I Need Help My Purple Outdoor Growers?

• Thread starter Paperchase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Paperchase

Paperchase

Having a hard time trying to pick out a gud outdoor purple strain read about a few they all sound gud but I can only grow a few anyone got ideas past experience that can help me out ?

M

Mitygrows

Don't grow purple outside.it gets bud rot bad I grew purple cadillac last year over half had to be tossed

Paperchase

Paperchase

Don't grow purple outside.it gets bud rot bad I grew purple cadillac last year over half had to be tossed
Dang was u getting bad weather something ? I just wat to add sum purple to the stash this year .

sonoragold

sonoragold

I don't think the color of the bud has anything to do with bud rot,,,anyhow anytime your growing outside be shure to use green cure to prevent it. If you can get a real cut of granddaddy purple it does really well outdoors..another top strain would be purple grape stomper..a lot of pure indicas will turn purple given the right conditions.

Sailor Jerry

Sailor Jerry

I have grown Cannaventures purple berry BX indoors and it is the most purple plant Ive ever seen. I will be growng clones of it this year outdoors in northern Michigan.

I tried to grow it a couple years ago outdoors but when I was vegging them indoors, I foolishly accepted a clone from a friend and It had powdery mildew. PM infested my grow room. So I Killed anything that had PM and the Purpleberry didn't make it.

I cleaned and sterilized my room and Got my shit back together and the Purpleberry was a turd of a plant to grow. It was a slow vegger and Really lagged behind the others in my DTW 4'x10' coco bed. Everything else came out beautifully but the PB showed signs of calcium deficiency the entire grow. I couldnt get it dialed in because the Bhodi's Blueberry Hill, I was growing was loving my nute formula.

I noticed The PB was in a dark spot between two of my lights. I ran 3 liquid cooled 1000w hps, end to end over my table. and there wasnt much overlap in the footprint my lights were throwing. The lack of overlap between my reflectors may have been a significant reason why the PB under-performed.

But anyways the PB at harvest was really beautifully purple. the entire buds were purple and full of resin and pretty dense. It had an afghani/indica structure and finished promptly at 8 weeks. It had a mellow indica buzz that did not appeal to me. (I like the racy sativas)Smell was mild and taste was nothing to write home about. But ill be damned if everyone who saw it went crazy over its PURPLE color. I'm talking crown royal bag purple. not just the leaves when the bud gets cold. but solid purple. It almost looked black in the grinder.

I wish I had some pics to show how it looked. a bunch of people have posted about PB here. I think caregiver ken rocked it outdoors and had a discussion about it here, on the forum.

Paperchase

Paperchase

Thats nice I just want to add sum flavor to the stash and plus I never grown purple before .

jaredman

jaredman

Green cure is the biggest waste of money ever. Read the ingredients, it's baking soda. Works great though but so does baking soda 1tbsp per gallon with surfactant ie soap three drops per gallon. As far as purple strains try some purple kush or grape ape. I'm gonna try a little animal cookies for some purp myself

Top Bottom