I installed a mini split (not a Hvac guy)

• Thread starter Globel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Globel

Globel

I picked up a chepo minisplit off of amazon and installed it. It was real easy. As long as you have one that has a install kit, its SUPER easy. There is a lot of mini splits online that have install kits. There is no welding. The only issue is the line is pre made so the length is non negotiable. Some websites you can call and ask for specific lengths. Just posting this as encouragement to anyone debating whether or not to install a mini split.

1,700$ for 24,000 BTU

Link to the unit i picked up if any one is interested.
http://www.amazon.com/Ductless-Cond...Y84Y/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1290144270&sr=8-5

W

Wild Bill

Hey Globel,

How cool is that!!!!! Good job!!! I've been wanting to install a Mini split in my area and retire my window/wall a/c, self install a big plus.

Thanks for Sharing.

WB

Grow in peace.

M

Monkey OG

Same here just had mine installed best thing ever! I had to cut the length on my lineset, had a pro do it. Its actually not that hard though just take a pipe cutter cut the end off and use a flaring tool with a clutch and bam done.

Hard part was the vacuuming of the lineset he made it look easy took his guages and pump hooked it up for a about 15 minutes did a leak test and that was it.

The Installing of the unit and mounting and cutting the holes is easy, its the vacuuming is the tricky part, the tools are expensive to buy.

Globel what brand? ac and how many hours did it take you?

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I only used a screwdriver and a wrench. And a drill to put a hole in the wall.

If you did not vacuum the lines (evacuate is proper term) then you could have big problems during hotter weather. And also the moisture from the air in your lines could freeze up and cause corrosion. Just a warning from a HVAC pro. Also as a note to all who do this, please be very careful, the new R410A refrigerant is very high pressure. When unit is not running pressure is around 220# at 75F and running on same 75F day is around 350#. So please be very careful.

L

Lost

If you did not vacuum the lines (evacuate is proper term) then you could have big problems during hotter weather. And also the moisture from the air in your lines could freeze up and cause corrosion. Just a warning from a HVAC pro. Also as a note to all who do this, please be very careful, the new R410A refrigerant is very high pressure. When unit is not running pressure is around 220# at 75F and running on same 75F day is around 350#. So please be very careful.

Ditto what he said.

I bought my vacuum and manifold off of amazon for around 200.. with 410a make sure you will get the adapter. If you do not vacuum the lines, effiency falls off with the more hours on it.. Ask me how I know :)

C

ClimateControl

CJ Knows Best

Cannabis John Knows what he is talking about.

*And I wish that you would have seen me before you spend 1700 bucks on something I could Have got you for $1150.99 Delivered. Same Exact Thing, just a different name on it. *

I could have put $600 bucks back in your pocket, and you could have paid yourself to do the install. Oh-Well You live you learn.

Seriously, I can get the best prices on Ductless Mini Splits.
18 Seer, 410a, Inverter 9000Btu- Delivered for 749.99
18 Seer, 410a, Inverter 12000Btu- Delivered For 829.99
18 Seer, 410a, Inverter 18000Btu- Delivered 1105.99
13.5 Seer, 410a, Inverter 24000Btu- Delivered 1150.99

I also have less expensive models that are NON-Inverters.

stonedcold

stonedcold

He paid 700 not 1700 ... minisplits prices keep falling... i need 3...

Top Bottom