normal and call a electrician????

Someone please help me us with some good advice to get out of this situation... :doh

Your in over your knowledge and electrical isn't the place to make mistakes, clean and get some professional help'
In the future run a dedicated circuit for your room. Don't risk burning the house down. Good luck and be safe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom