I have a few questions

• Thread starter Newbgrower1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Hey guys so I have a grow journal going if you guys need any extra info. Iā€™ll try to post a link to it if I can figure it out lol. Just a quick rundown.

Iā€™m growing in ff hf soil just germinated 6 seeds last Monday 1 auto in a 5ga. And 5 photos in solo cups.

Iā€™m using sf1000 was about 40ā€ just moved the cups to 48ā€

Heat: 80f
Humidity: 72%

Pre watered cups on Tuesday with filtered water before dropping seeds. Havnt added any since.

the strain Iā€™m having an issue with is Humboldts London pound cake x wedding tree. It was the first to germinate and pop through the soil. Was looking the best till Saturday. I went away for the night and came home Sunday afternoon to no new growth and yellow leaves. Everything else looks like itā€™s stretching so idk if itā€™s the light or what. I havnt added anything yet so it shouldnā€™t be over fed. If anyone has any opinions or suggestions Iā€™d love to hear them.
I have a few questions
I have a few questions 2
my next question is how do I stunt them without stressing them. Iā€™m planning on topping twice and scrog net will be used if I canā€™t keep ā€˜em low. But I heard you can keep ā€˜em low with the light. Maybe Iā€™m just making shit up lol but if anyone knows what Iā€™m talking about andcan shed some light Iā€™d appreciate it. Tia
I have a few questions 3
I have a few questions 4

I have a few questions 5
I have a few questions 6
I have a few questions 7
I have a few questions 8
Bilber

Bilber

Hey Newb....looks good so far.....the one seedling, being in soil, I'm not too sure....I'd let her ride and pop another seed or 2 or 3.....ha....but some plants are more finicky than others.....i like to have a couple extra plants laying around just in case there happens to be a finicky plant......I don't like to baby my plants.....bitch be gone is my style.....

Training will keep them low.....the light being closer keeps the plant from stretching.....depending on the light, I would be careful of lowering the height or raising the intensity.....

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I went away for the night and came home Sunday afternoon to no new growth and yellow leaves. Everything else looks like itā€™s stretching so idk if itā€™s the light or what. I havnt added anything yet so it shouldnā€™t be over fed. If anyone has any opinions or suggestions Iā€™d love to hear them.
I'm thinking the chlorosis might be caused by lack of nitrogen, but I'm not sure what could be causing it but suspect the soil is too wet. I see you have a clear cup inside the red one. What does the soil look like? Is it wet?

PooToe

PooToe

Sometimes sprouts can be finicky. I agree the media looks a little too wet. Let them dry back some and they should bounce back.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I'm thinking the chlorosis might be caused by lack of nitrogen, but I'm not sure what could be causing it but suspect the soil is too wet. I see you have a clear cup inside the red one. What does the soil look like? Is it wet?
Yea it probably is a little wet. I havnt added water in a week. But I keep my room high in humidity so it could be taking a little longer to dry back than Iā€™m used to. I put them on a heat pad yesterday so weā€™ll see if that helps. Thanks for the reply.

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Sometimes sprouts can be finicky. I agree the media looks a little too wet. Let them dry back some and they should bounce back.
Thanks I keep telling myself to wait a few days and see but I get scared lol put it on a heat mat hopefully it helps thanks for the reply

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Hey Newb....looks good so far.....the one seedling, being in soil, I'm not too sure....I'd let her ride and pop another seed or 2 or 3.....ha....but some plants are more finicky than others.....i like to have a couple extra plants laying around just in case there happens to be a finicky plant......I don't like to baby my plants.....bitch be gone is my style.....

Training will keep them low.....the light being closer keeps the plant from stretching.....depending on the light, I would be careful of lowering the height or raising the intensity.....
Thanks bilber. I may have to drop another bean.lol I have an sf1000 at like 48ā€ because of that yellowing one but i might just bring the others up to the light and keep that one low. 48ā€ seems high to me. And I wish I could bring myself to just let the runts go but I baby them more than I should. I havnt lost one yet lol šŸ¤ž

ChuckFinnl3y

ChuckFinnl3y

Yea it probably is a little wet. I havnt added water in a week. But I keep my room high in humidity so it could be taking a little longer to dry back than Iā€™m used to. I put them on a heat pad yesterday so weā€™ll see if that helps. Thanks for the reply.
If you have holes in your Clear Cup you could put them outside the Redcup while light is off and point a fan at the holes, ive used Pc Fans for that in order to not effect the seedling itself. Just dont forget to put them back into the Recups before light turns back on.

figolus

figolus

šŸ˜ using spray for watering Ur soil, Ur little plant don't need many water in this moment.

the data provided by the manufacturers is not correct. when they say to place the lights at 30 or 40 cm (led) or you dim, personally my height is 50cm and I adjust according to how the plant behaves.

B

Budtirement

I wanted to chime in just to mention lighting.
The PPFD map for your SF1000 shows a sq foot area of PPFD 380 at 24". You mention that you've moved your light to 48", but you don't mention if you have a parmeter of any kind to test what that gives your plants. I would imagine it's pretty weak light for the little ladies.
Anyway, I gave the Master Kush seedlings shown below 300-350 PPFD to start. That's about 60% at 20 inches with my SF2000, which is a bit stronger than your SF1000. They didn't get leggy. Instead they stayed short and stout. The first set of real leaves got big and fat and the leaves that followed did the same. As the weeks went by the structure of the plant stayed low and it put out a pretty incredible amount of leaf area for photosynthesis.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow this method but I will say I don't understand the standard advice of low light that results in tall, leggy, slow starting seedlings.
Best of luck Newbgrower with your grow!

11 8 Master Kush
11 15 Master Kush
11 22 Master Kush
12 13 Master Kush
Bilber

Bilber

Hey Newb.....yup....I hate tossing plants also.....I'm not doing this grow shit for anything or anyone, other than the people under this roof....with that being said....the runts are great.....sometimes the terps are better....yeah, the yield suffers I'm sure, but yeah, I'll stick them in the corner and try to remember them.....

Remember, every seed you pop will have different needs.....this kid doesn't play that game either.....I won't give a plant a separate feed because it needs it.....I just don't see the point of limping a plant to harvest, when there are 20 other plants willing to take the spot.........?

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

I wanted to chime in just to mention lighting.
The PPFD map for your SF1000 shows a sq foot area of PPFD 380 at 24". You mention that you've moved your light to 48", but you don't mention if you have a parmeter of any kind to test what that gives your plants. I would imagine it's pretty weak light for the little ladies.
Anyway, I gave the Master Kush seedlings shown below 300-350 PPFD to start. That's about 60% at 20 inches with my SF2000, which is a bit stronger than your SF1000. They didn't get leggy. Instead they stayed short and stout. The first set of real leaves got big and fat and the leaves that followed did the same. As the weeks went by the structure of the plant stayed low and it put out a pretty incredible amount of leaf area for photosynthesis.

I'm not trying to convince anyone to follow this method but I will say I don't understand the standard advice of low light that results in tall, leggy, slow starting seedlings.
Best of luck Newbgrower with your grow!
Very nice plants thatā€™s what I wanted to do keep ā€˜em short till Iā€™m able to harden them for outside. Maybe next run lol I know I shouldā€™ve been able to be a lot closer I just moved it so high cuz one of them was getting yellow and I had no idea why. I gave it couple days and it seems to be looking better so Iā€™m going to try to drop the light a cpl inches a day till I get to 18ā€. Iā€™m at about 24ā€ now so hopefully by the end of the weekend Iā€™ll have a better idea of where they want it. I do have a lux reader but Iā€™m still not 100% sure how to convert to ppfd i have a conversion from ppfd to dli but not sure on lux to ppfd. Thanks for the info

Newbgrower1

Newbgrower1

Hey Newb.....yup....I hate tossing plants also.....I'm not doing this grow shit for anything or anyone, other than the people under this roof....with that being said....the runts are great.....sometimes the terps are better....yeah, the yield suffers I'm sure, but yeah, I'll stick them in the corner and try to remember them.....

Remember, every seed you pop will have different needs.....this kid doesn't play that game either.....I won't give a plant a separate feed because it needs it.....I just don't see the point of limping a plant to harvest, when there are 20 other plants willing to take the spot.........?
Very true I knew it was going to be difficult with 6 different strains but Iā€™m confident I can make it happen. Luckily only 3 will be in the tent in a few weeks. They are only 5-6 days old so if they donā€™t look better by start of veg Iā€™ll be starting a cpl more šŸ«˜.

Latest posts

Top Bottom