I need advice for my space bucket.

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

I've been recently working on a space bucket made with a 20 gallon garbage can. I have the inside lined with chrome/reflective duct tape and also 2 120mm pc fans. The only thing I have left to install are the lights and I'm wondering if 4× 100watt led daylight bulbs will be enough light. I also have a timer for my light schedule and I plan on growing autos in it. Thanks for the help!

I need advice for my space bucket
I need advice for my space bucket 2
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
You'll want roughly 50w of LED. Can you link the brand of the one's you're planning to use?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
4 of those would be perfect. A strip light around the side might actually be really good. If you end up doing that, make it blue during veg to mid flower and red for mid to late flower. Usually you'd want to make it blue for veg and red for flower, but since your space bucket is so small, you want more blue for the beginning of flower to shorten plants.

DevinA95

DevinA95

4 of those would be perfect. A strip light around the side might actually be really good. If you end up doing that, make it blue during veg to mid flower and red for mid to late flower. Usually you'd want to make it blue for veg and red for flower, but since your space is so small, you want more blue for the beginning of flower to shorten plants.
I appreciate your advice. I'm going tomorrow to pick them up and look into getting a light strip.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
To be honest, it's probably not worth it for such a small pace as strip lights are expensive but it's up to you.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Those lights are 5000k which is a little bit on the blue side which will be good for you. Nice choice. Keep me updated on how everything goes. I'm currently working on a micro box myself. You can see the light I made on my profile if you'd like.

DevinA95

DevinA95

Those lights are 5000k which is a little bit on the blue side which will be good for you. Nice choice. Keep me updated on how everything goes. I'm currently working on a micro box myself. You can see the light I made on my profile if you'd like.
Well I'm not second guessing myself anymore lol I appreciate it. I plan on trying out one of the Candy Kush seeds I have and seeing how it goes. For some reason it wont let me look on your profile.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Well I'm not second guessing myself anymore lol I appreciate it. I plan on trying out one of the Candy Kush seeds I have and seeing how it goes. For some reason it wont let me look on your profile.
My bad. I fixed it.

BackyardGrow

BackyardGrow

So I was wondering if anybody has ever done a space bucket grow and if so I would love to hear you experience

JLF

JLF

I was also reading into space buckets. I love the idea, and some of the grows I’ve seen people post on Reddit are really impressive. I myself just suffered a massive hydroponic failure. Literally just finished cleaning out the grow tent so I can switch over to good ol dirt in a bucket. If you’re looking for some great space bucket advice, the r/spacebuckets subreddit could inform your decision. Best of luck!

Ali.G69

Ali.G69

Girl scouts cookies space bucket grow​

Hi guys
I've been growing gsc in a space bucket and after topping the plant recently I've started to notice a few problems and as a beginner grower I'm not too sure what these are so hopefully I can get some feedback and tips on how to overcome these problems.
Pic 1 rust colored spots on a couple of the leaves
Pic 2 I've noticed that my leaves are different shades of green

Girl scouts cookies space bucket grow
Girl scouts cookies space bucket grow 2
Top Bottom