I may run out of room!

• Thread starter bigloudvtwin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bigloudvtwin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, these girls are 5 days into switch to flower. Judging from what I've heard they are going to grow another 30%? If that's the case I may not have enough vertical space for them. They are currently being HAMMERED by a 600w HPS. I have a 400 w that I could put in there if that would slow em down but I don't think that's the answer. Hiboy mentioned something about "phosphoload" to get em to hit the brakes but IDK what that is. I'm assuming it's a shot of something high in phosphorus but that's just a guess. I do have room to move my light up approx. another 10-11" but that's it. I realize I sound insane cuz we all usually want more growth!
Any suggestions from my green family?? LOL Ok Peace!
P.S. My clones are taking off after starting them in another tote with just the clay balls and 300 ppm pure blend pro 3-2-4. It was an experiment to see how tough the little shit's are and they kicked ass after no special treatment!

I may run out of room
I may run out of room 2
S

SLO Grown

Double and triple in size is more like it. It's going to be tight for sure. May have to do some creative trimin and bending.

hiboy

hiboy

Add phosphload in your 2nd week of flower and they will stop vertical height increase in their tracks.
Less dosage than the instructions.
hiboy

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what strain is that?

not all strains double or triple

if your gonna use phosphaload I would use no more then 1-2ml gallon for 24 hours and then change out your res - do it about day 15 - that should stop them - if by day 20 they are still going hit them once more the same way - I seriously doubt you will have to

the label says top use 2-4ml/gal week 2-4 but that will give you an undesired effect of hairy, bland not very sticky herbs so be careful - I gave the same advice to a buddy once and he didnt listen - ended up with some hairy, nasty og

thing about pload is its like 50 bux for the smallest bottle but it will last forever

bushmaster is supposed to do the same thing and its prolly cheaper - no good experience with that so I wont try and give ya dosage info

L

LBZ Farmer

just keep topping them, do it this week and then next week again

Does your light stay up that high?

B

bigloudvtwin

just keep topping them, do it this week and then next week again

Does your light stay up that high?

My light is on yo yo's. It's a 600 watts though so I keep it at 20" away cuz it burned the ladie's tops a little if closer.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

get rid of the yo yos and there is 6 inches right there.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Supercrop them. Also what motherlode said about bushmaster. My boy uses it on his bubba and those ladies grow in width not in height when flowered. Looks like your gonna have a lot of tying down to do. Also, put a fan on that light. Will help with the heat stress.

L

LBZ Farmer

Yeah 600Watts you can get a lot closer!!! I run mine around 8 inches. You will get more of an oil slick if you have your lights closer too... Oil, diamonds, sugar, call it what you want.

B

bigloudvtwin

8 inches is pretty close. My cooling capacity is limited but I'll move light closer a little at a time and see what happens.

B

bigloudvtwin

what strain is that?

not all strains double or triple

if your gonna use phosphaload I would use no more then 1-2ml gallon for 24 hours and then change out your res - do it about day 15 - that should stop them - if by day 20 they are still going hot them once more the same way - I seriously doubt you will have to

the label says top use 2-4ml/gal week 2-4 but that will give you an undesired effect of hairy, bland not very sticky herbs so be careful - I gave the same advice to a buddy once and he didnt listen - ended up with some hairy, nasty og

thing about pload is its like 50 bux for the smallest bottle but it will last forever

bushmaster is supposed to do the same thing and its prolly cheaper - no good experience with that so I wont try and give ya dosage info

Don't know what strain I have and it bugs me! The rockwool wrapper had a smudged berry something on it. I forgot to ask at the dispensary when I bought the little shits. I will post pics of the flowers when they get big enough so the forum folks can help me ID this stuff.
Peace:)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I agree 8 inches is pretty close - might work for some setups and certain strains

im more comfortable with about 1 foot directly under the bulb

T

theHERBivore

supercropping during flower is fine .... opens your plants up and helps with height while tricking the plant into thinking the top has been damaged, sending hormones to other parts of the plant so they all fight to be the new top producing bigger colas thinking thier the new top from hormone exchange.

hope this helps.
theHERBivore

Top Bottom