I need help very fast, leaves turning yellow

• Thread starter rikeoffc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rikeoffc

rikeoffc

Hello guys, I need help with this problem as fast as possible. This little seedling is 10 days old I have her on the rooftop. It's Northern Lights AutoFEM. The soil is 50% coco 50% organic + perlite. It's in a little cup before I transplant it into a bigger one. Now I can't understand the problem, because I'm watering her almost every day as soon as the soil gets dry and I'm watering her usually at night. Today I saw that her leaves were turning yellow as is shown in the photo. I noticed it 3 days ago, but I didn't think that was gonna be a problem, because only 1 leaf was turning yellow and it was so little it was almost unseeable. Now my main guess is that this problem is because of the sun. This last week was too hot here, 38-40 C temperature so because of that I took her in shade for today. Please tell me that I can save her somehow because other than this I have only 2 plants.

I need help very fast leaves turning yellow
FourPlants

FourPlants

So the problem is in watering every day or watering at night?

If you are watering it twice a day I would think it is being overwatered. Can you bring it inside and let it get some size in front of a window?

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

you need to let the soil/medium dry out completely between watering
Ok, I got it. thank you very much. Is it possible that the problem can be from the sun too? As I said earlier it's very hot here almost 40C temperature every day

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

If you are watering it twice a day I would think it is being overwatered. Can you bring it inside and let it get some size in front of a window?
No, I'm only watering at night once a day. Yes, Sure I brought her in shade today

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

If this is mostly coco you should water everyday and every day it should get nutrients. We need to know exactly/ppm of run of and initial feed. No dry off after a few weeks in coco. No matter what anyone says… if your on the right nutrient ppm/ec for the stage of plant you cannot over water in coco… I’ve been doing 5 fertigations a day in coco since my plants where 2 weeks. You have to get the recipe and the run off / schedule down.

this young make sure your giving cam mag every feeding no matter what.

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

If this is mostly coco you should water everyday and every day it should get nutrients. We need to know exactly/ppm of run of and initial feed. No dry off after a few weeks in coco. No matter what anyone says… if your on the right nutrient ppm/ec for the stage of plant you cannot over water in coco… I’ve been doing 5 fertigations a day in coco since my plants where 2 weeks. You have to get the recipe and the run off / schedule down.

this young make sure your giving cam mag every feeding no matter what.
I haven’t started giving nutrients yet, because i thought she was too young. I have flora trio tripart, should I feed her with that already?

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
While I'll agree watering is important, and cycling the wet/dry, I don't feel like tha's your main problem here, I think heat is...

Back to the primary issue at hand. If your running 38-40c , you need to find some relief for the plant somehow, if possible. Go a bit lighter on the nutes during these high intensity periods, then ramp it up again when it's cooler. Either find a cooler spot, or give it a bit of shade during the worst spells.

Autoflowers are simply going to be a challenge in very hot climates. There not genetically inclined to do well in high heat situations.

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

While I'll agree watering is important, and cycling the wet/dry, I don't feel like tha's your main problem here, I think heat is...

Back to the primary issue at hand. If your running 38-40c , you need to find some relief for the plant somehow, if possible. Go a bit lighter on the nutes during these high intensity periods, then ramp it up again when it's cooler. Either find a cooler spot, or give it a bit of shade during the worst spells.

Autoflowers are simply going to be a challenge in very hot climates. There not genetically inclined to do well in high heat situations.
I haven't used the nutrients yet, because they're too small. This week is a little colder around 29-33 temperature with rains and clouds every day so I will look at how their appearance will change. Thank you very much again

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

I haven't used the nutrients yet, because they're too small. This week is a little colder around 29-33 temperature with rains and clouds every day so I will look at how their appearance will change. Thank you very much again
If coltydons are yellow you can start lite feed

rikeoffc

rikeoffc

If coltydons are yellow you can start lite feed
Hey I don't know what coltydons are exactly, would be glad if you could explain. Also, I saw her today and she looks exactly the same I guess it's because I placed her in shadow or else she would have been worse than yesterday

iX_Lazy_Xi

iX_Lazy_Xi

Very first roundish leaves you see near base when it sprouts. You can't undo damage just keep eye on new growth

BDH420

BDH420

when they are seedlings, try to keep it as simple as possible. There's lots of great advice here in this thread. try watering only in the morning. Get a feel for the weight of pot when its fully watered verse when its fully dry. You will begin to feel when she needs some water/nutes. Keep the nutes low half or quarter strength in the beginning. Be mindful of temps especially in full sun. Which is the problem im having now with fully grown plants. I made the mistake of using plastic buckets. They have good drainage but they heat up to much and my plants droop at anything over 32c 90f. When you do go to transplant I highly recommend cloth pots/ Smart pots. Don't be afraid to ask questions we are all noobs at one point. I Don't really have any advice that wasn't already said except the more simple you keep everything the less headaches you will get down the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom