I Need Better Nutes

• Thread starter sweetolmaryjane
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sweetolmaryjane

Silica is prob the best thing to add if you aren't using it currently. Night and day. Agsil is the best choice. If you want bottled get Protekt. As far as what nutes are better.? Flip the bottles over next time you are at the store. They all pretty much have the same thing in them with a ton of water added to it. Just the colorful labels and prices are different. Skip on the Big Bud and buy 20 lbs of MPK (mono potassium phosphate) for pretty much less then a buck a lb and its the same thing.

Molasses works as a "bloom booster" cause of the Mg in it. Cheaper to use Epsom Salt (plus you get the added sulfur - the 2 best things to use as a "bloom booster") unless you are trying to feed microbes in soil.
thanks for that. i purchased some Protekt we will see how it goes. is MPK the same as Diammonium Phosphate

S

sweetolmaryjane

Silica is prob the best thing to add if you aren't using it currently. Night and day. Agsil is the best choice. If you want bottled get Protekt. As far as what nutes are better.? Flip the bottles over next time you are at the store. They all pretty much have the same thing in them with a ton of water added to it. Just the colorful labels and prices are different. Skip on the Big Bud and buy 20 lbs of MPK (mono potassium phosphate) for pretty much less then a buck a lb and its the same thing.

Molasses works as a "bloom booster" cause of the Mg in it. Cheaper to use Epsom Salt (plus you get the added sulfur - the 2 best things to use as a "bloom booster") unless you are trying to feed microbes in soil.
thank you for this. i have bought myself a bottle of Dyna Gro pro tekt. i am also looking into powdered silica in the form of 49.9% silica. i ask you this...the Pro Tekt bottle is 7.8%. the powder is 49.9%. if i use the powder is that going to be too much. Not looking for speculation looking for anyone who may have actually used the 49.9% powder

Last edited:
H

Highkev

I would just caution you that "adding things" doesn't necessarily amount to better quality or higher yield. I used House & Garden for many years, they offer a dozen additives and I used every one of them, thinking that was key to success. I switched to Veg+Bloom, which is a very simple system with only a few components and the results are just as good or better.
I use advanced nutrients but it’s getting quite expensive buying the whole line up maybe I don’t really need all the extras

Stockbull

Stockbull

I've just started using medi one 4 part.
Have used medi one for just over a year now with veggies etc that just love it. 4-3-3 gets everything right green....almost too green.
First full grow of GSC was done (2 more weeks left actually) @ 50% recommended through the whole grow. Max PPM of 950 with the M1, W8, massive and finisher combined in flower.
20190205 152056
20190130 201723

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
thanks for that. i purchased some Protekt we will see how it goes. is MPK the same as Diammonium Phosphate

No you want Mono Potassium Phosphate
For 50lbs I usually go through them if you can't find it locally: $80.95 + shipping
https://customhydronutrients.com/ic...29_184&zenid=3099d1d90ca6713e469f76c31f8c87cb

For a smaller amount I will use them (they are local):
$13.95 + shipping 5lbs

1 gram a gal give you:
MPK

thank you for this. i have bought myself a bottle of Dyna Gro pro tekt. i am also looking into powdered silica in the form of 49.9% silica. i ask you this...the Pro Tekt bottle is 7.8%. the powder is 49.9%. if i use the powder is that going to be too much. Not looking for speculation looking for anyone who may have actually used the 49.9% powder

Concentration is all. Also look at the source. Do you know the company that makes the 49.9%? You will just need to mix a lot less. Usually with silica, since it takes a while to dissolve, I will dilute it down into a concentration mix in a bottle so I can add it and not have to wait around for it to dissolve. Always remember Silica always goes in the rez first into plain water before everything.
SI

B

Burned Haze

Jacks 3-2-1 plan
Or
Grow more’s aka Mendocino producer ( I choose this, love) + get seagreen, fulvic acid

I also suggest after saving some from using powder versions, put your cash into beneficial bacteria /root protection and then You will see a salt or “Nute” can’t fix the issue or make your plants a super plant overall. but beneficials def can make the difference or a lot of the time or just letting your nutes be wasted !(too many guys waste their cash, And then apply limited amount on their crop and wonder why it does not work.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
RAW i guess its 45% it says its the highest concentrate available. I found it on amazon. RAW is the company name

Always remember its usually potassium silicate so you are also adding K and need to factor that in to the end formula specially when using MPK or other bloom boosters. K is the love juice for flowers. I only run 96ppm of P from start to finish on my flower rooms. The only thing I actually use MPK anymore for is my veg formula.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've used floranova series for a few years now with excellent results. Comparable to other expensive and more complicated brands. Experimenting with GP Massive as a booster right now. seeing explosive growth that's out of the ordinary.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Hey everyone, i am looking for ideas on some best of the best nutes. i wanna step my game up and grow some high quality buds. i feel like if i add a few things to my base nutes it may help me with yield and quality. currently using dutch nutrients A and B. i have a set for GRO and a set for BLOOM. but i havent been using anything in addition to the A&B. Any recommendations would help a lot. just looking for things that you know work

I am doing Hydro not soil and i haven't been doing that long.
I live in the land of HARD water so i must start with RO. Between this site and two others i settled on the Botanicare line. My second choice was Veg+Bloom line from Hydroponic Research.

I do use the +Life product from Hydroponic Research along with the Botanicare products.

Stockbull

Stockbull

Been using Greenplanet Medi one for a year now. I put that shit on everything.
First grow running the Medi with the Mass, Finisher and Liquid weight. Running half nutes and all is well.
Been growing a GSC with no more than 1000ppm and hearing others talk of running 1800ppm into it. I don't know the veg time nor the plant size, so....
Who knows....see how she grows.
Seems to have made it to the finish line....just.
Tips are burnt after trying to up nutes a few feeds back to 1200 and she don't like it.
950ppm average from start to finish once established in veg consistently. No real ramp up of nutes into flower.
Nice and green Jan 30th and cant chop it soon enough Feb 14th.
Last water through with 280ppm remaining....tap water at 172 and a bit of molasses at 80ppm to get it to the finish line....idea anyways.
3 more days till Xmas!!
20190214 192057 capture2
20190205 152056

Last edited:
Stockbull

Stockbull

I've some flora nova 4-8-7 & thinking to run medi one 4-3-3 for veg then ease into just straight 4-8-7 with maybe a bit of 0-50-30 added in.
I'd really like to grab some straight K from GP to add to the tail end and see how she blows.

You just using straight 4-8-7 bloom by GH for flower?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've some flora nova 4-8-7 & thinking to run medi one 4-3-3 for veg then ease into just straight 4-8-7 with maybe a bit of 0-50-30 added in.
I'd really like to grab some straight K from GP to add to the tail end and see how she blows.

You just using straight 4-8-7 bloom by GH for flower?

Indeed. I'm playing with massive right now but the past few years Ive just been using straight up floranova Grow and bloom and nothing else, with excellent results. These pics have been plastered all over this board by now but hey, I'll drop them again. These buds are also GSC and were grown with nothing but 1.4-1.5ec (700-750 ppm on the 500 scale, ~1000-1100 on the 700 scale) of floranova. No calmag, no pk boosters and no carbs. And yes, they taste and smell as spectacular as they look lol.

Keep it simple is my advice. Dont bother with the 0-50-30 either, you dont need it and could easily overdo it with that. Everybody is trying to sell you stuff in this game, and a lot of things actually make the plants worse if you dont use it appropriately.

20190201 201514
20190131 191028
20181003 145322
20181009 120358

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I should also add I use potassium silicate as ph up. It's an excellent source of K and silica. The floranova in RO is usually about 5.2ph, so it gives lots of space for it.

Stockbull

Stockbull

Nice tight buds there.

I've been leary of using boosters and only just picked up the 0-50-30. Not real eager to be tossing it in the mix. Was more of an impulse buy as I'm really not too keen on screwing things up just yet.... Maybe later.....gotta toss a wrench in once in awhile I figure. Learn real quick when things start screwing up. Lol

For tester I put 50% into one plant at 4 weeks in just to see. I noticed the triches ended up with a purple tinge in them. Could just be me as I've not had a mini scope to use up until a week ago.
I'd like to do a side by side to verify.
I don't get why its 0-50-30 when one is supposed to be upping the K.
Seems backwards to me in that it should be 0-30-50 or something but I'm still new. 4th grow in 3 years. I tend to grow project X's quite a bit though I'm trying to cut back. At least the time anyways. Last got carried away and was 11 months before it was done!! Just crazy.

Like you say, it's really a guessing game tossing things in, especially when trying to do some math to other lines like Greenplanet with the .0006 etc and getting a ratio out of it.
Flora Nova Bloom I'd like to use now that I've a new PH pen and a better PH up which is added in drops now instead of teaspoons. I'm sure too much PH up can cause separation of nutes.
Interesting you mention the potassium silicate as I'm trying to zero in on organics as well as looking to add a number to the K at end that is understandable while also adding in the silicate that I'm only just reading a bit of lately.
Always something to learn and usually some kind of reward at end and through the grows as results come about. I'm hooked

Top Bottom