I have a few questions...

• Thread starter newtothis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newtothis

Hello everyone, I'm new to this, site as well as growing.

Im working on my second grow and I'm learning alot but I have a few questions that could help me alot in my grow if I had them answered by some of you pro growers.

first off I'm doing a dirt grow and I think my vegetative plants are lacking in nutes as they are yellowing on their lower leaves. I recently bought a ppm meter and so before I water my plants I add nutes and balance my ph, however I'm wondering if I'm not giving them enough ppm nutes, I saw a chart giving very exact ppm numbers of how much ppm to give the plants at each stage of their development. So I'm wonder is this just for hydro? what about for dirt? should I use the same ppm numbers and add the same amount of nutes to my water before i give it to my plants as the ppm meter should read when one does hydro.

To sum up how often should i give them nutes and how many ppm should my water read before i give it to the plants.

second I'm also starting to formiliarize myself with hydro, I just set up a 4 bucket dwc system with a water pump inside one bucket with irrigation tubing leading to the rockwool cubes of each bucket so my second question is how long should i run my water pump to the rockwool to establish the roots into the water. I don't want to get any root rot so I'm planning on hooking the water pump to a timer and watering occasionally, so i just need to know how often at what intervals, and for how long should I set the timer to water the roots of my hydro girls.

I hope i did a good job asking these questions and I hope yall can help get me the answers i need, thanks for your help.

sky high

sky high

Everybody has to start somewhere. Glad to see you giving it a go.

The feed schedules you see are >usually< for hydro....however, you can also use them for soil by altering the frequency of application. >Many< growers use a feed/water/water/feed kinda schedule.....only adding the nutes every third watering. Another way to do it is to cut the dosage into 1/3.....and water with 1/3rd strength nute solution every watering. (easier for me, 'cus I'm a stoner, natch)

However, just as you are seeing yellowing...what you give em should reflect what you are seeing. Yellowing may mean you need to bump it up...yellow/burned tips means ya need to back off.

For the hydro...... one of the main causes of root rot is heat. Gotta keep your water at 68F or below or the nasties can get a hold.

pics always help folks see what you have goin on if you wanna get more in depth...

good luck

s h

Latest posts

Top Bottom