I have a few GG4s that have yellow leafs

• Thread starter ic0dex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ic0dex

ic0dex

Hi y’all. I have a few GG4s that have yellow leafs. I’m currently in end of week 2 and currently feeding about 1000ppm and my co2 is set to 900-1100ppm

I don’t have any bugs and been good on feeding them. The yellow leafs only seam to be at the bottom and mid section. Any suggestions

I have a few gg4s that have yellow leafs
I have a few gg4s that have yellow leafs 2
I have a few gg4s that have yellow leafs 3
I have a few gg4s that have yellow leafs 4
ethcan

ethcan

Have you checked your runoff? I bet the runoff PPM's are much higher than 1000PPM.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Much clawing in these photos. Even in new growth. Nutrient toxicity seems evident. Perhaps heat induced?

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Have you checked your runoff? I bet the runoff PPM's are much higher than 1000PPM.
If the run off is higher than 1000ppm, then why does the top leaf not turn yellow? I don't think the problem has much to do with ppm, but the fact is that the pH is not correct.
"The yellow leaves only seam to be at the bottom and mid section" is the main reason for nitrogen deficiency due to ph is not correct.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
ph is the most common malady, indeed. Habitual bad ph practices eventually create a certain inertia in soil, because it stores nutrients and their salts only too well. Coco flushes pretty easily and corrects within days. This is why many eventually take the coco train.

ic0dex

ic0dex

ph is the most common malady, indeed. Habitual bad ph practices eventually create a certain inertia in soil, because it stores nutrients and their salts only too well. Coco flushes pretty easily and corrects within days. This is why many eventually take the coco train.
Interesting. I have about 4 plants like that. I have been having an issue with my ppm. I fill up 60g then start with the power si, cal-Mag then the other nutrients. I typically settle on 6.0 so I stay between the 5.8-6.3ph as recommended by emerald harvest. I’ve had the ppm show a night number half way into watering. And typically it’s those plants that are yellow. Some how the ppm goes up by the time I get to the last flowers.

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
Soil ( meaning anything not coco or rockwool ) is actually harder than it looks. It has baggage that isn't apparent until you look closely. Unless you make your own, knowing its been actually sterilized is just the beginning. Provenance is a thing if you want consistency. When you have consistency - you can stop fussing with that variable. Containerized soil will always run out of gas at a unfortunate time and you need to be well versed in cannabis whispering at that point or indeed, it will go sideways to at least some degree.
Really good soil work is harder than the experienced make it seem, I think. Even traditional gardeners have to use both hands, to find their solutions. Indoor work is not something that translates all that well for many that think they grasp the needful based on outdoor experience. Soil mixes have a capacity to store salts and aren't very helpful if you wanna flush them out. And when they start lacking, its going to be some odd element that should be addressed individually, but is impractical with most nutrient formulations that folks use - so it ALWAYS gets overdone in some way.

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Interesting. I have about 4 plants like that. I have been having an issue with my ppm. I fill up 60g then start with the power si, cal-Mag then the other nutrients. I typically settle on 6.0 so I stay between the 5.8-6.3ph as recommended by emerald harvest. I’ve had the ppm show a night number half way into watering. And typically it’s those plants that are yellow. Some how the ppm goes up by the time I get to the last flowers.
haha , i am using emerald harvest 2 part, in my last run

Top Bottom