I Need Help Please With This Leaf Issue!!

• Thread starter Hdinkleman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hdinkleman

the medium- soilless canna terra pro plus (hydroponic medium)
the plant- nirvana original glue
the pot-10 gallon smart pot
-
the nutes- bio canna line of nutes

whats this discoloration? im in coco basically so any coco growers got some suggestions?
its the plant on the left in the oictures with two plants

I need help please with this leaf issue
I need help please with this leaf issue 2
I need help please with this leaf issue 3
I need help please with this leaf issue 4
I need help please with this leaf issue 5

H

Hdinkleman

oh yeah my water is tap water i bubble for at least 48 hours to get the chlorine out, is this possibly a micronutrient defeincy? not finding out what is it?

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Unless my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, they just look a little hungry.

What's your water's pH and PPM/EC ? Before and after nutes.

H

Hdinkleman

Unless my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, they just look a little hungry.

What's your water's pH and PPM/EC ? Before and after nutes.
water ph is 7.3, after nutes i ph it to 6.0 ( im growing in soilless hydro )
tds is something arpund 600-700 havent checked it for awhile its an organic nute.
im pretty sure its magnesium defiency, i was looking for a confirmation though.
its a coco peat mix and i have only fed with cal mag ONCE in 60 days and when i did it was a light feeding, so im thinking a full dose of cal mag next watering should clear it up.
does that sound like the case?

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
That sounds like you're on the right track. Before you go "full dose" of cal mag try taking the pH down to 5.8 and see if that helps. But yes most likely cal mag will resolve your issue, good looking plants otherwise :)

H

Hdinkleman

That sounds like you're on the right track. Before you go "full dose" of cal mag try taking the pH down to 5.8 and see if that helps. But yes most likely cal mag will resolve your issue, good looking plants otherwise :)
thanks, i have read though that going lower on ph actually honders magnesium uptake though, so going to try to keep it at 6, i have a new ph pen which i will be able to get the ph correct from now on.
before that i had a cheapy ph pen and it was off .3 at the least, so hopefully that little bit of ph being off couldve been the issue the whole time

whitebob

whitebob

water ph is 7.3, after nutes i ph it to 6.0 ( im growing in soilless hydro )
tds is something arpund 600-700 havent checked it for awhile its an organic nute.
im pretty sure its magnesium defiency, i was looking for a confirmation though.
its a coco peat mix and i have only fed with cal mag ONCE in 60 days and when i did it was a light feeding, so im thinking a full dose of cal mag next watering should clear it up.
does that sound like the case?
personally i think your better moving away from the organic nutes in coco you dont have the same bio diversity in the coco as in soil to get the benefits. In five years ive only ever added cal mag once (and dont think it was even needed) and i'm in coco..but thats just my opinion.

H

Hdinkleman

personally i think your better moving away from the organic nutes in coco you dont have the same bio diversity in the coco as in soil to get the benefits. In five years ive only ever added cal mag once (and dont think it was even needed) and i'm in coco..but thats just my opinion.

yes i think you are right, i originally bought the BIO canna stuff to grow in soil, and then bought the TERRA CANNA PRO PLUS thinking it would work well because it is the same brand.
when this grow is finished im going to invest in some different nutes.
if i had the money now i would just buy new nutes but for the time being im stuck using this stuff

H

Hdinkleman

I like 6.2/6.3 for coco. But my pH is never the same for each feed. Usually 5.9 - 6.3 any given feed.
ive googled this a bunch and canna terra pro plus is set to 5.8-6.2 +/- .2 so 6.0 seems to be the best for it, going to try a different medium next time i think when i run out of all the stuff i got now

H

Hdinkleman

I grew Original Glue last summer, great strain. You'll like the high
how much did you yield off of a plant? i have a single original glue in a 10 gallon smart pot, my goal is to get a lb off the plant, which may not happen but its still what i am shooting for. it looks like this today.

58E3A3AB BE87 42AA BA1A 05305F1B86BB

its the one on the left the other one is a white rhino, both are from nirvana seeds

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
thanks, i have read though that going lower on ph actually honders magnesium uptake though, so going to try to keep it at 6, i have a new ph pen which i will be able to get the ph correct from now on.
before that i had a cheapy ph pen and it was off .3 at the least, so hopefully that little bit of ph being off couldve been the issue the whole time

Ok but, and I should have just said this but I was only thinking it.. The reason I would try going a little lower on the pH first is because it may help Manganese uptake which is sometimes tricky to tell from magnesium deficiency.

Also when you mix your food and lower the pH of your water, how long do you let it sit before double checking the pH and feeding to your plants?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

how much did you yield off of a plant? i have a single original glue in a 10 gallon smart pot, my goal is to get a lb off the plant, which may not happen but its still what i am shooting for. it looks like this today.

View attachment 860087

its the one on the left the other one is a white rhino, both are from nirvana seeds
Mine were grown outside. I never weighed the dry weight. One plant yielded 18 lbs of green, trimmed bud on the stem. I'd guess 2.5 to 3 lbs dry. You can see pics in the link in my signature, top link.

H

Hdinkleman

Ok but, and I should have just said this but I was only thinking it.. The reason I would try going a little lower on the pH first is because it may help Manganese uptake which is sometimes tricky to tell from magnesium deficiency.

Also when you mix your food and lower the pH of your water, how long do you let it sit before double checking the pH and feeding to your plants?
usually 10-15 min, after i ph everything i set all the gallons aside and usually smoke a bowl and get the plants ready to water and then re test the water one more time before pouring into my watering can and actually watering

Oh gosh

Oh gosh

I see some purple. Does the other one have purple streaks also? If not and the strain has no purple genes I'd go with nutrient issue secondary to ph. Maybe recalibrate ph pen. Your tap water should have enough mag in it. However, I've never used coco. Your branching and spacing looks real nice.

H

Hdinkleman

I see some purple. Does the other one have purple streaks also? If not and the strain has no purple genes I'd go with nutrient issue secondary to ph. Maybe recalibrate ph pen. Your tap water should have enough mag in it. However, I've never used coco. Your branching and spacing looks real nice.
it does have purple streaks on the stems, i am thinking fungus gnats larvae may be causing some of my leaf issues

Deadstill

Deadstill

Supporter
I would suggest waiting at least 30 minutes after mixing nutes and pH adjustment, then take readings again and adjust accordingly if needed. Wait another 30 minutes, if it stays the same, feed 'em.

Also if you have a tds meter you should use it every single time right along with your pH pen just for good practice and shoot for the same number. Once you find the balance of nutes and pH that the plants need, you'll have better overall growth and less deficiencies to deal with.

I have a feeling part of the problem you're having is the pH of the water is rising before the plant takes it up. This is pretty common thing hydroponics growers have to deal with. It takes me forever to pH my food, I don't rush feeding at all. Not worth it. Just a couple tips I hope this helps!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Purple pinstriping and pale leaves tells me they are just a bit hungry. Likely for Ca and N. Could be Mg too I suppose, but I dont see any interveinal chlorosis yet. With Coco you need to use a little more Ca. Are you using tap water or RO? If RO I'd try using 0.2-0.3 Ec Calmag with EVERY feeding, and keep your total ppm going in to around 700 or so, or 1.3 Ec-ish. If tap, I'd try RO with Calmag.

Have you tested runoff Ppm and ph? Mind you being an organic nute I'm not sure how accurate itll be.

Your ph of 6 going in is ok but I agree with Deadstill, I'd try a feed at 5.8. I always had better results in coco with a slightly lower ph.

Latest posts

Top Bottom