I Have My Nutrient Mixture But Now How Much To Give?

• Thread starter Bajocassus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bajocassus

Bajocassus

I'm nearing the end of my second grow and there are many things I still have questions on but here is the one just frustrating me. Lets say I have one plant in soil in a 5 gallon softpot. I understand the mix ratio's for nutrients per gallon but what is the volume of that mixture then given to the plant?

Example: I head out to the greenhouse after mixing 2 gallons of nutrients. I have the one plant in it's 5 gallon pot. The top of the soil is dry but 2 inches down it's "damp" not wet. In an ideal situation how much of my 2 gallon mix will go to the soil?

I understand all plants are different and the usage of liquid will be different per plant but what's an average starting volume?

I am judging the cost of nutrients per plant to understand what the monetary output difference is between 6 plants and 8, 12 plants. I underfed this second grow being extremely careful not to kill them so I have no real idea of nutrient cost per plant.

On the third grow I will have a ppm meter so, for me, being able to quantify the ppm should help me with my feeds.

I'm still up in the air about what nutrients to use as well. I actually enjoy the time it takes to mix the multi-part newts.

Here is what I'm doing for flower. I do not feed enough of this mix because I'm unsure of the volume to give.

I have my nutrient mixture but now how much to give

I swapped the cal/mag out for the NFTG Herc Harvest and Khaos bloom and am using the amounts suggested by the company.

The Sea Grow is a 0-26-26 but I use very little because I'm gun-shy.

Great White mycorrhizae

Big Time Roots and Big Time Enzymes.

The rest is NPK Raw brand.

I didn't have a VEG recipe. I bounced between products. I was just hanging on during veg trying to gather more knowledge.

I appreciate the time you're taking to read and comment on this folks. I'm truly enjoying this hobby and my goal is for healthy, tasty, plants that'll keep me calm and pain-free.

PS Not in it for yield or selling. It's all personal. I don't mind taking the extra time to achieve the results I want.

Last edited:
iKharon

iKharon

First of all, cool that you run Nectar.. so do I :) with watering, you go by the weight.. lift the pot.. add water til you've added half the weight.. ex. Feels like 10lbs, add what feels like 5lbs of water to it..

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

You're going to get a whole lot of different answers.
Personally if a 5 gallon pot was still damp 2" down I'd probably would not water or feed till the next day.

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

You're going to get a whole lot of different answers.
Personally if a 5 gallon pot was still damp 2" down I'd probably would not wtaer of feed till the next day.

Ok I've got one procedure in common with someone. It kills me to even ask because I know there are many ways to approach this. Thanks for the reply!

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

First of all, cool that you run Nectar.. so do I :) with watering, you go by the weight.. lift the pot.. add water til you've added half the weight.. ex. Feels like 10lbs, add what feels like 5lbs of water to it..
Ok. I'm doing that! I actually filled one of the pots with soil only, lifted, filled it with water, lifted, laughed at myself for doing so but realized I'd just learned something.

Bajocassus

Bajocassus

Hell, I've already had one back surgery and I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

Yeah my reason for starting MJ in my 50's is a blown out back and the pharma meds were just kicking my ass. Kidneys were getting fucked up from the painkillers so a friend turned me on to MJ. Best thing to ever happen for my health.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Yeah my reason for starting MJ in my 50's is a blown out back and the pharma meds were just kicking my ass. Kidneys were getting fucked up from the painkillers so a friend turned me on to MJ. Best thing to ever happen for my health.
Luckily, my body is intolerant to pain killers, so I can't take them. But my wife has been addicted to them for 25 yrs now so I know where you are coming from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom