I have a question about PPM? Please help

• Thread starter CFC7143
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CFC7143

CFC7143

So I’m on my fourth grow and my plant is doing great and literally about as heathy looking as I could Imagine but I’ve never really messed around with ppm I always make sure the water is pH properly but for the first time yesterday I checked my ppm after watering the plant and found out my PPM is only reading 300. I was curious I’ve read a lot and I understand for the most part how to raise my ppm by slowly adding more nutrients into my next few feedings but is it normal for a plant to have an incredibly low ppm but still be a healthy growing plant?also I am on week 5 of flower
I have a question about ppm  please help
I have a question about ppm  please help 2

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That is a low ppm that can not have enough nutrients to grow the plant like that. Is there nutrients in the potting soil? Also you may feed so light that not much comes out with the runoff.

worse case scenario is salts attract salts so ots just building up and not letting any out with the water. But the plant does not look that way at all.

Im not helping. :-(

CFC7143

CFC7143

That is a low ppm that can not have enough nutrients to grow the plant like that. Is there nutrients in the potting soil? Also you may feed so light that not much comes out with the runoff.

worse case scenario is salts attract salts so ots just building up and not letting any out with the water. But the plant does not look that way at all.

Im not helping. :-(
Yea I’m using roots organic lush soil that has nutes in it already and I also mixed in some worm castings and each watering I add in a super small amount of cal mag but I’ve always used fox farm trio in the past but haven’t on this grow so I was thinking about starting to slowly add some of the trio in every other watering, I’m just curious if it’s normal to see a slight decrease in growth on week 5?

CFC7143

CFC7143

also I have some red coloring in the stems? I know that can be a sign of the temp being low or plant stress but I don’t think that’s the case he my temps stay constant at around 75 to 80 is it possible this strain just has this color naturally?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Organic and soil i would ditch the ppm meter and just go by the plants and ph.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yea I’m using roots organic lush soil that has nutes in it already and I also mixed in some worm castings and each watering I add in a super small amount of cal mag but I’ve always used fox farm trio in the past but haven’t on this grow so I was thinking about starting to slowly add some of the trio in every other watering, I’m just curious if it’s normal to see a slight decrease in growth on week 5?

she looks good. When you see a little yellowing or fading on the lower leaves Or white tips down there or even hust a general loss of color and shine then start feeding. Start low like 15% of directions and go up gradually.

CFC7143

CFC7143

she looks good. When you see a little yellowing or fading on the lower leaves Or white tips down there or even hust a general loss of color and shine then start feeding. Start low like 15% of directions and go up gradually.
That’s what I figured but like I said I’m having all of these people tell me that the PPM absolutely must be 800 or higher but clearly there is more to it because my ppm is like 295 and my plant seems perfectly fine other then the growing has seemed to slow down a tiny bit

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

That’s what I figured but like I said I’m having all of these people tell me that the PPM absolutely must be 800 or higher but clearly there is more to it because my ppm is like 295 and my plant seems perfectly fine other then the growing has seemed to slow down a tiny bit

oh. The ppm in organic amendments doesnt always show right on a meter. Only the minerals and metals do. The 300 ppm could be mostly calcium, mag and trace elements. You have to go by your eyes.

also for feed i rarely go up to 800ppm (1.6ec). 1.0-1.5ec average feed strength.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is it normal with some strains to be showing this purple in the stem during week 5 of veg?

i cant see in the pic but some strains have purple striping. Some of the best plants do. I look for that and double serrated leaf edges. Seem to follow potent plants. Imo.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Do you have an example of “double serrated leaf edges”?

I googled “double serrated leaf edges” and this was the first result.

CFC7143

CFC7143

I googled “double serrated leaf edges” and this was the first result.

Like this? There is definitely some of this on my plant here is a picture
4B35BE54 3E7D 4A56 9239 BADA76E7ED19

Top Bottom