I need a B52 replacement recipe

• Thread starter Buddy Hemphill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buddy Hemphill

I get great results from B52.

Almost great enough to justify the cost...

But still.

I wanna make it myself.

Anybody ever done it or seen a link somewhere?

TIA!

S

stonedinthe902

nah but if you do a google search for 'b-alive' you'll find a powdered equivelant made of it. it's made by a company called greenleaf nutrients.

i haven't used this stuff yet, and haven't found anyone who has, but supposedly it's the same as the liquid b-52.

i'm hoping to see some comparisons soon, i have a friend who uses the Advanced line-up who's thinking of sampling the Greenleaf line-up, if thats the case i'm going to try and convince him to do some clones side by side to see if their is any noticeable differences.

S

Seed Buyer

Try out GH's Floralicous Plus. It is a sea kelp based supplement with fulvic acids and dormant bacteria. At 1ml per gallon it is gonna be cheaper than trying to make your own. I used to buy 5gal buckets of B1 from Hygro Corp in Toronto. It is supposedly what Technaflora was bottling as their Thrive Alive Red. However, it was still cheaper to use the Floralicious Plus at 1 ml per gallon then shipping liquid from Toronto across the US.

M

mrduke

all you need is to go to the local garden center, and grab some liquid B1 and a bottle of seaweed/kelp extract and you got the samething

dankworth

dankworth

all you need is to go to the local garden center, and grab some liquid B1 and a bottle of seaweed/kelp extract and you got the samething

Floralicious plus is 20% kelp, and some humic, and some vegetable hydrolysate or something. Last bottle did not list any subtilis strain anymore.
I went to the ag place, and bought kelp, and humic, and I like the fish hydrolysate better I think.
I need to get some of that b1. I think it gives some of the SAR reaction like salicylic acid and chitosan.
I see my old skool (way old skool) bottle of b-52 is 2-1-4, don't need the food of course, it will just skew the base nutes. Besides Advanced is full of shit half the time about the guaranteed analysis, that is why they are always flagged in OR. It lists 5% thiamine hydrochloride(b-1) and 0.5% humic. And they will not state how much kelp.
I pay 15.00 for 3 lbs of soluble ascophyllum nodosum kelp at the ag store that stocks that kind of thing, and I am pretty sure I am paying too much. And like 10$ for a p of humic acid powder. I got my earthworm castings and alfalfa there too.
But that will last thousands of gallons, so it is cost-effective for now.
AN lies their ass off and dilutes everything. Having reverse-engineered everything they had that I wanted to duplicate showed me what bitches they really are.
And you can get a ton of aminos from alfalfa tea.

dankworth

dankworth

Mr. Duke has the right idea.
Floralicious plus is 20% kelp, and some humic, and some vegetable hydrolysate or something. Last bottle did not list any subtilis strain anymore.
I went to the ag place, and bought kelp, and humic, and I like the fish hydrolysate better I think. So if one was inclined they could reproduce that several hundred dollar gallon of floralicious plus with like $20 worth of raw ingredients. I say this because I used that product for a few years. And then reverse engineered it.
I need to get some of that b1. I think it gives some of the SAR reaction like salicylic acid and chitosan.
I see my old skool (way old skool) bottle of b-52 is 2-1-4, don't need the food of course, it will just skew the base nutes. Besides Advanced is full of shit half the time about the guaranteed analysis, that is why they are always flagged in OR. It lists 5% thiamine hydrochloride(b-1) and 0.5% humic. And they will not state how much kelp.
I pay 15.00 for 3 lbs of soluble ascophyllum nodosum kelp at the ag store that stocks that kind of thing, and I am pretty sure I am paying too much. And like 10$ for a p of humic acid powder. I got my earthworm castings and alfalfa there too.
But that will last thousands of gallons, so it is cost-effective for now.
AN lies their ass off and dilutes everything. Having reverse-engineered everything they had that I wanted to duplicate showed me what bitches they really are.
And you can get a ton of aminos from alfalfa tea.

Mr Hemphill, we should get you on the salts bandwagon. I paid 181.06 for 5 50 lb bags of fertilizer salts, and 3 lbs of micro mix. I can make nutes of any ratio for the whole year and into the next. I am not talking about 1ks in tents either.
And the salts I have, I get a higher sulfur ratio the way I mix. Sulfur has everything to do with flavor, aroma and dankness. That is why bud candy and shit like it has mag sulfate(epsom), for the sulfur. And that is one of the reasons coco puts out more flavorful bud is the butt-ton of sulfur inherent in coco. Bud size specific to coco is because of the butt-ton of K in coco.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Dankworth,

Where did you find the thiamine hydrochlroide?

Thanks
:animbong:

dankworth

dankworth

Dankworth,

Where did you find the thiamine hydrochlroide?

Thanks
:animbong:

Sorry about double post above, was not paying enough attention.
I have not bought any B1. I have not shopped around for it at all yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom