I need a arbitrator on this one everybody!!!

• Thread starter jasongood31
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jasongood31

jasongood31

This is my first thread that i am posting on here, what a awsome site!!!! this site is my new cannabible lol!!!
What is the normal 1K watt light yield??? I feel I have more than enough experience to know the answer to this question, but my " know it all father " is making a huge dispute! claiming " he will get 2 ounces a plant" with (40 plants under two 1k lights and a 4x8 tray) I tell him " expect no more than 1.5 elbows per 1k watt " no matter how many plants you use!" AND TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST THE 1.5 NUMBER COMES FROM SEEING SOME OF THE PROS ON HERE, i KNOW ALOT OF GROWERS AND MOST SAY" BE HAPPY WITH 1.0 PER LIGHT"

so as a experiment i ask him" what is you grew 26 1k lights, with your numbers what would you produce???" he says "125 elbows" roflmao WTF!!! And then he proceeds to try and make a fool out of me by calling some very new, ameteur growers from "socal" and "supposedly" they said they can get .5 elbows per plant" i said yea with 4 plants per light lol not 40!!! i know yield is not really determined by number of plants as much as light,space,nutes, temp on an on......

To all the farmers out there i am a humble man, if i am wrong please advise me of so and i will admit to being wrong!!! but if this guy is wayyyyyy!!!!!!!! offf on his numbers and he made a fool out of himself with his argument, then please feel free to post and be the 3rd party arbitrator we need right now........

jasongood31

jasongood31

Lmao thank you norm! Honestly he is trying to invest and I am just trying to give him some realistic guidance before he puts his capital in this and sets his expectations way out of wack!!!!

jasongood31

jasongood31

Oh yea! and he is going to do a 6 to 8 week veg on the 40 plants int the 4x8 tray!!!! he actualy had the nerve to call me stupid and tell me "his guy will come show me how to grow" sometimes i really wonder about this guy lol!!!!!!

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Oh yea! and he is going to do a 6 to 8 week veg on the 40 plants int the 4x8 tray!!!!

Gunna have some mighty fine bamboo... :)

One week maybe two if they are slow max.

And you can get anywhere from a lb to 2.5 a light when dialed in right.

jasongood31

jasongood31

Gunna have some mighty fine bamboo... :)

One week maybe two if they are slow max.

And you can get anywhere from a lb to 2.5 a light when dialed in right.

Indoor hydroponic bamboo!!! the finest quality bamboo on this side of the planet!!!lol.... who is this guy getting 2.5 per light ??? i would love to know his secrets... the only source of income i had this year was pretty much working gardens and trimming up north in sohum! I am knee deep in this industry and know many old school oringinal growers and i dont know anybody who gets 2.0 a light ( not saying they are not out there, just saying i have a good amount of experience and i have never seen it.......

when you say dialing in, what are the 2 most important factors in your mind???

jasongood31

jasongood31

@dextr0 exactly what i said! like a mini sea of green... know isnt the point of a SOG to focus on getting a bunch of 1/4 oz. plants? is what my father claiming even possible??? dont hold back, if you feel it is a completly retarted cliam then please say so!!! if you think i am understating and what i am saying is retarted than please say so as well... Again, i am very humble and i do not want to be right, i just want the right results lol.....

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
when you say dialing in, what are the 2 most important factors in your mind???

With a dialed in strain every factor is very important; Solid environment, correct feeding, being able to correct mishaps like bugs or mold, right # of plants (32 16 9 7 5 4) per tray, what day is this strains best day to harvest, topping or not, even basic things like general cannabis knowledge and having love for growing.

The plants tell you everything really. Just pay close attention to em and react right away if something comes up. Solid research is good too. :)

Edit; In terms of hitting 2+lbs a light. It depends on the strain foremost and all of the factors above. You have to work at it and make correct changes. It's fun, rewarding and will make you go crazy all at the same time... <--That's the truth! lol

dextr0

dextr0

@dextr0 exactly what i said! like a mini sea of green... know isnt the point of a SOG to focus on getting a bunch of 1/4 oz. plants? is what my father claiming even possible??? dont hold back, if you feel it is a completly retarted cliam then please say so!!! if you think i am understating and what i am saying is retarted than please say so as well... Again, i am very humble and i do not want to be right, i just want the right results lol.....

Ive seen some crazy shit in my life time so im not gonna say its not possible, or retarded. Maybe he knows his strain, etc, etc...

....or maybe hes pumping himself up...whatever it is, I wanna see the grow.

Can we make that happen??

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
20 plants per 1 k @ 2 ounces each is a stretch

2.5 lb per light is also a stretch

125 elbows from 26 lights

now thats just a dad who cant do math

or he has a lower then average iq

M

MTM

Im running 1K with 14 plants and Ill get anywhere from one ounce to 3 due to this being a seed run,a clone run of white dawg will yield better than that

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
40 plants veggin on a 4x8 for 4-6 weeks is goin to eat your room from the get go, 18-24 plants is more realistic with that much veg time and your goin to need to screen them down to have any chance at controllin them.

2k with 4 plants under each one in 10-15gallon pots or hydro buckets and you can hit 1.75-2lbs a light with 8 plants pretty consistantly once you are dailed in. This is my prefered setup for yield and plant counts

And Dad doesn't grow obviously or he would know how silly he sounds..oh but lets call some Cali boys to confirm they are lost as well.

I actually do exactly what your talkin about in one of my setups but we put 15 plants on a 3x6 table in 2 gallon perfect pots and screen it with 2k above it in umberellas..I can pop that table for 4-4.5 lbs a flip with a single strain and if I hold my mouth just right but it is not everytime but close.

Tex

jasongood31

jasongood31

@dextro i am going to do a run similar, 8 lights 2 4x8 treys and 4 4x4 treys,6 inch grodan cubes, flood & drain, 20 plants a light, Blue dream, hoping to get 1 ounce a plant "seriously, i would be stocked if i get that" I am going to do a log on that as soon as I set my equipment up and get my clones from my buddy, I am going to use the bombastic budding nute ( heard alot of good things about this product)............

@ tex kid wow! 4 to 4.5!!!! that is awsome!!!! is "blue dream" that single strain?
He has actually gotten thoose terrible numbers from some local socal growers! see where i think he is confused is the 'yield per plant" vs. the "yield per watt" if a guy gets 6 zips off a plant its probably 1 of no more than 8 plants.......he got 2an a half ounces on a plant with a similar setup before but, it was a assorted batch of clones so there was actually a little space for the plants and it was a "sour og" but of the 20 sour og's there was no where near a 2 ounce per plant average!!!!

jasongood31

jasongood31

With a dialed in strain every factor is very important; Solid environment, correct feeding, being able to correct mishaps like bugs or mold, right # of plants (32 16 9 7 5 4) per tray, what day is this strains best day to harvest, topping or not, even basic things like general cannabis knowledge and having love for growing.

The plants tell you everything really. Just pay close attention to em and react right away if something comes up. Solid research is good too. :)

Edit; In terms of hitting 2+lbs a light. It depends on the strain foremost and all of the factors above. You have to work at it and make correct changes. It's fun, rewarding and will make you go crazy all at the same time... <--That's the truth! lol

that is where the whole experience thing really comes into play! really appreciate the info boss!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have Blue dream here but its not the heavy yielder that it takes to get those numbers in my setup...Alien 4, Toe Jam, Skinny P, blueberry, those kick some wieght in my setups

Gotta Blue Dream goin outside that is lookin killer

Tex

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

My mom always said "never argue with fools...because from a distance, most people can't tell the difference!"

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to there level and beat you with experience.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im gonna take a little different route on this one,Hes your dad and he brought you into this world and paid to raise your ass so humor him a little,be interested in what he has to say and ask to meet these growers or see some of the grows hes talking about.If hes wrong it will come out soon enough and if you dont gloat about it he will have gained a little more respect for you.How many times have you fucked up or been wrong while you were growing up that he has had to deal with?Did he go on the internet and start a thread about it?Its your DAD,dont make him think that the best part of you ran down his leg...

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

I've seen over 2.5 per light. In 9k rooms bare bulbs, and a not so tasty commercial strain....Pot of gold. Monocropping is key. As well as what others said, topping, knowing your strain.....sure homies didn't just start getting 2.5+ per light right away. They lived in a bubble and grew nothing but the same shit for 5 yrs, and truly DIALED it.

When they tried a new strain everything went to shit.....

hell under one handle on here I hit 2.25 per light with 1 strain 4 plants per light. Haven't gotten more than 1.5 since. Shit happens

Latest posts

Top Bottom