I need HEEEEEEELLP!!" Spider mites

• Thread starter KingShaka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingShaka

KingShaka

Man these evil little spider mite devils are killing my maple leaf crop... Help me please? Ive used organacide/natria/jalepeno water.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Man these evil little spider mite devils are killing my maple leaf crop... Help me please? Ive used organacide/natria/jalepeno water.
Fuck ME, you're using jalapenos on something you plan to smoke?? I suggest not doing that.

What I do suggest is to go with a combination approach, and it's going to become your new religion. JMS Stylet oil applied every three days smothers them (but not the eggs, and no mites that haven't been hit). A 1:1 mix of water:isopropyl alcohol, again applied every three days. Rosemary oil mixed to 2% (you'll need an emulsifier) applied every three days.
How bad is your infestation?
I've got a feeling we could use the term "tenting" and it wouldn't be in the fun way.

hempmerican

hempmerican

I finally SOLVED my mite problem. I read in another forum that chives are used in commercial farming, put a few seedling cups of chives amongst my rows. Then I applied azamax 3 times at 3 day intervals. Finally I found a good equivalent product to replace Nuke-em which I use weekly. The details on where to get it are on my grow diary here.

M

marihuana

Azamax is a great product... But its neem based and a little harsh with some of the chems that are in it. If you want a long lasting spider mite fix then invest in a fogger and some mighty wash. Its a good product that pretty easy to wash off when your in flower. If you hit em every 3 days for 9 days you should easily be able to make it through flower and not give your buds that nasty been taste. I do highly support neem and azamax for preventative or pre flower spray though.

O

OnlyOrganic

I cannot understand why anybody would spray anything on something they plan to smoke, vape or eat. Spider mite management is a process not a magic poison spray. Integrated spider mite management starts with a seed strain resistant to spider mites. Then inoculate your room with spider mite predators and keep your room at 60 degrees or colder during the night cycle. If all this fails don't panic, even strains resistant to mites will have genetic variations resulting in 1 out of 10 being susceptible to a mite attack. But this beats the hell out of clones that if one is susceptible to mites they all are. So now what? Well I have decided to make a tool available to everyone. I made a vacuum nozzle to remove spider mites from your plants without damaging the plants. I call it the Mite-T-Vac, it has full vacuum control + thumb release for instant release. Please stop POISONING yourself an others. Spider mites can be easily vacuumed when they climb to the top of the plant. You get a second chance at this when you cut the branches and hang them upside down in a dark room. All of the spider mites will again climb to the top, giving you another chance to vacuum them off. If a few spider mites remain on your plant, it's OK, they are not going to kill you like poison will! In fact, they are to your buds what a silk corn worm is to corn. It is living proof that your buds have not been poisoned. So, for those of you who care about your health and the health of others, you can buy the Mite-T-Vac at the Redway Feed and Garden Supply in Redway California

0510140759b
Last edited by a moderator:
B

budfarmer

My friend the master grower recommended to me this - go down to Target or any cheap store and buy the cheapest no name brand GREEN mouth wash, mix it approx. 50/50 with water and spray those fuckers. Try maybe 40% mouth wash to 60% water and go to 50/50 if need be. According to my friend the green mouth wash has several ingredients that kill spider mites including alcohol, why buy rubbing alcohol when you can use mouth wash.

S

ssteely71

My friend the master grower recommended to me this - go down to Target or any cheap store and buy the cheapest no name brand GREEN mouth wash, mix it approx. 50/50 with water and spray those fuckers. Try maybe 40% mouth wash to 60% water and go to 50/50 if need be. According to my friend the green mouth wash has several ingredients that kill spider mites including alcohol, why buy rubbing alcohol when you can use mouth wash.

Probably explains why there have been batches of poorly made shatter and wax going around south LA that taste faintly of mouthwash.
That shit is harsh on the lungs man.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Why use mouthwash when you can use rubbing alcohol and *know* that absolutely nothing remains once it evaporates? :o

hempmerican

hempmerican

you can buy the Mite-T-Vac at the Redway Feed and Garden Supply in Redway California

Sorry, I don't believe those vacs could work. I've tried sucking mites off of bamboo stakes and the only way to get em all is to physically knock em off while vacuuming.

M

marihuana

Lol! Yeah that vacuum honestly sounds like a joke. The scenerario he gave as well was if you had 100% control over your environment. Plus I mean its not like they're microbial life... They're a pest not a sign they're healthy. And a fully webbed bud... Your just suppose to suck all the mites out of that! I believe it when you dump a jar of spider mites on a plant and walk me through a 2 month flowering with it. I've seen them completely re web a bud in a night after being sprayed with azamax, or even come out on a bamboo pole 20 minutes after being sprayed with doctor doom. To me it just sounds like a marketing scheme trying to guilt trip you into buying it. The mighty wash is rosemary seed oil based so its not that harsh of a chemical. Also it makes claims you can harvest less than a week after it sprayed. And believe that with an atomizer and regular sprayings and YOU WILL SEE THE RESULTS YOU NEED. solo sprayers work to it just increases the amount of labor you have to put in and the amount you use. If your afraid of smoking then mighty wash then was your buds after you cut them. But I will guarantee my good on the fact that you will be able to get your mites under control.

Trich king

Trich king

I always pre-treat my girls before they hit my flower room with a little azamax! Never had a prob, even when my buddy gave me mites in my momma room, flower room was still mite free.

O

OnlyOrganic

IT'S CALLED MORAL DEPRAVITY. I have tried to help people not poison themselves, their loved ones and their friends, however you all are just too stupid to understand what you are doing with the so called safe shit. So one more time..... anything you put on your buds goes into the resins where it stays until it is burned, vaped or eaten. If you are giving or selling your buds, that you have poisoned, to other people to consume, YOU HAVE POISONED THEM! You are being MORALLY DEPRAVED risking other people's lives for a few bucks more or just an ego trip, either way you are risking not only your health and the health of others but prison time for criminally harming others. No poison has been approved for use on MARIJUANA . This means that if you hurt somebody with your negligence you are going to prison and will lose all that you own to the families that have sued you for wrongful death or serious injury. So why do you want to be so lazy that you all cannot care for your health, life and safety of those that you claim to love. Here's the guilt trip...... You should be ashamed of yourself for giving poisonous shit to the people you claim to love. If you won't even try the system I have laid out for all, totally free, then you are too stupid to live. So go die before you kill somebody, PLEASE.

Trich king

Trich king

That & pre-treating the clone leaves comes nowhere near the end product especially since you'll end up removing them anyway.

P

purpleking

Fuck ME, you're using jalapenos on something you plan to smoke?? I suggest not doing that.

What I do suggest is to go with a combination approach, and it's going to become your new religion. JMS Stylet oil applied every three days smothers them (but not the eggs, and no mites that haven't been hit). A 1:1 mix of water:isopropyl alcohol, again applied every three days. Rosemary oil mixed to 2% (you'll need an emulsifier) applied every three days.

I've got a feeling we could use the term "tenting" and it wouldn't be in the fun way.
Jalapeno spray actually isn't bad for the plants, or any plant. It won't kill mites though, not strong enough. I made habanero spray that DID work. I used a pound of blended habaneros per 1 gallon of water. I used my blender, I took off only the green stem from the habaneros and put them into the blender whole. I added just a little bit of water so they would blend up real fine. After blending the peppers I added a gallon of water to the mix and put it into the fridge. Don't leave it out, it has to go into the refrigerator. It takes 40-48 habaneros to make a pound, on average. Cost me 7 bucks per pound ( per gallon of mix) My next step is to companion grow. I'm waiting on habanero seeds to be delivered so I can grow 1 plant per 6 feet of grow space.

Habanero pre mix
Habanero mix
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's not an issue of the capsaicin being good or bad for plants, or even whether or not it works against spider mites--it's an issue of capsaicin being an oil that tends to stick around, and then the possibility of smoking that oil.

So really, what I would like to know is whether or not you and others have smoked this product that you've treated thusly. My own experience with heating up capsaicin was... basically like tear gas, it drove us all out of the apartment.

Top Bottom