adrianyourface

adrianyourface

I need help identifying bugs

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Are they good or bad thooo 😆
your video didn’t work for me, might of been my fault..
i don’t know my bugs well enough to help you, other than spraying the whole plant with hydrogen peroxide at 6/7% strength, but after that i don’t know without looking it up.
someone here will definitely know and help out, just hang out for a bit.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I don't know what they are, but I do not like the way they're all lined up on that midrib. On the other hand, they're fast, and people say fast bugs are usually predators. But still, they're lined up on that fucking midrib, and I don't think they're just leaning on it.

adrianyourface

adrianyourface

I don't know what they are, but I do not like the way they're all lined up on that midrib. On the other hand, they're fast, and people say fast bugs are usually predators. But still, they're lined up on that fucking midrib, and I don't think they're just leaning on it.
That was the first time I've seen them on a leaf like that! I clipped the leaf off and trashed it. It didn't sit right with me either.

plantlover84

plantlover84

Hey there! So yes those are 100% spider mites. But no need to stress, they aren't too bad to get rid of. So first things first, we want to make their environment less habitable, so they don't continue to reproduce. as soon as you can, spray the plant with water. if it's outside, use the garden hose. If it's inside and you can toss it in the shower, do that. Spider mites hate water, so get on that ASAP. Next, you need a spray to actually kill those bad boys. You could go to the store and purchase an insecticide, or make your own. If you buy one, be careful if you own cats or fish. Most store-bought insecticides contain pyrethrin, which is super toxic to them. If you own a dog no need to worry, they are fine around this compound. Anyways, for a homemade insecticide, I love the one in this article: https://www.grobo.io/blogs/growing/what-is-deep-water-culture. You can purchase all the ingredients locally or from amazon, I've used it several times with great success (I own over 200 houseplants.. this is my go-to spray!) Anyways, best of luck! and feel free to ask me any other questions :)

adrianyourface

adrianyourface

Hey there! So yes those are 100% spider mites. But no need to stress, they aren't too bad to get rid of. So first things first, we want to make their environment less habitable, so they don't continue to reproduce. as soon as you can, spray the plant with water. if it's outside, use the garden hose. If it's inside and you can toss it in the shower, do that. Spider mites hate water, so get on that ASAP. Next, you need a spray to actually kill those bad boys. You could go to the store and purchase an insecticide, or make your own. If you buy one, be careful if you own cats or fish. Most store-bought insecticides contain pyrethrin, which is super toxic to them. If you own a dog no need to worry, they are fine around this compound. Anyways, for a homemade insecticide, I love the one in this article: https://www.grobo.io/blogs/growing/what-is-deep-water-culture. You can purchase all the ingredients locally or from amazon, I've used it several times with great success (I own over 200 houseplants.. this is my go-to spray!) Anyways, best of luck! and feel free to ask me any other questions :)
Thank you so much!! That's not what i wanted to hear but you know, stuff happens. The plants are in a tent in my room and I do also have a cat so i don't think I'll be using pyrethrin. The mites are all over the soil, should i just scrap then at this point??

adrianyourface

adrianyourface

I know I'm not one to ask because i don't know how to identify pests but are you 200% sure they are spider mites? The video someone posted above you shows Hypoaspis miles which have a striking resemblance to the ones in my soil.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
than just wait for a few of the same answers and at the same time google marijuana pest insects.. spider mites.. etc.. between both you should have your answer

adrianyourface

adrianyourface

than just wait for a few of the same answers and at the same time google marijuana pest insects.. spider mites.. etc.. between both you should have your answer
I've been doing that for the last 2 days lol. I've narrowed them down to either Hypoaspis miles, root aphids, or spider mites. They look very similar to Hypoaspis miles though at least that's what I'm hoping 🤞. I'm very thankful for everyone's help tho!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I've been doing that for the last 2 days lol. I've narrowed them down to either Hypoaspis miles, root aphids, or spider mites. They look very similar to Hypoaspis miles though at least that's what I'm hoping 🤞. I'm very thankful for everyone's help tho!!
oh sorry, didn’t mean anything bad from it. just thinking your there and can see them close up.. well hopefully we get this figured out..
i would suggest doing what @plantlover84 said by taking them into shower just cover the soil so you don’t soak that, and clean up the tent, even use a vacuum or something to at least lessen the amount of them.
and than your ready for a treatment and there maybe more replies here for you..

adrianyourface

adrianyourface

oh sorry, didn’t mean anything bad from it. just thinking your there and can see them close up.. well hopefully we get this figured out..
i would suggest doing what @plantlover84 said by taking them into shower just cover the soil so you don’t soak that, and clean up the tent, even use a vacuum or something to at least lessen the amount of them.
and than your ready for a treatment and there maybe more replies here for you..
You're reply was fine, i was just letting you know that I've been trying to identify them for a bit. @plantlover84 gave me some good advice and you have too. This is my first grow and the first time I've had bugs like this. First time posting on a forum too lol.

Madbud

Madbud

Never had spider mites but i heard they like the canopy, not the soil, plus they come in colors.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Look like good bugs to me but inspect for webbing on your leaf margins. Are the mites only in the soil?

Top Bottom