• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi all

I just set up drain to wast.
It a new to me, I was auto pot

I'm using I think 15/20L post 16L sounds familiar.

Medium Coco pro by canna coco
nutrients is: growers ark for coco and for soft water as my tap water is very soft.

I'm not sure what drippes or pump I should use
at the moment I'm using a pump it's 1500 litres hour
I was using 4 litres a hours drippers black ones in the video
But
now if changed them to 8 litre a hour drippers
As the 4 gou4 black ones seemed to be flowing bad even stop flowing.
These new 8 litre a hour I'm using flow ok somtiems a bit spitty like trapped air
The are all prwsure compensate drippers and I have one if then valves to stop the way we returning back to the water butt.

I'm Not sure how long how many times to water for.
Today I had to water with 8 litres a hour drippers on for 15 mins to get run off ad the pots are a tad dry. The where only potted up 3 days ago

My plan is now I got run off try to dial in freezing times by slowelly dropping baxk the amount of time the ounos on for as it's 15 mins so far, I'm not sure what to to
Few a nice or rice a day or more .
I'm sure it's math for it I'm to lazy to look

They been fed as chart says 1.4e.c the I tried 1.6
Now today 1.0 e.c as they looking a tad pissed especially 3 of the smaller plants

10 plants 10 drippers it is

I have a feeling I need a bigger pino 2000/2500 litre a hour?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

you might have issues with those drippers not evenly watering the coco and building up salts. the rings or halos work better and the large pots also benefit from a wetting agent like yucca.
aside from that a 15 - 20 litre pot would do well to be watered 3 times a day. you could do less but if you have automated watering then definitely 3 with run off everytime
I would recommend feeding at 1.2EC. youll find it maintains a stable EC better and you wont run high and burn the shit out of your plants. If your run off EC is coming out very low then you could raise it a bit but Ive never really encounterd the need to go above 1.2-1.3

Last edited:
Ph 007

Ph 007

you might have issues with those drippers not evenly watering the coco and building up salts. the rings or halos work better and the large pots also benefit from a wetting agent like yucca.
aside from that a 15 - 20 litre pot would do well to be watered 3 times a day. you could do less but if you have automated watering then definitely 3 with run off everytime
I would recommend feeding at 1.2EC. youll find it maintains a stable EC better and you wont run high and burn the shit out of your plants. If your run off EC is coming out very low then you could raise it a bit but Ive never really encounterd the need to go above 1.2-1.3
I did look at rings or something else but rushed and went for drippers was excited to get my bee setup going lol.

I'm trying not to wast to much water and feed. Now my pot is wet I should get away with less wetter now if I water twice a day or 3 times.

It's all automated feed 🤗

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

yeah its important to water the coco evenly. I prefer to use 30% perlite in a 20 litre pot. it adds better oxygen and drainage but you might have to add an extra watering cycle. ideally you never want to go below 90% saturation. This will keep your EC stable and your plants wont need to adapt to fluctuating EC levels. Always monitor the EC of your run off and if starts getting more than 0.3 higher than your input then you probably need an extra watering cycle. anything above that you will need to flush and you should avoid that unless you have to.
Its a bit of a fuck around getting the timing of the pump to deliver the right amount of water each cycle but once you do its easy.
i put a valve on each line so i can tweak each one. I only have 4 pots on a pump so its not so bad

Ph 007

Ph 007

yeah its important to water the coco evenly. I prefer to use 30% perlite in a 20 litre pot. it adds better oxygen and drainage but you might have to add an extra watering cycle. ideally you never want to go below 90% saturation. This will keep your EC stable and your plants wont need to adapt to fluctuating EC levels. Always monitor the EC of your run off and if starts getting more than 0.3 higher than your input then you probably need an extra watering cycle. anything above that you will need to flush and you should avoid that unless you have to.
Its a bit of a fuck around getting the timing of the pump to deliver the right amount of water each cycle but once you do its easy.
i put a valve on each line so i can tweak each one. I only have 4 pots on a pump so its not so bad
I am waiting for a way we drain brain time to I can connect it and check run off, at the moment it's going straight out the drain.

If done just that with these i out about 30% perlite in .

I will be setting up the feed timber later for 3 times a day, I'm on 18 hours at the moment.

I plant to watwr lights in then in middle of the 18 hours then 1 hour before lights off what u think ?

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

so youll start with once a day for young plants and then add a cycle as they mature.
youll know when you need to add a cycle because your run off EC will start going up.
ideally the run off EC should stay close to the input EC
first cycle is at lights on and the second about 10 hours later
for 3 watering events it will be lights on and then about 7 hours later and then another 7 hours after that.
you have to catch the run off to monitor this because the run off EC tells you whats going on. if your putting in 1.2 EC and 1.4 - 1.5 is coming out then the time between waterings is becoming too long and you need an extra cycle. if its higher than that your gonna run into trouble soon because once salts start building up they can build up very quick.
you should be good with those big pots. smaller pots are better but more tricky and need many watering cycles. its a good idea to get some experience first before you try grow big plants in small pots

Ph 007

Ph 007

so youll start with once a day for young plants and then add a cycle as they mature.
youll know when you need to add a cycle because your run off EC will start going up.
ideally the run off EC should stay close to the input EC
first cycle is at lights on and the second about 10 hours later
for 3 watering events it will be lights on and then about 7 hours later and then another 7 hours after that.
you have to catch the run off to monitor this because the run off EC tells you whats going on. if your putting in 1.2 EC and 1.4 - 1.5 is coming out then the time between waterings is becoming too long and you need an extra cycle. if its higher than that your gonna run into trouble soon because once salts start building up they can build up very quick.
you should be good with those big pots. smaller pots are better but more tricky and need many watering cycles. its a good idea to get some experience first before you try grow big plants in small pots
Thanks

bullfrog13

bullfrog13

theres a website called cocoforcannabis.com its one of the best resources on the web for understanding the whole growing in coco practice. I cant recommend it highly enough. you should read every page of it

Ph 007

Ph 007

theres a website called cocoforcannabis.com its one of the best resources on the web for understanding the whole growing in coco practice. I cant recommend it highly enough. you should read every page of it
Thanks always wanting to learn more, I'll check it out later

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Take a look at netafim netbow drippers, pretty nice arch drippers and the 120mm ones will evenly water your 16L pots.

A 60 or 80 psi seaflo pump will do the job nicely for your 10pots. They aren't true 60/80 psi tho but for 10 pots they will work make sure to make tight strong fittings to prevent leakage and lines "explosions" LOL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom