I..... Have MOLD

• Thread starter Mountian Mist67
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mountian Mist67

I have mold on my soil it shows up then its gone. My plants seem to b ok tho. what do i do???

F

farmerjohn

Wow. thankfully, I haven't seen anything like that on my soil. I do have several species of mushroom that sprout up in my larger containers, but they are innocuous.

Get rid of the mold! Before it can infect growing buds. Bud mold is the worst. All that time & effort, for a mold crop. No thanks!

Do you allow the top of the soil to dry out between waterings? Over watering is the most common mistake made in soil growing. A constantly wet medium would promote mold in a wide range of temperatures & RHs. Paste a cheap thermometer/hygrometer in the space & monitor it to keep the temps @ 70 lights off & 80 lights on, with 60% RH. With dry soil @ the top & anywhere close to the temp & RH numbers above, you should not see mold. Ever!

420Gator

420Gator

Wow. thankfully, I haven't seen anything like that on my soil. I do have several species of mushroom that sprout up in my larger containers, but they are innocuous.

Get rid of the mold! Before it can infect growing buds. Bud mold is the worst. All that time & effort, for a mold crop. No thanks!

Do you allow the top of the soil to dry out between waterings? Over watering is the most common mistake made in soil growing. A constantly wet medium would promote mold in a wide range of temperatures & RHs. Paste a cheap thermometer/hygrometer in the space & monitor it to keep the temps @ 70 lights off & 80 lights on, with 60% RH. With dry soil @ the top & anywhere close to the temp & RH numbers above, you should not see mold. Ever!

lower RH is best right? if mine stays between 40-50 should i have any concern?

G

Gro

lower RH is best right? if mine stays between 40-50 should i have any concern?

40% is good for flowering but a bit low for veg/propagation.
i run my mothers/clones from 60-80% depending on strain.

M

Mountian Mist67

Thanks gonna get something to measure the room temp. N i did mix the soil myself just pete moss n somr pearlite but mostly pete moss so i might re-pot in differnt soil.

G

Gnarfbuckle

The mycellium you saw was more likely from a fruiting body fungus (mushroom)

Most people just see fuzzy white stuff and assume mold. Ill bet something is colonizing your peat moss.

K

Kennie_B

Also large swings in temperature from night to day can cause mold to show as well. Temperature swings of 20 degrees or more from night to day are no good, imho.

C

cheyenne

Is the "mold" growing on plant matter (dead leaves) on the soil surface or on in the surface itself? Dont leave plant matter on the top of your soil as it will breed mold. Mold is a "low fungi". If its on top and running down into the soil its probably mushroom mycelium of a decomposer type of higher fungi and shouldnt cause you any problems. Or you could be really lucky and have an endo/ecto mychorhizae forming (which i doubt as you can see it). On thought thought, because you can see it, i'd wager its a mold and is easily removed with an organic anti fungal sulfur spray that can be obtained at any nursery.
FWIW im known as the mushroom man and can answer most all of your fungal questions.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

What color is it? On my last grow which was in soil I thought for a minute that I had mold issues. Turned out it was algae that was growing on the top of my soil. I stopped watering as much and it went away.

another_sellout

another_sellout

An ozone generator will kill anything airborne. Requires reading the instructions or you'll burn your plants and the inside of your lungs, but in tiny doses it'll be your hero. And cheap. CAP makes one for a ten foot by ten foot room with a built in timer for $80. Hope that helps.

H

Hydrotech364

I had a plant show some Bud rot the other day 1st time ever.Fucking Texas heat and Humidity.

Top Bottom