I have a storage cupboard with brick walls. Is it with growing in and how do I have the carbon filter if I can’t drill hole in the wall 2x3ish

• Thread starter Scattermeseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Scattermeseed

Scattermeseed

Hello internet. This is my second grow but this time I have a storage cupboard i just am worried where to attach the carbon filter and is this possible it’s roughly 2x3 foot bit I’ll post actual size if anyone asks. Basically ideally I’d be able to lock the door and no one knows I’m growing in there even my girlfriend when she comes round would be ideal any ideas for a newbie even if they sound obvious I’m a bit green to this been smoking for donkeys years. Had enough of the street weed is useless a lot of the time now. Also I’ll be growing super lemon autos if anyone wondered maybe 1 or 2 or 3

I have a storage cupboard with brick walls is it with growing in and how do i have the carbon
I have a storage cupboard with brick walls is it with growing in and how do i have the carbon
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Hello internet. This is my second grow but this time I have a storage cupboard i just am worried where to attach the carbon filter and is this possible it’s roughly 2x3 foot bit I’ll post actual size if anyone asks. Basically ideally I’d be able to lock the door and no one knows I’m growing in there even my girlfriend when she comes round would be ideal any ideas for a newbie even if they sound obvious I’m a bit green to this been smoking for donkeys years. Had enough of the street weed is useless a lot of the time now. Also I’ll be growing super lemon autos if anyone wondered maybe 1 or 2 or 3
If you make the top and bottom two separate rooms when the door is closed

you can have ventilation through the wooden plate the carbon should eliminate all the smell

if your inline sucks out enough air of that room it might pull fresh air in through the side cracks on the door

Just consider that room the closet is placed in as your lung room if thats how you choose to do it

And that space is a nice little place to have a few plants i see that you easily could fit 3 autos

Photoperiods is easier though cuz you can control how much there going to fill the space

Goodluck😄🤟

Scattermeseed

Scattermeseed

you can have ventilation through the wooden plate the carbon should eliminate all the smell

if your inline sucks out enough air of that room it might pull fresh air in through the side cracks on the door

Just consider that room the closet is placed in as your lung room if thats how you choose to do it

And that space is a nice little place to have a few plants i see that you easily could fit 3 autos

Photoperiods is easier though cuz you can control how much there going to fill the space

Goodluck😄🤟

Goodluck😄🤟

Goodluck😄🤟
hey green fingers thanks man for reaching out.. I’m trying to understand what you mean bro…

You say keep the middle wooden big shelf thing? What’s its purpose? Am I putting plants on the ground and on the shelf and running 2 lights

Where does one attach this carbon filter… I have to have good stealth I don’t really want my visitors seeing..

Simplicity and stealth so one doesn’t bugger it up..

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions I don’t know where to start I hope you or someone else can chip in their 2 cents.. maybe tomorrow 🪴 ✌️

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

hey green fingers thanks man for reaching out.. I’m trying to understand what you mean bro…

You say keep the middle wooden big shelf thing? What’s its purpose? Am I putting plants on the ground and on the shelf and running 2 lights

Where does one attach this carbon filter… I have to have good stealth I don’t really want my visitors seeing..

Simplicity and stealth so one doesn’t bugger it up..

Maybe I am asking the wrong questions I don’t know where to start I hope you or someone else can chip in their 2 cents.. maybe tomorrow 🪴 ✌️
If you keep the wood🤪🪵
You can make a hole in it same diamater as your inline fan place it into the hole and make it suck air out of your closet into your carbon filter

This way it will suck the heat out as you
May know heat rises
pretty good setup you could make in there

I can’t guarantee a 100% it wont smell a little in full bloom
But if that fan pulls enough air through out i doubt there is going to be much of a scent

You can still hang your lights from the wooden shelf just attach some hangers or whatever you like

Hope you understand 😄🤟

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Is that an exterior wall? If so would recommend some board insulation

Scattermeseed

Scattermeseed

Is that an exterior wall? If so would recommend some board insulation
Hey there Lazy Xi
The other side of the brick wall is in the hallway so not exterior. But thick walls I don’t think will hear anything. What was your ideas 💡😅

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

If was exterior insulation to make it easier to regulate temp.

Would raise shelf for lights to hang from, agree with idea about fan

Also build platform on floor to reduce light leak from bottom of door/make sure no other light comes in around top/sides door. May need to add weather strip to help with that

Newty

Newty

I would take the wooden shelf at the top out. Block the top 12" (give or take) of the door way permanently with wood or white PVC sheeting, then cut a hole the size of your exhaust duct in it and that's how you will vent your grow closet.
You can have a overlapping piece on the inside so there's no crack. Over lap can be behind permanent piece as shown or on the outside of door.

I would either then cut down the door to the size of the new doorway or make a new door that seals a bit better.

Is it brick above the door way? If not an exhaust hole could easily be put in without what I just did, just put a hole through the wall.

I'm sorry, I didn't see the part about being stealthy. Well nevermind what I just said but I'll leave it here incase you can ever don't have to be as stealthy.
Screenshot 20240222 232417 Samsung Internet

Last edited:
Scattermeseed

Scattermeseed

If was exterior insulation to make it easier to regulate temp.

Would raise shelf for lights to hang from, agree with idea about fan

Also build platform on floor to reduce light leak from bottom of door/make sure no other light comes in around top/sides door. May need to add weather strip to help with that
Hey bro I’m back at the place now have got a drill
If you keep the wood🤪🪵
You can make a hole in it same diamater as your inline fan place it into the hole and make it suck air out of your closet into your carbon filter

This way it will suck the heat out as you
May know heat rises
pretty good setup you could make in there

I can’t guarantee a 100% it wont smell a little in full bloom
But if that fan pulls enough air through out i doubt there is going to be much of a scent

You can still hang your lights from the wooden shelf just attach some hangers or whatever you like

Hope you understand 😄🤟
Took me wood out coz it won’t be high enough for the plants. Only stumbling block is there’s a stumbling block coxk blocking me from sliding my wood further up. I’ve got heavy tools here but no woodcutters… so old farmer Giles ere 👨🏻‍🌾 Is going to bring back and electric jog tommorow so I can put my wood where the sun don’t shine. If that makes sense I’ll be able to make more sense tomoro…just attached pics of progress. Anyhoot happy scatterin.

270B882F 8B4C 4364 AC78 41ACD15331B9
Top Bottom