I Need Help...first Grow..

• Thread starter Sem0725
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sem0725

Sem0725

Hello,
This is my first grow, and I'm growing to produce RSO oil to help a family member with cancer, we'll needless to say...this has not been as easy as I thought. I have read every book I could get my hands on, internet information does anything at all and I'm still having trouble. I watched many tutorials online telling me how to germinate seeds I tried two methods first method I tried does the wet paper towel my seeds sprouted and then I planted them in Ocean's Forest potting soil waited and waited and nothing happened no sprouts So here's what I did I went to the hydro shop in my area to seek advice I guess I expected them to know what they were talking about however they told me the reason I seeds did not sprout was because I terminated them and then put them in highly fertilized soil and the guy said it was like Drop kicking a baby in the head, he told me to try with new seeds aND soak them in a cup of water then put them in the paper towel and then put them in rock wool cubes, he said once they sprout that I should keep them in a hydro dome, he said they could survive in the rock wool cube even with no nutrients for a long time, so I did what he said, THE SEEDS SPROUTED, I WAS SO EXCITED!! so I continued to watch them everyday,( I forgot to tell you that one of my seeds I planted in soil did sprout) (also should mention by this point I had planted over 60 seeds to only have 8 sprout) so they were looking really good I was watering them when they got dry. then I noticed that 2 of them had started getting, I guess there third leaves, witch was exciting, the others didn't seem to be progressing, so I thought I would switch the lights to CFL, I was using a 300 watt led full spectrum grow light, but I couldn't find a straight answer on the distance to keep them away, so I read to keep CFL 2 inches away I did this, and fried 3 of my seedlings instantly, devastating...then I noticed my to sprouts that had grown the third leaves that were looking so beautiful had now started turning lime green and looking sickly, so i planted them with the rock wool cube they were in, in there new growing medium, this time I used happy frog,however the main leaves are definitely curly and shriveling up still, one worse then the other, also by this time I had lost another sprout, just lied on me, and remember the one I said did sprout into the soul, we'll that one is looking super healthy, very deep rich green leaves, however the leaves are weird shaped they look wider and kind of like there are thumbs attachedown to them,but there third leaves haven't even started yet, so I'm wondering if they ever will, so now I'm down to one really green and healthy weird shaped 2 leaf seedling, one lime green shriveled up main leaves 4 leaf seedling, and one starting to turn lime green seedling, I only have three left, and I'm so scared there not going to make it my sisters life depends on my success in this, it is not legal to grow cannibus where I am from and I'm risking everything to do this, I have all the equipment tents ventilation, 3 different kinds of lights, as of now I'm back using the led 300 watt but if I ever make it to flowering I'm going to switch over to my 1000 watt HAS. Can anybody help me, I need any guidance or advice you have to offer, please..I have to make this work, I didn't know where else to turn, thank you for reading my lengthy story, and God bless, also I'm going to try to upload some pictured of the sprouts so you will see what I mean

I need helpfirst grow
I need helpfirst grow 2
I need helpfirst grow 3
Wildill

Wildill

Are you checking the PH of your water? Since your soil already has nutes I would feed them plain ph water with super thrive or B1 thrive Alvie seed germation is always tricky

Sem0725

Sem0725

Are you checking the PH of your water? Since your soil already has nutes I would feed them plain ph water with super thrive or B1 thrive Alvie seed germation is always tricky
Yes I have made sure the ph was 7 every time and I have been doing the super thrive every other watering and seaweed extract

Sem0725

Sem0725

Why do you think the healthy seedling hasn't gotten its next set of leaves like the others?

Paul Simon

Paul Simon

A few tips for seedlings: they wont need anything other than plain water for at least the first 10 days. As stated above keep the pH around 6.2-6.5.

Give us a little more info on your LED (brand and model) and we can give you a decent recomendation on how far away to place the light.

SeedyGirl

SeedyGirl

What I do.
Sprout in cup of water. Plant in Seed warrior soil w plain filtered ph water. If creating mother or using dirt (I keep mothers in dirt).
If popping in DWC or something Like it use rock wool cube w H2O (same as above) maybe root excelerator at an tenth of suggested on bottle.
To try to save what u got going on
Less is more. It looks very wet maybe it's over watered. Let it dryout a bit then water with a tenth of suggested dose of b1 thrive or just plain water. And nothing else. the soil its it is in has lots of nutes and could be stunting growth n burning the plants. Should be used more for veg soil. But u can save them.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I seriously just popped 100 seeds straight in to ocean forest and 100 popped and 100 survived .

What kind of seeds do you have. How old are they ? Where did they come from?
I fill my cups with dirt and wet it pretty good them I scratch a tiny bit like pinky nail deep and drop the beam in and just cover with dirt do not pack it and keep wet

Sem0725

Sem0725

I seriously just popped 100 seeds straight in to ocean forest and 100 popped and 100 survived .

What kind of seeds do you have. How old are they ? Where did they come from?
I fill my cups with dirt and wet it pretty good them I scratch a tiny bit like pinky nail deep and drop the beam in and just cover with dirt do not pack it and keep wet
I'm glad you asked about the seeds, I ordered some feminized big bud seeds from cannibus ministry and some xxx feminized seeds. I soaked them in a glass of water for 24 hours and 2 0f the four cracked, then I put them in a paper towel for another 24 hours, the 2 big bud seeds had tails, nothing from the other, so I planted them in ocean forest just barely beneath the soil and nothing, a friend of mine then brought me over a bag of maybe 75 seeds, she said they were acopoco gold and og Cush, so I did the same method as before, except this time almost all of them cracked, I planted half of them in the soil and the other half in rock wool, ok so out of All of the ones I planted in soil, only one sprouted the other 6 sprouted in the rock wool, the guy said at the hydro shop to leave the rock wool seedlings inn the hydro dome until roots were coming out the bottom and to just spray them daily, they were looking great then all the sudden the ones in the rock wood started fading to a lime green color, I knew it was from lack of nutrients so I got them in a soil medium with nutrients, because I know nothing of hydroponics, the one in the soil is thriving though, rich and green however it's only grown the 2 leaves and it doesn't look like any of the other will make it, possibly one may, I contacted the seed ministry and they said that would replace my seeds so I will get another shot, I can't fail,

Sem0725

Sem0725

A few tips for seedlings: they wont need anything other than plain water for at least the first 10 days. As stated above keep the pH around 6.2-6.5.

Give us a little more info on your LED (brand and model) and we can give you a decent recomendation on how far away to place the light.
Viparspectra 300 watt led full spectrum

Natural

Natural

they got burnt up from the ocean forest. use light warrior or straight pro-mix with no food. seedlings won't need anything but tap water till they get true leaves and a root system..even then keep it super light.
rockwool need to have a very low ph around 5.8 and needs to be soaked in low ph at the onset. It's difficult to go from wool to peat as the ph needs to be kept low until root system gets into the peat well.
just go with inert peat like pro-mix or light warrior..then after they get sets of true leaves add in super light nutes 1/4 strength or less

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Its
they got burnt up from the ocean forest. use light warrior or straight pro-mix with no food. seedlings won't need anything but tap water till they get true leaves and a root system..even then keep it super light.
rockwool need to have a very low ph around 5.8 and needs to be soaked in low ph at the onset. It's difficult to go from wool to peat as the ph needs to be kept low until root system gets into the peat well.
just go with inert peat like pro-mix or light warrior..then after they get sets of true leaves add in super light nutes 1/4 strength or less
its not the O F.

Natural

Natural

Its

its not the O F.
let me guess..you start seedlings in OF? Something I would never do..but each to his own. How would you know if there's a hot spot that didn't get mixed well?
Anyway..starting seeds should be simple and easy..I like inert peat with tap for at least the first week or two.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I use jiffy rooting plugs, you just soak them in water and place the seeds on top and then gently squeeze to cover the seed. Then you just keep them moist until the seeds come up and put them in a cup with soil or whatever you grow in. I get near 100% germ rate this way.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I soak my seeds in water tell they open then in to paper towl keep it moist and in a tupaware tell I got about 1/4 in tall then in to a solo cup or some times right in to a 3-5g planter

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
well, that proves that it can be done. still think it's a bit hot for seedlings.
how about explaining your water and ph for her sake?
I'm not a fan of FFOF too much a control freak..and that shit comes with bugs too often. Some love it some hate it.
Straight outta the tap no ph reading my water swings from7.4 to just below 6 sometimes no food for 3 weeks
20161102 181154

Top Bottom