I have herming plants almost done flowering

• Thread starter chembo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chembo

whoops

sorry these are the pictures i was trying to post for the other thread, whoops!

420king-MASSES

nothin you can do know just finish them up smoke or make some bho

C

chembo

as far as leaving them around my other plants that are almost done is the main concern. any ideas??

420king-MASSES

Has it dropped pollen in the room //if so ya it mite be to late//just spray down every surface in grow room to destabilize the male pollen

C

chembo

i dont think so i havnt seen any of the rice looking things open up yet? but if i am going to run the green cracks for another 5-7 days do i need to move the og's out can they pollinate in that ammt of time?

420king-MASSES

iof you know factually that there males and you want a sinsemilla room cull those bastards out kill kill kill kill em all let ganjika sort em out lol 4real though get them out asap better safe then sorry

M

mdTHC420

this far in even if it does chuck some pollen, the seeds would be little fetuss of seeds in 5-7 days and would dry up into nothing and be unnoticeable. then u would just have to make sure u wash everything down before next round.

LBH

LBH

this far in even if it does chuck some pollen, the seeds would be little fetuss of seeds in 5-7 days and would dry up into nothing and be unnoticeable. then u would just have to make sure u wash everything down before next round.

x2, let em run, kill any pollen between rounds

(fresh water makes pollen non viable so a good wash down will usually do it.)

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Pollen isn't going to survive long enough to worry about the next round.
Let the current crop go and pick the nanners you see (I eat em if I get any,there tasty), don't trip it happens.
FJ

Melvan

Melvan

This close to harvest I wouldn't concern yourself. What you want to think about is what stresses in the grow area caused them to do this.

Yes, femmed seeds do have a tendency to hermie, but only if the conditions are right for it. We would call that stress conditions, the hermie gene sees it as proper conditions for development and asserts itself.

This far along you probably won't find any viable seed, and I guarantee if you're seeing the nanners then the pollen has already been released by ones you haven't seen. If you do get fully developed seed please don't grow them. The hermie trait is "bad" and is not something that should be promoted.

If you grow these girls from cuttings again be aware that they have that tendency and do what you can to eliminate stressful conditions. Before you put your next crop in the grow area be sure to scrub down the room and all the equipment. 2 parts water/1 part white vinegar will make the pollen nonviable and clean the mylar/panda film/white walls very well, which increases your light reflection.

Enjoy your smoke

W

weedfarm

what if your plants are herming a little sooner, around 30 days? Will DM Reverse help?

I have a strain that I thought I eliminated all males and hermi prone plants but I still have one pheno that hermied and threw some pollen. Its 75% of the table, if i chopped them, I would have nothing.

I did chop all vegging plants of that pheno

I hit everything on the table with DM Reverse yesterday. They have around another 30-40 days to go

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If the herming is such that it's going to impact *bud* growth, then I would pull them completely, otherwise, treat them and watch, see what happens.

30 days in is awfully early, so I can understand how you feel. It did happen to me during the early stages of this run and it's what helped me determine (with lil miss lone's help) that those girls were definitely infected with root aphids--all well established genetics with no hermi problems before ever. I plucked the male flowers (I'd just caught them beginning to form), treated for the root aphids and didn't spritz with water because nothing was popped. The buds kept packing on weight, but I'm also battling powdery mildew and one treatment too strong with OxiDate and I've burned some of them very, very badly and undone a good bit of that growth. Fuck me running!
x2, let em run, kill any pollen between rounds

(fresh water makes pollen non viable so a good wash down will usually do it.)
I learned the hard way that all that's needed is a relatively dewy morning and the pollen can be negatively affected (my first 'on purpose' seed run). Same pollen batch a few months later done in a room with no dew or mist gave me excellent results.

Spritz 'em with water if you're worried about them getting the girls preggers, that's what these cats are trying to tell you.

W

weedfarm

The plants that hermed are from seeds I started a while ago. the seeds I had from a bunch of seeded plants a couple years ago. After doing some reading, i realize the seeds may have come from hermed plants, not true males pollinating females. And that may be why these plants tend to herm.

Environment is good, even betterr this cycle as I got my CHHC-1 to keep temps, co2 spot on. no light leaks, and only once or twice have I started the day early an hour or so. never had problems doing this in the past.

One other pheno and another strain are doing just fine. I sprayed everything with reverse to hopefully prevent what was already pollinated from making seeds.

as far as bud growth, these plants look pretty good, solid buds, crystals, etc. You would never know there was an issue besides the pollen they threw

Melvan

Melvan

The plants that hermed are from seeds I started a while ago. the seeds I had from a bunch of seeded plants a couple years ago. After doing some reading, i realize the seeds may have come from hermed plants, not true males pollinating females. And that may be why these plants tend to herm.

I know I get up on a soap box about growing out hermied plants, but here's an excellent example of how the genetic can spread accidentally. So many people see the hermie created seed as "free" that they don't realize the high cost of it, and they passed it on to you. This is why when you have a plant that hermies you don't grow the seed, you don't grow the clones, you eliminate that bad trait just like you would stop breeding a dog who gave pups with bad hips.

I firmly believe that this trend of growing seed and taking cuttings from self-pollinating plants is going to put us on a road towards the end of true male/female plants, and the end of all our seed free weed and pure strains.

W

weedfarm

i had a decent sized room going, 10KW and growing plants that I had started from seed. Thought I got rid of all males and thought I was using females for moms. perpetual harvest, but different tables. I kept getting seeds, and thought it was light leak etc. I finally found the culprit and got rid of it. Never had seed issues again. The plants looked good and never looked like some of the pics I have seen of male plants that dont seem to flower and are all sacs. not sure if they just were hermi prone or male.

Lost ALL my genetics and all I had was these seeds so I used them. I actually had about 300 and I put them outside only to loose them to LEo or rippers. but before they were lost I pulled clones off some before they flowered not knowing if they were boy or girl

the hermed plants will be finished, have no choice. It is 75% of the table. But the vegging plants have already been cut down

So how about the Reverse? Will that keep the plants from chucking more pollen or keep the other plants from creating seeds? I ahve some AK47's that i am phasing that i dont want to get messed up

Melvan

Melvan

Man, that really sucks. You could be the poster boy for "don't pass around hermied genetics"

I can't help you with the Reverse, I've never had a plant hermie. I've been growing indoors long enough to have my room dialed in, and only from my own cuts or cuts from other long time growers I know, so I know how to not stress my strains.

I've never heard of anything stopping or reversing the process. Life is trying to assert itself, and you're not going to stop it. Maybe someone else will pipe in with their experience with the Reverse.

Good luck.

M

mdTHC420

what if your plants are herming a little sooner, around 30 days? Will DM Reverse help?

I have a strain that I thought I eliminated all males and hermi prone plants but I still have one pheno that hermied and threw some pollen. Its 75% of the table, if i chopped them, I would have nothing.

I did chop all vegging plants of that pheno

I hit everything on the table with DM Reverse yesterday. They have around another 30-40 days to go

dm reverse wont do shit for u. its meant to be used as a preventative before it throws dicks. and i dont really think it does that.

Top Bottom