Is it doing good on 4 week flowering or going bad

• Good

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Well completely no one i can ask about these kind of things thats why i posted here

Am thinking just water them and stop feeding do u think it’s right?

You can ask @jumpincactus , @MirrorZen , or @justiceman , they're all very qualified to help you.

I think asking if your grow is good or bad isn't going to get you the right answer because it's somewhere in between. I personally think that you getting this far in your first indoor grow with as much of a yield as you have is pretty friggin good. However, I think you are giving them way too strong of fertilizers with the wrong NPK levels. I don't recommend you stop feeding them all together but as everyone had told you, you should flush and stop the fertilizers you are currently using. I don't know what the best products are to bring your pH down since I've never done it before on my own plants. There is an endless number of plant nutrient (fertilizers/food) that you can use that will work excellently. I use Fox Farm - Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Beastie Bloomz and Avanced Nutrients Cal/Mag when I can afford them all. But again, I'm an outdoor grower so how I feed my plants and how much I use may be completely different than what you need.

The best way to get help on this forum is to #1 introduce yourself (on the "introduce yourself" thread) #2 post your questions and pictures in either "General Indoor Growing" or "Nutrients and Fertilizers". I think this is the wrong forum heading for your questions. When you post in the right forum there are knowledgeable people who read the posts and are waiting to help in that specific part of the forum. Or ask a moderator to move this to the most appropriate part of the forum. It is probably best just to let this thread go and post a new one in the right part of the forum, and I wouldn't post a survey question on whether your grow is "good or bad" because it isn't going to give you any useful answers, at least not from anyone that you'd want a response from.

Good luck man and good growing. I've made my suggestions and won't respond to this thread again.

Last edited:
justiceman

justiceman

Hello am new here , i growed marijuana plant so i will tell u briefly about what i did so u can give me some answers , i growed them for two month they were tall about 1 meter (3 foot ) size ,was using the ph 7.5 water , 40-10- 10 NBK nutrients ,so when i started the flowering method i used bicoZine something that boost the plant that The shop gaved me ,nutrition when flowering 9-40-10 nutrients (12/12 time )
Humidity 40% temperatures 23ć
This is the 4 week and it didn’t do much i can see the white hair and the buds isn’t big at all ( am using 400 W light )
So what do u think is happening with me here did i fail in growing it or its normal it takes time , i read in some fourms that it should have to be done in 8 weeks
Sorry guys for bad english . Will upl
For your first grow you are doing well given the limits of your grow set up environment. It looks like the 400w worth of light is a sparsely placed mix of CFL lights and a 250w hps? They look a bit overfed. This is an important tip I'd like you to keep in mind whenever something happens during a grow. It's important to identify what is happening but it is equally important to figure out WHY it's happening. I believe they are overfed because the light intensity is not great enough for them to utilize the amount of food they were given. I would cut down the nutrient dosage, or if they are in soil I would go plain water for at least a week or so. Less is more in terms of nutrients. I'm always willing to take a hit in the yield department for a better quality smoke.

You definitely have not failed. 8 weeks is about the fastest a plant can finish and that's in ideal conditions with the right strains. I would look up the strains you have on google and see what the breeders say about finishing time. If you can't find the information I'd says generally 9 weeks is an average finish time for many hybrids. In my opinion the average grower should add at least a week or so to the breeders finish time to account for the lack of ideal conditions. Keep it up! :smoking:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@John546 @SmithsJunk gave you a great suggestion. This isn't the right place for your required assistance. I will move you to the nutrients forum. You may get better responses/help there.

And as SJ mentioned he is a entirely different animule as he is an outdoor guy and his microherd and the soil do a lot for his girls and what he does or suggests may not work as well indoors. Don't get me wrong SJ is knowledgeable but he is in different terrain than you.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
As @Mr Bee mentioned you want your final feed water between 6.3 and 6.5 in soil. You said 7 ish water but never mentioned if you adjust before feeding. Always mix nutrients and stir well let sit for 30 mins stir again then test your Ph. make any adjustments then proceed with watering and or feeding.

Best suggestion I can make is don't get caught up in the thinking that you can force feed your way to big buds. That is entirely strain/genetics dependent, also environment grown in and canopy management techniques and training. There is a lot more you can provide but this is a good place to start.

When in need of help always include your environment parameters such as lighting, temperatures at canopy, RH of groom, day and night temps, types of and frequency of feed versus watering. Share what soil your using. Get your self a good scope or jeweler's loupe for pest and trichome inspection. And also what your feeding Ph is when you feed.

In addition its always better to ID issues when pics are taken under better lighting. HPS and LED skews the real life coloration and its tough to ID issues under these types of light. For pictures take under MH, T5's or any good CFL bulb will render a better picture so the fellas here can help.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

As @Mr Bee mentioned you want your final feed water between 6.3 and 6.5 in soil. You said 7 ish water but never mentioned if you adjust before feeding. Always mix nutrients and stir well let sit for 30 mins stir again then test your Ph. make any adjustments then proceed with watering and or feeding.

Best suggestion I can make is don't get caught up in the thinking that you can force feed your way to big buds. That is entirely strain/genetics dependent, also environment grown in and canopy management techniques and training. There is a lot more you can provide but this is a good place to start.

When in need of help always include your environment parameters such as lighting, temperatures at canopy, RH of groom, day and night temps, types of and frequency of feed versus watering. Share what soil your using. Get your self a good scope or jeweler's loupe for pest and trichome inspection. And also what your feeding Ph is when you feed.

In addition its always better to ID issues when pics are taken under better lighting. HPS and LED skews the real life coloration and its tough to ID issues under these types of light. For pictures take under MH, T5's or any good CFL bulb will render a better picture so the fellas here can help.

Excellent advice, I agree 100%. I take no offense at you taking the reigns on this one. Thank you. You and I agree, not my cup-o-tea, at least not yet. I try to be careful even advising on outdoor unless it's something very common with obvious answers. Even still, I have a long way to go before I can identify nutrient problems with any accuracy. I haven't gotten my own plants dialed in yet this year. I posted that in my first comment and was just sharing my sympathy for his situation. But I deleted that post after a more careful inspection of his pics made me realise our girls were not suffering from the same nutrient issues. I do stand by my observation of possible spider mite damage I mention in my first (deleted) comment. As you stated, he needs to be under better (white) lighting and have slightly clearer pics for anyone to make a more qualified assessment.

(I know I said I wouldn't respond again, but I meant that for the purpose of not giving anymore advice to him than that last post)

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Bro you don't have to explain yourself. its all good brother. We all learn together as we go. I'm still learnin and it has been more than a few decades man. :D The learning stops when we can no longer stand and suck air. :(

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

see?this is why i love these forums.a newbie grower can come on and get direct guidance from people with years of experience and a genuine passion for growing good shit.

John546

John546

Okay
So first of all thanks for the help
Second thing
Well if u put the solution in steps i will be more happy i found the form is very helpful unlike others so thats a plus ..unfortunately my 70% is good but not that good to understand shortcuts maybe I don’t know
Tmw i will provide u a pic without led light and without hps 400
But still after reading is my problem only in ph ,?
I thought it have toxcity or something like that because of burned leaves ..

What to adjust before feeding exactly ??
Room temp 24 when the lights on when off 23c
Humdity 40 on
Off 50%
I water them day after day and some times every three days
I use lavaro soil that is the best in our country
About the pictures its really hard to take a pic since it isn’t allowed in the country , and phones under surveillance thats what they said , but after what happened with the plants i said okay i have to do something i will not watch them fail ..
What i did now is i stopped feeding there thats the forth day just am watering them i will be doing that till the 10 day , and am gonna give them less amount of nutrients + there some plants have a shade i will redesign the room again so all have lights
Ph I don’t know how to measure it so i will try to search and buy the diameter if they have ..but if i found the ph high? How to reduce it is there a way to do that ..plus don’t tell buy a thing online since it will take 30 day to deliver it to my house because i ready tried and if i have to wait 30 it will be dead till that lol

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Okay
So first of all thanks for the help
Second thing
Well if u put the solution in steps i will be more happy i found the form is very helpful unlike others so thats a plus ..unfortunately my 70% is good but not that good to understand shortcuts maybe I don’t know
Tmw i will provide u a pic without led light and without hps 400
But still after reading is my problem only in ph ,?
I thought it have toxcity or something like that because of burned leaves ..

What to adjust before feeding exactly ??
Room temp 24 when the lights on when off 23c
Humdity 40 on
Off 50%
I water them day after day and some times every three days
I use lavaro soil that is the best in our country
About the pictures its really hard to take a pic since it isn’t allowed in the country , and phones under surveillance thats what they said , but after what happened with the plants i said okay i have to do something i will not watch them fail ..
What i did now is i stopped feeding there thats the forth day just am watering them i will be doing that till the 10 day , and am gonna give them less amount of nutrients + there some plants have a shade i will redesign the room again so all have lights
Ph I don’t know how to measure it so i will try to search and buy the diameter if they have ..but if i found the ph high? How to reduce it is there a way to do that ..plus don’t tell buy a thing online since it will take 30 day to deliver it to my house because i ready tried and if i have to wait 30 it will be dead till that lol

Wow, that's rough brother. I had a feeling you wouldn't have easy access to all the top nutrients as we do judging by the fertilizers you're using. I think it would help you (for your future grows) to check around the forum for the people using no till teqniques and who make their own fertilizers using grains, sugars, compost, and other readily available foodstuffs and naturally occurring microbes. Some of the guys buy nothing premade and have some of the most amazing grows. My heart and prayers go out to you and hope that someday soon you can experience the freedom that many of us enjoy. This is the first year that anyone in my state can grow up to six plants 100% legal under state law and we've been able to grow for medical purposes since 1996. But I'm old enough to remember the police raids of friends houses and ridiculous jail sentences for the growing and use of such a benign plant. Though I have never experienced any widesweeping surveillance that I know of.

You be careful, ok.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

see?this is why i love these forums.a newbie grower can come on and get direct guidance from people with years of experience and a genuine passion for growing good shit.

I agree Bee. This site has helped me in some many ways for my first grow in 20 years. It’s light years ahead of when I grew, back then CO2 was the big new thing for indoors. Haha
I’ve been able to look for early signs of issues and fix before it’s a problem. Felt like I’ve been ahead of the game, still early only in 2 week of flower but lovin every minute!
Thanks for all the guidance, Jump, SJ and HB have been more than helpful.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

you have been a huge contributor yourself Mr Bee you input is always appreciated.:D thank you for all you do here.

Just found out my prob wasn't nutes it was broad mites the Feds are dumping on the scotch broom around my area.

John546

John546

Wow, that's rough brother. I had a feeling you wouldn't have easy access to all the top nutrients as we do judging by the fertilizers you're using. I think it would help you (for your future grows) to check around the forum for the people using no till teqniques and who make their own fertilizers using grains, sugars, compost, and other readily available foodstuffs and naturally occurring microbes. Some of the guys buy nothing premade and have some of the most amazing grows. My heart and prayers go out to you and hope that someday soon you can experience the freedom that many of us enjoy. This is the first year that anyone in my state can grow up to six plants 100% legal under state law and we've been able to grow for medical purposes since 1996. But I'm old enough to remember the police raids of friends houses and ridiculous jail sentences for the growing and use of such a benign plant. Though I have never experienced any widesweeping surveillance that I know of.

You be careful, ok.

Am trying to be careful with it
No one knows about it
We have been buying it for a lot of money they are using us because it’s illegal , any ways what am trying to say this is the only one the i can do every year , if u wanna know the details about what am doing
I rented a house costing 5000$ for 5 months , i have expenses about 3000$
And now she isn’t doing big buds or what ever its not that big at all i did everything in steps without asking... just using the internet am watching them now hoping to get bigger i flushed them this is third time since friday am waitingfor their reaction if will do their best or will fall off

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Am trying to be careful with it
No one knows about it
We have been buying it for a lot of money they are using us because it’s illegal , any ways what am trying to say this is the only one the i can do every year , if u wanna know the details about what am doing
I rented a house costing 5000$ for 5 months , i have expenses about 3000$
And now she isn’t doing big buds or what ever its not that big at all i did everything in steps without asking... just using the internet am watching them now hoping to get bigger i flushed them this is third time since friday am waitingfor their reaction if will do their best or will fall off

I'm following you because you're interesting. I used to support an organisation that sneaks Bibles into countries with oppressive governments, and I have a gay cousin who used to live in a country with his boyfriernd where the penalty if they were caught was death or life in prison. I understand oppressive regimes and I find the people who stand up to them both openly and covertly, very inspiring. Also, even though our states made laws that make cannabis legal our federal government doesn't respect those laws and still comes after us. So, in a way we live in an oppressive country and it's getting worse when it should be getting better.

That brings me to my next point. When I first answered your post I wrote that my plants had some similarities to yours. I found out today I have broad mites and it wasn't a nutrient problem directly. Broad mites are extremely small and even hard to see under a powerful magnifier. If you have a 60x magnified, good light, and good eyesight, you will barely be able to see them. But you will be able to see enough to know they're moving and their basic shape. I recommend at least a 100x magnifier if you want to make sure you can identify them for certain. The ones I saw on my plants look kind of like tiny sesame seeds and are extremely fast compared to the much bigger spider mites. I also found out today that my government is the one dropping the mites from low flying planes over my home to destroy a type of plant called the scotch broom. The Scotch broom makes our forest fires worse because of how it multiplies and it's flamability. I'm sure the government also knows these mites destroy cannabis and are using them to spite us for our state standing up against them our rights to grow and use marijuana. Instead of busting us, they kill our plants. Pretty smart actually.

Either way, the parts of my plants that are effected do look a lot like yours. Broad mites could cause all the problems you are experiencing and you'd never know it. I do pest inspections on my girls daily using a magnifier and I completey missed them. Trying to figure out what I was doing wrong was very frustrating and am very relieved now that I know I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I figured I'd throw that idea out there for you. I doesnt cost much if anything to inspect them and it's good to be sure before spending a ton of money on new fertilizers.

John546

John546

I'm following you because you're interesting. I used to support an organisation that sneaks Bibles into countries with oppressive governments, and I have a gay cousin who used to live in a country with his boyfriernd where the penalty if they were caught was death or life in prison. I understand oppressive regimes and I find the people who stand up to them both openly and covertly, very inspiring. Also, even though our states made laws that make cannabis legal our federal government doesn't respect those laws and still comes after us. So, in a way we live in an oppressive country and it's getting worse when it should be getting better.

That brings me to my next point. When I first answered your post I wrote that my plants had some similarities to yours. I found out today I have broad mites and it wasn't a nutrient problem directly. Broad mites are extremely small and even hard to see under a powerful magnifier. If you have a 60x magnified, good light, and good eyesight, you will barely be able to see them. But you will be able to see enough to know they're moving and their basic shape. I recommend at least a 100x magnifier if you want to make sure you can identify them for certain. The ones I saw on my plants look kind of like tiny sesame seeds and are extremely fast compared to the much bigger spider mites. I also found out today that my government is the one dropping the mites from low flying planes over my home to destroy a type of plant called the scotch broom. The Scotch broom makes our forest fires worse because of how it multiplies and it's flamability. I'm sure the government also knows these mites destroy cannabis and are using them to spite us for our state standing up against them our rights to grow and use marijuana. Instead of busting us, they kill our plants. Pretty smart actually.

Either way, the parts of my plants that are effected do look a lot like yours. Broad mites could cause all the problems you are experiencing and you'd never know it. I do pest inspections on my girls daily using a magnifier and I completey missed them. Trying to figure out what I was doing wrong was very frustrating and am very relieved now that I know I wasn't doing anything wrong.

I figured I'd throw that idea out there for you. I doesnt cost much if anything to inspect them and it's good to be sure before spending a ton of money on new fertilizer

Well i think i did something wrong to it
Maybe ,government won’t drop anything what will they do is getting them and sell them ..
What i did till now is I watered them a bit more than usual + And some of them got bigger buds and others stayed the same + i visited a store yesterday to get them mg and iron do u agree that would help me ..here is a new pic for the girls

John546

John546

So now what ? What i have to do lol
Am lost i cut the nutrient 6 days ago and am watering them only

John546

John546

I had a idea to put more light so tmw am buying another 400 hps so they will be 5 in the room and will stop watering till they soil have no water ..

Top Bottom