I NEED ADVICE

• Thread starter Quadscrusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Q

Quadscrusher

Hello I am new the forum. I am looking for a advice.... I am currently growing outdoor in ontario but I am getting worried about theft. The plants are still in veg stage in 10L pots with FF happy frog mixed with promix. they are about 4 ft tall. I want to bring them inside and flower them under a Led full spectrum light. Has anyone done this before? What protocal required for pests?

Thanks
Adam

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Hey Bro. Theft is real and it happens every day. I do see where you are coming from. Unless I had a lot of land, I would be worried too. You can most likely bring them inside without any issues. You bring up a good point about pests.. That might be hard to control at first because they are in the elements. Pests could be burying in the soil or on the undersides of leaves. I would look up some type of light pest deterrent you can make to spray when you are removing (or day before) to get them off of the plants. Then you can treat anything you bring into the house as you find it. If you are really worried, just finish this grow up. Then take all of that soil and dump it outside. Then clean the pots or get new ones as well as the entire grow space to ensure that no remaining outdoor contaminants are in the grow space indoors.

For lighting, no light can reproduce the sun's power. So your plant's may lose some vigor or they can adjust fine. The big thing is to make sure you have enough wattage to flower some dense buds. It is all possible to do. But my concern is the light. If it's too little, the yield may be small. Many of the LED lights are marketed as like 1000W equivalent but have a low total wattage rating which is what needs to be high. So if you haven't purchased the light yet, do some hard research on the lighting cause it's the crucial element to making this all work.

I've seen good results with KINGLED which has full spectrum and switches to activate different plant cycles. So for veg you would hit the veg button and the lights would illuminate the vegetative spectrum colors, for bloom, same thing, just activates bloom spectrum colors.

Those look really impressive. I use HID light so I am going based off of what I have seen. There are better brands than KINGLED but that one is decent.

Q

Quadscrusher

Hey Bro. Theft is real and it happens every day. I do see where you are coming from. Unless I had a lot of land, I would be worried too. You can most likely bring them inside without any issues. You bring up a good point about pests.. That might be hard to control at first because they are in the elements. Pests could be burying in the soil or on the undersides of leaves. I would look up some type of light pest deterrent you can make to spray when you are removing (or day before) to get them off of the plants. Then you can treat anything you bring into the house as you find it. If you are really worried, just finish this grow up. Then take all of that soil and dump it outside. Then clean the pots or get new ones as well as the entire grow space to ensure that no remaining outdoor contaminants are in the grow space indoors.

For lighting, no light can reproduce the sun's power. So your plant's may lose some vigor or they can adjust fine. The big thing is to make sure you have enough wattage to flower some dense buds. It is all possible to do. But my concern is the light. If it's too little, the yield may be small. Many of the LED lights are marketed as like 1000W equivalent but have a low total wattage rating which is what needs to be high. So if you haven't purchased the light yet, do some hard research on the lighting cause it's the crucial element to making this all work.

I've seen good results with KINGLED which has full spectrum and switches to activate different plant cycles. So for veg you would hit the veg button and the lights would illuminate the vegetative spectrum colors, for bloom, same thing, just activates bloom spectrum colors.

Those look really impressive. I use HID light so I am going based off of what I have seen. There are better brands than KINGLED but that one is decent.

Thanks man, if i start out with a 3x3 by 6 ft tall tent what wattage led full spectrum light should i buy for dense buds?

Latest posts

Top Bottom