I Need A Tactical Mite Nuke, Systemic Miticide What Works Best

• Thread starter fractal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

So I'm trying to help my friend get rid of mites they've been battling and I've been trying to help for over a year now. Used everything organic, used everything questionable like hotShotz strips that ALWAYS worked before on mites for me.

But now they are threatening a very special plant that absolutely has to stay alive I don't care at this point what it takes.

The only ones I remember I used to sell at the shop i worked at over 10 years ago were Eagle 20(?) and Floramite. Systemic miticides aren't legal in washington either I called the hydro shop and they told me I could get that stuff from eBay.

I really could use some recommendations, don't try to talk me out of systemic miticides because this is all-out fucking war.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
After several months keeping them at bay with organic methods, I got tired of them always cropping back up.

Went nuclear with floramite, 2 applications on all the plants. Took clones and killed the donors once clones rooted. Set me back a month or so, but thankfully, that finally got rid of them

mayonnaise

mayonnaise

floramite works but not on broad mites. You didn't say what kind of mites they were but if there are broads in the mix you are gonna need forbid. Dipping has always worked best for me but if the plants are too large just make sure you get really good coverage. It only takes a couple missed to ruin everything

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

a very special plant that absolutely has to stay alive

Agree with the dipping If your lady is trimmed back some and you can get her all the way dunked in a nice upside down fashion DO IT.
If you can't and have to do a Azamax spray go with 1/2 ml per gal or even 1/4 the strength and do it every 3 days 3 times and clean PH water between on the second day to rinse her off.
ONLY DURING LIGHTS OFF ALWAYS when sprayin.
AS A SECONDARY:
Backed up with Monterey Garden and insect Spinosad
This has saved me and my girls in the past.
Super Bug killin VIBES
FlyJ

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Avid at 1/4 to 1/2 tsp per gallon. 2 treatments. And bye bye mites

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
All good info let's not forget cleaner and sanitize that room! Or they will be back if ya can clean it with light bleach OR iso then I like to get that room cooking get it real hot with no plants obviously or I've also heard high lvls of co2 will kill the mites

fractal

fractal

yeah the ironic part is I don't think now that any miticides will work, the problem is this person doesn't understand how critical absolute dark is for flowering. They are literally growing in a closet with like the top 4 feet having mylar draped across it. I tried to explain how this stresses the plants and makes them even more susceptible to mites. We'll see what happens i guess.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you don't think miticides will work, then that suggests this person is dealing with mites that already have resistance to the systemic miticides. If that's the case, there's not only no point in using them, there's every reason not to. Azamax/Azatrol is this guy's friend here. Also, learning about handling and prevention of bringing in new infestations.
The only ones I remember I used to sell at the shop i worked at over 10 years ago were Eagle 20(?) and Floramite. Systemic miticides aren't legal in washington either I called the hydro shop and they told me I could get that stuff from eBay.
E20 is a fungicide. Azamax will not cause resistance, it'd be my first choice here.

fractal

fractal

This person has never used any systemic miticides and they are normal mites. I think the problem is they leave doors open to the outside, they have multiple pets going in and out all the time, and of course they always have the plants stressing out big time because they are trying to flower them without any true dark photoperiods. Also in the spring they put some plants out back to save space under the lights, and bring those plants back in.

It's a total clusterfuck. This is the kind of person also who is a nice person but it's like I'm talking to a wall about photoperiods and stuff. They have or had an heirloom NL#5 also they SWEAR finishes faster than this plant I gave them that throws top quality record setting yields in 53 days. Northern Lights in under 60 days is bullshit.

Top Bottom