i need a thermostat for a hot plate

• Thread starter knubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

knubs

I am looking for a 120v temperature controller that I can plug a hot plate into and tell it to apply power to the hot plate until it gets to the temperature I programmed in. I want a screen that displays the temp, a plug for my hot plate, and a temperature probe...it sounds so simple and I know there has to be something that does this, but google is no help. I've searched and searched and I am frustrated to all hell that I can't find anything...

if anyone knows of something that does this please let me know

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
look at omega engineering. I bet you can find a thermostat for surfaces.

K

knubs

it needs to control a water temperature with a hot plate as the heating source. I will check out omega, thanks!

K

knubs

perfect! Thanks Wavegem! That is exactly what I was looking for. I just ordered one. I hope it is pretty accurate. I will report back on that after I get it.

K

knubs

well my controller from hvacusa got here and guess what.. it was dead on arrival as well.... I just ordered a third one. Hopefully this one will work.

Wavegem

Wavegem

well my controller from hvacusa got here and guess what.. it was dead on arrival as well.... I just ordered a third one. Hopefully this one will work.

That is terrible I have never seen problems with them. The ranco is good too

Jay Tea

Jay Tea

I am looking for a 120v temperature controller that I can plug a hot plate into and tell it to apply power to the hot plate until it gets to the temperature I programmed in. I want a screen that displays the temp, a plug for my hot plate, and a temperature probe...it sounds so simple and I know there has to be something that does this, but google is no help. I've searched and searched and I am frustrated to all hell that I can't find anything...

if anyone knows of something that does this please let me know
i just saw a 120v inline thermostat at NHS in Eureka. their intented for heat mats but are 14 gauge wire, should work also

K

knubs

the hvac USA one works. They tech guy just told me how to wire it wrong... The first one probably worked too.

this thing works great! Thank you guys!

Top Bottom