I hit the motherload. BLACK GOLD

• Thread starter mountainoutlaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mountainoutlaw

Found this close by! Huge mound of not compost...maybe it once was...of pure worm castings i'd say.

Now, its covered with light layer of what looks to be natural mulch.

soon as I grabbed a handful...20 or 30 worms , very healthy big ones, just come wiggling out everywhere. This is the lightest and healhiest looking stuff ive ever seen

Im doing an outdoor grow and want to utilize all of this stuff.

Now what should i mix this with and when i do mix....theres alot of microbial and small insect life in this pile.

I usually mix soils with promix organic ,put in clear plastic tarp and sun bake a couple days to kill parasites,but in this case I dont wanna kill 100s of worms.

Should I use as is? Or pastuerize in sun?

Should I add a bit of top soil or anything?

PH is 6. Maybe some dolomite lime to raise a bit?

Could I just use this by itself? The native dirt around it is mountain clay, silt....so this is a real game changer!

I hit the motherload black gold

M

mountainoutlaw

Close up of whats inside. Got plenty living organisms...i wanna pastuerize to prevent problems but dont wanna kill worms...what to do....also wonder if I should add a few bags top soil or compost.
20230522 165438

M

mountainoutlaw

PH is approx 6. Native soil is approx 5. Wonder best way to raise this up a bit naturally....maybe a lught baking soda drench but that method doesnt last...so im thinking some light dolomite lime?

notice sediment in bottom, looks like it came from sand, silt, clay.
20230522 175600

M

mountainoutlaw

Will probably rake this mulch off before extracting. But replace it when done. Notice little balls of texture. This looks good for aeration and seems hold moisture without getting soggy....could this be used alone? Worms everywhere...and theres a pile of this stuff. All free
20230522 164611

Novaracer69

Novaracer69

That a gold mine 😍 I would take about 10 gallons. That also would make a great place for a IMO collection.

M

mountainoutlaw

Well im gonna sift out the worms, add a bit of dolomite lime and sun bake, prolly do 20 percent promix....

Gonna be alot of work. Ill do a nutrient test on it later

Latest posts

Top Bottom